Coyle: Considering Rollback of Donation Levels

This could create another mess. Some of the folks who dropped their ticket level with the change due to cost would be upset about not being able to get back into their previous seats after this change. People understandably become pretty attached to their seats, and develop relationships with the folks around them. They made the hard choice to move to cheaper seats or to drop their tickets, now the policy is being changed, and they won't get back where they were.

Genie, meet bottle, mind getting back in there for Mark?

Are you kidding? They made the EASY, reactionary choice.

It's called free will.

Are people at the prestigious university of Minnesota complain about donations????
cdd29f6b6241f2818b8ef3b71147fe66.jpg
c8c5fae8c6e68ccb6db5abb1706390d4.jpg

That said I grew up in Minnesota have always cheered for the gophers I think I'm buying in on the row the boat and gonna get myself some of these discounted season tickets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're talking about a significant difference in amount of seats with the the high dollar amounts. And people were upset at the projected increases that they have since backed off on. That rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

I don't care if you think that's what I'm saying.... the truth is you guys want the filet and you wanna pay for spam

If winning Junior Varsity championships is filet then no we don't want that.

You're talking about a significant difference in amount of seats with the the high dollar amounts. And people were upset at the projected increases that they have since backed off on. That rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

Also talking about a much smaller population

I don't care if you think that's what I'm saying.... the truth is you guys want the filet and you wanna pay for spam

Don't knock Spam. Them's fightin' words.

Also talking about a much smaller population

And essentially a High School game.

Basically this boils down to the increases in price were for a higher demand than we have right now. The ticket increases shouldn't have happened until we had consistent demand for tickets, i.e. a waiting list for a year or two. They also went up to fast. Price goes up, you are always going to lose some people, but you have to wait for those people to be replaced before increasing again. This plan didn't do that. The result was many current holders dropped seats, and due to the demand not being there no one replaced them. Further, there should have been some relief for long time season ticket holders.

So yes, the price should be peddled back to match the demand again. The prices can increase on a later date less aggressively when we know the demand is there. Increase will happen eventually, and it sucks, but when we have the demand from fans it should happen.

Man, shocked at what NDSU charges for Division II football. Those are "elite" type program (i.e. Oklahoma, LSU, USC) donations. Guess you can do that with the success and titles they've won. Not to mention it's the only game in town.

They also don't ge really sell out a 19 000 seat stadium. A dip in success and they will be in trouble.

I'm just thankful I don't live in ND.

But when he fired Claeys, Coyle blamed him for decreased attendance.

I know, right. And he's only now "hearing loudly and clearly" from fans upset about the increased prices. With each passing day this guy just reaffirms more and more how much a scumbag he is. What a dink.

That said, it's about fricken time.

Excuses I get lifelong Minnesota resident myself but what other games are you guys competing with... st Thomas??

More to the point, residents of the Twin Cities do not need to find a diversion that lets them forget that their live in North Dakota.

:)

More to the point, residents of the Twin Cities do not need to find a diversion that lets them forget that their live in North Dakota.

:)

Assumptions... not a North Dakota resident.... is now when you explain to me how the metro is superior to rural Minnesota?

Assumptions... not a North Dakota resident.... is now when you explain to me how the metro is superior to rural Minnesota?

I made no assumption about where you live. My (joking obviously) point is unaffected whether you live in Fargo, Grand Forks, or Mexico City.

And I have nothing punctuated with an apparently unnoticed :) to say about rural Minnesota.

:):):)

It gets hard to justify I'm sure... excuses excuses why the seat donation which is a write off is such a burden

I'm assuming you're young, don't have a family or bills to pay? Most people only have so much money to spend on sporting events. Most can't have season tix to the Gophers, Vikings, Twins, Wolves, and Wild at the same time.

You are loved. You are important. You matter.

You are loved. You are important. You matter.

Hey man whatever you gotta tell yourself in the mirror every morning is your deal

Thought we were going to expand the stadium with all the demand for tickets since we got rid of Claeys. Can't we just row our boat full of fans with some catchy words and lots of arm waving?

Your shtick is getting old. Give it a rest please?

And I hope you find zero tickets on the street next year and if you do, they are priced well above face.

I do too, but wishing it will not make it so. Particularly if there is a loss or "bad" win early on.

I know, right. And he's only now "hearing loudly and clearly" from fans upset about the increased prices. With each passing day this guy just reaffirms more and more how much a scumbag he is. What a dink.

That said, it's about fricken time.

I have a feeling Mr. Coyle will be handing out free candy for a while. Shiny objects keep the masses from paying attention to what he's actually done to the U.

Top Bottom