Cory picks Texas

Well, does this mean Avery is pulling his name from the draft then too? Avery, Tristan and Cory at Texas....the Findlay connection. Let's watch and see what happens to Findlay's coach if Findlay folds. Can you say assistant coach at Texas???

No one cares about texas. Texas is for failure. When is the last time they did something with all of their 4 and 5 star recruits?

both Cory and Thompson think they are one and done players and barnes did a great job selling them on that and that was the biggest factor. Barnes has mde no secret about showcasing these young guys for the NBA over tournament success and the kids buy it. Mo Walker also did a pretty good sell job on his influence on Cory's decision, which was very little.

Walker

both Cory and Thompson think they are one and done players and barnes did a great job selling them on that and that was the biggest factor. Barnes has mde no secret about showcasing these young guys for the NBA over tournament success and the kids buy it. Mo Walker also did a pretty good sell job on his influence on Cory's decision, which was very little.

Walker is pretty highly rated and appears to be a pretty good get by the Gophers. Who cares if he thought Cory would follow him or not.

Mo probably pulled a fast one, but I don't care. I hope the Big Fella can carry some water for us. Now that he's here, he's family. Like Olive Garden!

Well, there were a few of us who respected the opinion of those media outlets who were not mentioning us for a reason. It hurts, but if you didn't see this coming than you were extremely stubborn. If Royce and Trevor come back, things may turn out alright next year after all.

Good luck to Cory - he has a right to play where he choses.

Time to move on - really hope JC stays.

1 & Done players in 2011 may have to wait for an NBA Lockout to be resolved.

I see Cory as 2 or 3 years in college, minimum.

Mo Walker is a decent prospect in his own right.

williewilk2323 (4/23/2010 at 5:59 PM) You ladies want some more cheese with the wine? Ha. Welcome to Austin Cory. Hook'em
===
as a KU fan, i could care less who TX gets. Barnes is a horrible coach. TX will never challenge for a title under him, even if they signed classes like Kentucky.
i just wonder why some elite recruits are flocking to play for Barnes. this past season was one of the biggest choke jobs i have ever seen in college basketball. and TX has underachieved almost every year. williewilk2323 (4/23/2010 at 5:59 PM)
Report Violation You ladies want some more cheese with the wine? Ha. Welcome to Austin Cory. Hook'em verdoozle (4/23/2010 at 5:51 PM)
Report Violation Cory Joseph just made the worst decision of his basketball life. cocksmen1 (4/23/2010 at 5:50 PM)
Report Violation Great point! No idea... slappedyomomma24 (4/23/2010 at 5:32 PM)
Report Violation the university of texas: where good basketball players go to get worse.
how does Barnes still have a job after this past season? cocksmen1 (4/23/2010 at 4:49 PM)
Report Violation Enjoy mediocrity under Rick Barnes

------------------------------------------------
just some comments about it on espn's story. All of them are so true...

Time to move on. Go get Royce on scholarship and give him some rules:

Rule # !: Stay out of trouble
Rule # 2: Pick better friends
Rule #3: Stay off utube

It's not like Walker is some scrub though. Would the gophers not have wanted him had they known he would have no influence on Cory? I mean we're already pretty loaded with big guys, but he's a pretty solid pickup this late in recruiting.

I dreaded hearing this but figured it was coming. Cobbs is a nice player and I hoped he stayed even if CJ was coming, but now even moreso.

I seriously don't understand why a stud point guard would not want to come play for the Gophers. They have good to very good players at every position and are primed for some big seasons if things don't come crashing down like they did this past year. As such, where are the PGs coming out of high school from MN? Sure would be nice to have some talent other than big men come out of the state.

Any chance the Joseph family decided this all on their own. Here's one possibility.

1. Devoe is a junior and had a half year learning how to play point guard.

2. There's no question he improved dramatically over those 2 1/2 months.

3. Devoe is not very big - seemingly not big enough to play 2G in the NBA.

4. Thus if he has any hope of playing in the NBA (or be a pro at any highish level), it would be best for him to log as much PG time in college as possible.

