Culture Counts: Deion Sanders chaotic culture turns into locker room violence in Colorado

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score

"Cormani was taking a lot of heat from everyone," said the former player. "At the same time Coach Prime was saying he was in the doghouse and needed to improve, Cormani was getting bullied by Shilo (Sanders). After the Oregon State game, Shilo slapped him several times, which left Cormani screaming 'I'm going to kill you' repeatedly. After that, you could tell he wasn’t mentally there. It’s hard when the coaches you trust are calling you derogatory names on the practice field."

This violence often seemed to come from personal vendettas, but not always. Jordan Seaton, another five-star recruit, was allegedly bullied into "proving his manhood" and picked to fight former CU lineman Savion Washington. In April, the two were said to have exchanged blows, leaving both bloody. Witnesses described it as "two bears scrapping for food."

While bullying was also a common theme, there was another alleged incident involving a gambling debt between backup QB Colton Allen and wide receiver Kaleb Mathis. Days after the Seaton-Washington melee, the son of Robert Mathis, who's CU's defensive back coach, was asked to pay Allen over a gambling debt in excess of $10,000, according to a former CU player. When Mathis refused, he allegedly proceeded to punch Allen repeatedly in the locker room, with players and coaches witnessing the assault. Allen allegedly refused to discuss the matter, fearing repercussions due to Mathis' connection to Prime’s coaching staff. Athlon reached out to Allen's father, who also denied comment.

But hey they're selling more tickets ...

Somebody is going to get killed eventually. 💀

I hope there are plenty of boosters with deep pockets. At this rate instead of using all their cash for NIL they will need some extra $$$ to just pay off all the people they need to keep quite because they need to keep Deion's star from getting tarnished on the national stage.

Last edited:

Not surprised by the trainwreck this has been and continues to be. This will be a very interesting season to watch for them. Schedule is softer with the move to the new look Big 12 without Texas and Oklahoma but if they don't win it is going to get ugly.

I've said it how many times - once his kids are gone, he's gone.
I don’t think you have to say kids.
Just his QB son.
Then his other son will transfer

I would say odds are 50/50 he is back in 2025

I'm surprised it didn't work out for Tim Brewster with Deion Sanders because Deion is a lot like Brewster.

Lots of big talk. One kid who's a QB, the other who's a safety. Recruits a lot of talent that will have heaps of drama and not play well together. Tons of turnover in their programs.

I'm surprised it didn't work out for Tim Brewster with Deion Sanders because Deion is a lot like Brewster.
Except at MN, Brewster has always got out when the getting was good

I have little doubt his sons can do whatever they want without any fear of getting in trouble.
Which is no different than any other kid who joins his families Businuess or is a kid of a politician. Correct? But because it’s sports there is a moral compass? Bruh.

Which is no different than any other kid who joins his families Businuess or is a kid of a politician. Correct? But because it’s sports there is a moral compass? Bruh.
It can be bad for all of the above...this scenario happens to affect a sport that this message board was created for ...hence the discussion.

Lots of big talk. One kid who's a QB, the other who's a safety. Recruits a lot of talent that will have heaps of drama and not play well together. Tons of turnover in their programs.
I don’t recall the heaps of drama with Brewster’s players.

Sanders should be coaching in an alternative pro league like the USFL or XFL. His handling of student athletes is embarrassing.

Top Bottom