Dennis Evans - Is it time to recommit?

Kind of comical to see experts who have already concluded that Dennis Evans is a bust, based on one game against a D2 opponent. Probably the same experts who have already decided that the Gophers 2023-24 season is already a bust before Johnson finally gets to coach with a full roster.

Just like it's way too early to declare the gophers' season a bust because they supposedly lost a controlled scrimmage against hated Colorado St., I think it's premature to declare Dennis Evans a bust because he didn't come here and he played poorly in an exhibition game against a DII opponent. I doubt he will be Joel Embiid, but I'm a couple of years away from writing him off.

I once declared that Adrian Peterson couldn't turn the corner based on a handful of carries in a preseason game.
I think most of us here realized it would take time for him to develop if he came here. I’m out on a limb here, but most declaring him a bust might be on the sarcastic side. Maybe it’s just me.

I think most of us here realized it would take time for him to develop if he came here. I’m out on a limb here, but most declaring him a bust might be on the sarcastic side. Maybe it’s just me.
Pretty much, Louisville fans will be unforgiving and he is going to take a beating his freshman year, if he doesn't lose his confidence he will be fine.

My point is PPG doesn't determine the true value of an elite rim protector.
And everyone's else point is that Evans is not an elite rim protector yet...if he was they likely don't lose to a mediocre D2 squad.

(obviously he is not a bust yet)

And everyone's else point is that Evans is not an elite rim protector yet...if he was they likely don't lose to a mediocre D2 squad.

(obviously he is not a bust yet)
If the mediocre D2 squad made a ton of three-pointers, an elite rim protector could not have saved his team from losing by himself.
Rim protectors can't block three-pointers.

There is nothing in basketball more overrated than "rim protector "

The best in the world effect maybe a handful of shots on their best night.

Nothing burger

If the mediocre D2 squad made a ton of three-pointers, an elite rim protector could not have saved his team from losing by himself.

Is that what happened?

What evidence do you have that he is an elite rim protector?

Is that what happened?

What evidence do you have that he is an elite rim protector?
As a High School Senior, he averaged 5.9 blocks per game.
What evidence do you have that he is NOT an elite rim protector?

As a High School Senior, he averaged 5.9 blocks per game.
What evidence do you have that he is NOT an elite rim protector?
By comparison, Manute Bol averaged 3.3 blocks per game in the NBA, with a career single season best of 5.0 blocks per game early in his career, before the shooters learned not to challenge him.

I bet Patrick Ewing would have swatted away some

...in 13 hole minutes
Dude looked terrible visually as well to go along with those lines. Somewhat skips up and down the down on his heels and doesn’t ever really bend over at all. It shocking he is playing around the rim as a rim defender, yet doesn’t get any rebounders

Top Bottom