Design Your Own Unis!!

GophAroundGuy

Reaction score
Since there seems to be a wide opinion base on Gopher Football uniforms....why do we have the creative folks out there design your own: both Nike and Under Armour have websites that you can build your own...there probably are others, but I'd be curious to see how creative or old school people take this.

Personally, I used to hate Oregon's approach, but now I kind of like it. I'm always curious to see what next week is going to look like.

http://www.underarmourteamuniforms.com/configurator/

http://www.niketeam.com/

I think each player on the team should design their own Uni.

Oops...I should have sold this idea to Nike instead of posting it here.

This idea that top recruits want to play in a flavor of the day type uni is bogus.

OSU, Neb, Iowa, Wisky, PSU have stayed with their traditional boring and classic togs and seem to do OK.

This idea that top recruits want to play in a flavor of the day type uni is bogus.

OSU, Neb, Iowa, Wisky, PSU have stayed with their traditional boring and classic togs and seem to do OK.

I think it's going too far to say that recruits don't want to play in new uni's. New and unique uni's are exciting, and I think if we did some survey research recruits would say that they like the new look.

With that said, things like tradition, playing time, stability, fan base, etc. will always top Uni's. It doesn't mean they don't have an impact, but if you're a recruit with two schools dead even in your mind and one school has a cool uniform it might be a swaying factor.

I created a real nice UA one. I don't know how to post it though... Its got white and gold shoulder stripes (kinda like the colts). Gold Collar. Gold numbers with a white border and one number on the right sleeve. State of Minnesota patch on the left sleeve. American flag on the back by the neck.

I made it so we could have white pants and a white helmet.

what about gold helmets?

gophers_1.jpg

Here is a quick one I made on the Nike site. I almost went with a "U" on the collar yoke instead of the M, but whatever. No name on back, classic striping, white pants were my goal.

nb3vkh.jpg

29nfodw.jpg

I wouldn't mind the gold helmets idea. Those uniforms are actually pretty sweet.

I wish we had maroon jerseys with gold stripes around the sleeve like nebraska does. looks good and classic at the same time.

I could not get the UnderArmor site to work....I posted the link, but never tested it. The Nike one is pretty easy to use.

After you download the PDF how do you adjust the colors.

I know we never wore jerseys like this, so they aren't "old school", but it's fun playing around. I'd put these jerseys with the white helmet from the '60s.

Attachments

• oldschoolhome.jpg
    oldschoolhome.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 64
  • oldschoolaway.jpg
    oldschoolaway.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 37

I know we never wore jerseys like this, so they aren't "old school", but it's fun playing around. I'd put these jerseys with the white helmet from the '60s.

I like. If they flip flopped so they had white pants and the maroon and gold striping, they would be awesome.

I think the Block M and state of Minnesota should be incorporated into the Uni's somehow. OUR Team. Our Minnesota

http://www.music.umn.edu/marchingband/songs/OurMinn.mp3

USC has one solid stripe over the shoulder. Not really like theirs besides the fact it's a traditional look, and they are the same colors.

Love it. Looks a little bit like Florida State.

I loved the gold helmets in the Wacker era. The jerseys were awful, but the helmets were cool. I don't know why we didn't stick with that.

Maybe the maroon jerseys above with the gold helmets from the previous page? Just a thought.

I thought I'd like this, but I don't know now.

Attachments

• GOPHERGOLD.jpg
    GOPHERGOLD.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 137

or this one

I kinda like big numbers on the helmet with no block M

Attachments

• Maroon&Gold number hielmets.jpg
    Maroon&Gold number hielmets.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 105

Top Bottom