Design Your Own Unis!!

Very cool!

How about a black version???

gophers3.jpg

I like looking at these designs. I wasn't creative enough to come up with my own. The black one does look a little too much like Iowa but maybe a different style wouldn't.

Because those aren't our school colors:

http://www1.umn.edu/brand/requirements-and-guidelines/color-and-type/index.php#color

The part I did like about those helmets is the block M was huge.

Were those the guidelines back in the Wacker era?

I deal with brand guidelines for a living - I can tell you that the average person could not care less about what they SHOULD do, but will rather do what they WANT to do.

In addition, those guidelines are primarily for printed and electronic material. I don't see anything with regards to clothing, uniforms, etc.

Finally, and this is why I liked the Wacker helmets - gold is a metallic color. Our colors as stated, are maroon and yellow.

Were those the guidelines back in the Wacker era?

I deal with brand guidelines for a living - I can tell you that the average person could not care less about what they SHOULD do, but will rather do what they WANT to do.

In addition, those guidelines are primarily for printed and electronic material. I don't see anything with regards to clothing, uniforms, etc.

Finally, and this is why I liked the Wacker helmets - gold is a metallic color. Our colors as stated, are maroon and yellow.

The AD did a comprehensive rebranding to make all the colors and logo use consistent between sports a few years back.

Black for black's sake is one of the worst uniforms trends EVER!!! Not to mention it is a dead tread. BFBS was "cool" about ten years ago when Gopher bball and hockey each had a BFBS sake uni. Horrible, horrible idea. Black has ZERO place in a University of MN uniform.

I like what Oregon does with their unis but wish they only did it will unis in the school colors. Don't like the black and carbon options.

I don't mind the black as long as they don't look like Iowa. It is just a color preference for me. I have a black car and a black cycle. I just like things clean and simple looking. Not that I don't like maroon and gold. Those are also favs of mine.

Black for black's sake is one of the worst uniforms trends EVER!!! Not to mention it is a dead tread. BFBS was "cool" about ten years ago when Gopher bball and hockey each had a BFBS sake uni. Horrible, horrible idea. Black has ZERO place in a University of MN uniform.

+1000

i agree BFBS is dead, but it's fun to see different options.

What about BFBS with maroon instead of gold?

definitely less 'iowa'.

gophers4-1.jpg

I would totally dig these for one game a year. It would be cool for a night game or a huge game. I think they are sweet. I know people are going to bash them because they are not historical or whatever that means...

I would totally dig these for one game a year. It would be cool for a night game or a huge game. I think they are sweet. I know people are going to bash them because they are not historical or whatever that means...

Hate it, Hate it, Hate it.

Black is not a school color of Minnesota in any way, shape or form.

Hate it, Hate it, Hate it.

Black is not a school color of Minnesota in any way, shape or form.

NO BFBS EVER!!!! Have a gold out or maroon out or white out or something. Black is Ugly with our school colors

Remember these?

97-98Jgodboutfrt.JPG

or these?

9698AltYelFrtAndLg01.jpg

I believe they wore black basketball jerseys too, or at the least they were accented black.

white is not a school color either.

(can you resize that pic, dang)

white is not a school color either.

(can you resize that pic, dang)

Actually batman, white has always been part of the uniform package / school colors. Back in the day maroon and white were the primary school colors. "golden gophers" was a descriptive term used by a local sportswriter way back in the day to descripe the football team. Gold was eventually worked into the school colors.

Actually batman, white has always been part of the uniform package / school colors. Back in the day maroon and white were the primary school colors. "golden gophers" was a descriptive term used by a local sportswriter way back in the day to descripe the football team. Gold was eventually worked into the school colors.

no mention of white here

Maroon and Gold

In 1880, the University of Minnesota was preparing for spring graduation. For the previous 29 years, different graduation colors were used every ceremony. In the spring of 1880, President Folwell began a tradition of common school colors at the University. He asked an English instructor, Mrs. Augusta Smith, to select proper colors to use for graduation ribbons and other occasions. She chose maroon and gold, which made a favorable impression on the students and faculty in 1880. As the years passed and without any kind of formal action, maroon and gold became the official school colors.

I like this combination for away games the best...
Maroon pants & helmets, white jerseys.
I think the M on the helmet would look better if it wasn't all gold, but maroon outlined in gold.
fbminny2010-298.jpg

The white helmets & all white uniforms are the worst gopher uniforms I've ever seen.
20101010_gopher-football_33.jpg

For home games I like the all maroon look best, with white pants a close second.
Yellow pants are cheesy.
Adam+Weber,+Steve+Davis,+Eric+Decker.jpg

I hope he leaves them as is. Nothing wrong with them, but it'd be nice if they pick a consistent home and away combo. Preferably maroon over gold and white over maroon.

Do me a favor

Do something with a Red Bull insignia on the helmet. M on the jersey. Black and red uniform. The red bull from the 34th Infantry Division.

Attachments

• 34id.gif
    34id.gif
    4.1 KB · Views: 10

I think a patch/helmet sticker to commemorate a different military division would be so cool. I know the #1 ROTC program in the country would love it!

what the hell

I'm the only guy to ever think the Gopher is an awful mascot. I think the team should be named after the glorious 34th Infantry Division and adopt their mascot, the red bull also known as the red devil.

As I have stated previously, this division fielded the first soldier to be deployed in WWII, sustained the longest combat of any division, and never lost ground -- only gained it. It honors the Big Ten as well as the state of Minnesota. It's members were mostly recruited from Minnesota, but also had members from Iowa, Nebraska and the Dakotas. Fought in North Africa, Italy, and France. 80% of the first Ranger battalion came from Minnesota and participated in the "practice invasion" at Dieppe. If our school is to honor something, let it be something real. Let it honor the sacrifice of the members of the 34th ID.

If not a name change, maybe helmet stickers!

Here is my quick and dirty effort, a little bit old school with a white helmet with maroon block M, stripes on the pants and a maroon jersey with gold numbers and a thin white outline that's hard to see here.

oldschoolnp.jpg

Here is my quick and dirty effort, a little bit old school with a white helmet with maroon block M, stripes on the pants and a maroon jersey with gold numbers and a thin white outline that's hard to see here.

If I knew photoshop, this is what I would have attempted. Great work, send it to Maturi!

I'm the only guy to ever think the Gopher is an awful mascot. I think the team should be named after the glorious 34th Infantry Division and adopt their mascot, the red bull also known as the red devil.

As I have stated previously, this division fielded the first soldier to be deployed in WWII, sustained the longest combat of any division, and never lost ground -- only gained it. It honors the Big Ten as well as the state of Minnesota. It's members were mostly recruited from Minnesota, but also had members from Iowa, Nebraska and the Dakotas. Fought in North Africa, Italy, and France. 80% of the first Ranger battalion came from Minnesota and participated in the "practice invasion" at Dieppe. If our school is to honor something, let it be something real. Let it honor the sacrifice of the members of the 34th ID.

If not a name change, maybe helmet stickers!
Thank God you're not in charge.

Top Bottom