5. If Cory comes to MN, he takes most/all of Devoe's PG minutes.

RESULT: Cory goes elsewhere so they can both pursue their dream of making the NBA with the best situation for each of them.

Any chance the Joseph family decided this all on their own. Here's one possibility.

1. Devoe is a junior and had a half year learning how to play point guard.

2. There's no question he improved dramatically over those 2 1/2 months.

3. Devoe is not very big - seemingly not big enough to play 2G in the NBA.

4. Thus if he has any hope of playing in the NBA (or be a pro at any highish level), it would be best for him to log as much PG time in college as possible.

5. If Cory comes to MN, he takes most/all of Devoe's PG minutes.

RESULT: Cory goes elsewhere so they can both pursue their dream of making the NBA with the best situation for each of them.

LOL! That is one impressive spin job. Kudos!

Wow, it sucks to come on here after watching the NFL Draft and find out this news. I actually don't think GopherJake's theory is that far fetched. If Devoe Joseph is going to play in the NBA, it's going to be a the 1, and he'd be behind both Cory and Al at that spot.

I don't think Devoe is an NBA guy, but the family may think otherwise. Regardless of why Cory chose Texas, it was a big blow to our program.

I hope the coaches take Royce White or nobody for 2010. We don't need to be filling our roster with the fringe guys who are still available.

Cory Joseph would have been a nice get but if anyone thinks he is good enough to go to the NBA after 1 year in college they are as drunk as Gary Tinsley and Sam Maresh

Devoe Joesph in the NBA? C'mon man....

Funny how this theory doesn't present itself until after CJ decides to go to Texas. What if CJ had committed to the Gophs? Would Devoe transfer because his brother is taking his minutes, thus preventing him from getting a shot in he NBA?

LOL!

BTW, I thought Royce White quit. Why do people continue to look the other way on that?

Funny how this theory doesn't present itself until after CJ decides to go to Texas. What if CJ had committed to the Gophs? Would Devoe transfer because his brother is taking his minutes, thus preventing him from getting a shot in he NBA?

LOL!

BTW, I thought Royce White quit. Why do people continue to look the other way on that?

Not a new theory.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?t=17248

The theory was that maybe Devoe and his family think he would have a better shot that way, not that he realistically has a chance. Do you really think that they don't think Devoe has a shot? Btw, way to find a way to put words in someone's mouth just so you could bring one of our players down as usual.

You managed to bring up Royce in a completely unrelated topic. Nice work. Everyone's been wondering what you think about the Royce situation.

LOL!

LOL!

I guarantee you Devoe thinks about the NBA. He was brought to the Canadian National Team camp, he had scholarship offers from Kansas and Texas, and you think he doesn't think he's got a shot at the NBA?

I personally don't think Devoe is an NBA player, but that doesn't mean that's not his main goal. It would be my goal if I was in his shoes. The family may have decided that it was better for Devoe's future if Cory chose another school. It's also possible that the family wanted the brothers to play together. GopherJake just presented a theory, I think it's a plausible one. It certainly was no less plausible than anything we've read from the Gopher beat writers on the situation. The bottom line is Cory Joseph would have been a huge addition to the 2010 Gophers and he's not coming here, it doesn't matter if it's because he like orange more than maroon or is better friends with Tristan than Mo or anything else.

What a dumbass. Texas was the least attractive option out of the 5 teams. Yikes.

texas has a big time athletic program with comitment from the president (how do we spell mark youdoff?) down to the coaches.....they dont have a weak administration and are driven to win in major athletics...........unlike Minnesota who is mediocre at best......as I have been saying it is time for a change in attitude and in commitment from the administration. Success in Major D1 college athletics drives public perception and revenue for universities. This attitude and a success driven culture does affect recruiting. Time for a change of the guard at the U or M.

If Cory Joseph wanted to be a Gopher, he would have signed a long time ago.
The world's WORST recruiter: Devoe Joseph.

Top Bottom