Dennis Evans - Is it time to recommit?

Well, here's what you have to do.

1. Win the lottery.
2. create your own "Gopher Hoops NIL" collective
3. make it be know that you are willing to hand out 6-figure NIL deals for players who sign with the Gophers.
4. spread some cash around (discretely) on the AAU circuit to get the coaches on your side
5. buy a tape measure to get accurate wingspan measurements.

Sometimes drastic times call for drastic measures. Let’s charter a flight to his hometown, rent a bus, drive to house, sing the Rouser and show him some Gopher love. Perhaps that would convince him to recommit to the Gophs. If not I bet we would at least make the news.

Sometimes drastic times call for drastic measures. Let’s charter a flight to his hometown, rent a bus, drive to house, sing the Rouser and show him some Gopher love. Perhaps that would convince him to recommit to the Gophs. If not I bet we would at least make the news.
Local group asked to leave or be arrested, more at 6 🤣

He averaged 14 points in HS. Who cares. 4-year project…..
I posted that a while back. We need scoring. You'd think he'd be putting up 30-35 in high school.

I posted that a while back. We need scoring. You'd think he'd be putting up 30-35 in high school.
Or you need to keep the other team from scoring. That’s where Evan’s does, rim protection.

Dennis Evans commits to Louisville while their entire 2022 class of recruits will enter the portal. Their coach will be gone if he doesn’t win next year. Does anyone honestly still think that Evans backing out on the Gophs has anything to do other than money

Dennis Evans commits to Louisville while their entire 2022 class of recruits will enter the portal. Their coach will be gone if he doesn’t win next year. Does anyone honestly still think that Evans backing out on the Gophs has anything to do other than money
Agreed, I'm sure money is the biggest factor.

I also wonder if Pharrell Payne's emergence had anything to do with it. I can't see those two on the floor at the same time with their skillsets. And if Payne is only a year ahead of Evans, while Payne is getting 30 minutes a game...hard to get on the floor.

Our record doesn't help.....but yes......this appears to have been because of money. This is what NIL opens up. Nefarious backdoor dealings. And the school can claim ignorance as their boosters recruit already committed players.

Louisville has never done a single thing in basketball.

They have no fans. They play in an old, tiny, dilapidated gym.

Their school does not care about basketball, and does not support the program.

That they even have such money to give out in the first place (!!), is just some weird, bizarre twist of luck. Nothing to do with anything else. Random programs have hundreds of thousands to throw at a guy, from nowhere, all the time.

Yep

I mean you can't really believe that if it would have been the Gophers in the final instead of Penn State, that he would've left.

You can't

So I saw your post and checked it out. The first Twitter reply I found announcing the move (note i also had to sign up, and am new to Twitter) was a girl mostly naked with the caption want some - seemingly to Mr Evans.

How ironic - given their current probation.

Louisville has never done a single thing in basketball.

They have no fans. They play in an old, tiny, dilapidated gym.

Their school does not care about basketball, and does not support the program.

That they even have such money to give out in the first place (!!), is just some weird, bizarre twist of luck. Nothing to do with anything else. Random programs have hundreds of thousands to throw at a guy, from nowhere, all the time.

Yep
Did Louisville just suddenly have the rich history and fan base that they didn’t have when he committed to Minnesota? Logic would say if all those things were important he wouldn’t have committed to MN in the first place.

Of course we’ll never know for sure but it appears money is a big factor.

Did Louisville just suddenly have the rich history and fan base that they didn’t have when he committed to Minnesota? Logic would say if all those things were important he wouldn’t have committed to MN in the first place.

Sure, it's half of it. Not all of it.

Like I said, if we were the ones who had a Penn State type of season this year, he's still coming to the program.

If money was the reason, why did he come to the U in the first place? He was being offered money from other teams from the word go. People keeping saying this but it makes no sense. Unless he saw how terrible the Gophers were and decided he didn’t want to join that and play for nothing. I remember him saying he thought Ben would prepare him professionally, well now he probably doesn’t think that Ben can so he better grab some money while he can.

If money was the reason, why did he come to the U in the first place? He was being offered money from other teams from the word go. People keeping saying this but it makes no sense. Unless he saw how terrible the Gophers were and decided he didn’t want to join that and play for nothing. I remember him saying he thought Ben would prepare him professionally, well now he probably doesn’t think that Ben can so he better grab some money while he can.
or the money offered changed. big difference between 50k and 500k. his ratings also exploded after he had committed to us

Agreed, I'm sure money is the biggest factor.

I also wonder if Pharrell Payne's emergence had anything to do with it. I can't see those two on the floor at the same time with their skillsets. And if Payne is only a year ahead of Evans, while Payne is getting 30 minutes a game...hard to get on the floor.
He did mention fit, and I'm going to give the guy the benefit of the doubt that he's not a pathological liar. As with lots of things, there was probably more than one reason.

Well, here's what you have to do.

1. Win the lottery.
2. create your own "Gopher Hoops NIL" collective
3. make it be know that you are willing to hand out 6-figure NIL deals for players who sign with the Gophers.
4. spread some cash around (discretely) on the AAU circuit to get the coaches on your side
5. buy a tape measure to get accurate wingspan measurements.
I’m trying. I already have the tape measure.

Our record doesn't help.....but yes......this appears to have been because of money. This is what NIL opens up. Nefarious backdoor dealings. And the school can claim ignorance as their boosters recruit already committed players.
Nefarious? Backdoor?
No. This is reality. Accept it.

So I saw your post and checked it out. The first Twitter reply I found announcing the move (note i also had to sign up, and am new to Twitter) was a girl mostly naked with the caption want some - seemingly to Mr Evans.

How ironic - given their current probation.
Well maybe they still provide other “perks” on recruiting trips. Holdovers from the Pitino era.

Top Bottom