Current Bowl Projections

What do you mean here? I haven't seen or heard anything from players saying they're ready for the year to be done, but maybe I missed something.

They just played a pretty good game last weekend...I'd imagine they are feeling pretty good right now.
I was referring to other programs (e.g. Pitt, Virginia Tech, etc.) where players have opted not to play in a bowl, not Minnesota. I'd like to think that, after the Nebraska game and a win in wisconsin, they'd be fired up to stay together another 7-14 days and play another game.

What do you mean here? I haven't seen or heard anything from players saying they're ready for the year to be done, but maybe I missed something.

They just played a pretty good game last weekend...I'd imagine they are feeling pretty good right now.

Considering that a bunch of players came down with covid, I could see why players would possibly want to shut it down. We really have no idea the extent of their symptoms. Instead of the extra practice time and a bowl game without the vacation aspect....I could understand why the players would want to simply enjoy the holidays and start back up next year.

But who knows. I'd guess that tomorrow will likely sway some players depending on how the game turns out. Would also depend on the potential bowl opponent.

Considering that a bunch of players came down with covid, I could see why players would possibly want to shut it down. We really have no idea the extent of their symptoms. Instead of the extra practice time and a bowl game without the vacation aspect....I could understand why the players would want to simply enjoy the holidays and start back up next year.

But who knows. I'd guess that tomorrow will likely sway some players depending on how the game turns out. Would also depend on the potential bowl opponent.
I mean I'd totally understand if players wanted to sit out, but I'd imagine there are going to be quite a bit more who would want to play. These guys are competitors and a lot of them have hopes of playing at the next level.

Clearly if you're sick, having symptoms, high risk, whatever you would want to lay off, but for those that aren't I'd be surprised if they wouldn't be banging the door down to get on the field more.

I mean I'd totally understand if players wanted to sit out, but I'd imagine there are going to be quite a bit more who would want to play. These guys are competitors and a lot of them have hopes of playing at the next level.

Clearly if you're sick, having symptoms, high risk, whatever you would want to lay off, but for those that aren't I'd be surprised if they wouldn't be banging the door down to get on the field more.

I agree. I think tomorrows game will determine how guys are feeling. There'd have to be a majority that wanted to play to go through with it.

As for playing at the next level....guys wouldn't be cutting their careers short. This year doesn't count against eligibility.

I agree. I think tomorrows game will determine how guys are feeling. There'd have to be a majority that wanted to play to go through with it.

As for playing at the next level....guys wouldn't be cutting their careers short. This year doesn't count against eligibility.
No I know that this year is a wash and guys can come back but in order to get noticed you need to play. I'd imagine anyone with NFL hopes would want to play as much as possible to showcase skills.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see on all of it!

More than that, I think they need to be sure that they have enough players at each position group to field a squad. If 70 guys want to/are able to play, but only 5 of them are o-linemen, there is no way (IMO) they try to pressure guys to play. It is going to be interesting to watch how it shakes out since I think there are only going to be about 16 or 17 hours between the end of the game on Saturday evening and the announcement of the bowls on Sunday morning.

We haven't heard anything about the MN players, but I think he's saying that's the sentiment nationally. The players at multiple schools have voted not to accept a bowl bid. I think they're sick of getting tested, living in a pseudo-bubble, and being unable to see family let alone travel home.

Again, I'd love to see the Gophers play a good opponent in a bowl game, but I'd understand if they call it quits after tomorrow.
Guarantee it, if we win.

Can't think of a better way to end things than bringing the Axe home.

Top Bottom