Cory Joseph's coach

How many teams are top tier in your opinion? If there are 10-15 top schools, then no way. 35-40 then I am with you. MN is a lot more attractive to people on this board than it is nationally, IMO. If it were, why are we not landing top 50 players from outside the state on a regular basis, as many top tier schools are doing? This is not a rip, just my thoughts.

Exactly what I said in my earlier post. So very true. Look at the rest of the Big ten and the classes they are landing. If we were to land the classes like Michigan state, Illinois, Ohio State and Purdue were landing people wouldn't know what to do with themselves. Top Tier teams get the best players all the time.

How many teams are top tier in your opinion? If there are 10-15 top schools, then no way. 35-40 then I am with you. MN is a lot more attractive to people on this board than it is nationally, IMO. If it were, why are we not landing top 50 players from outside the state on a regular basis, as many top tier schools are doing? This is not a rip, just my thoughts.

Devoe Joseph and Ralph Sampson are both top 60 players from outside the state but don't let that get in the way of your argument. Iverson and Walker are top 150 from out state.

Devoe Joseph and Ralph Sampson are both top 60 players from outside the state but don't let that get in the way of your argument. Iverson and Walker are top 150 from out state.

I wont. They are not top 50, and are in the top 60 in some, top 100 in others. They were not consistantly rated in the top 50 nationally all over the board. The post was not about landing top 150 players. It was about top tier teams and who they sign. My personal opinion is that there are only about 10 top end programs that land top players from all over the country, and the U is not one of them. No harm in it, but just my thoughts on the post stating that he thought the gophers were a top tier program. I do think they are a top 35-40 program, but IMO, that is not a top tier one.

I didn't think you would, you're a sneaky one.

They are not top 50, and are in the top 60 in some, top 100 in others. They were not consistantly rated in the top 50 nationally all over the board.

Few top 50 players are consistently rated that high, outside the top 10-20.

My personal opinion is that there are only about 10 top end programs that land top players from all over the country, and the U is not one of them.

Dumb. Nice straw man but you're arguing with yourself because nobody says this.

No harm in it, but just my thoughts on the post stating that he thought the gophers were a top tier program. I do think they are a top 35-40 program, but IMO, that is not a top tier one.

This is a fair opinion, but Minnesota would then be one of the top-recruiting programs in 35-40 range. Landing 2 top 60 players from out of state, 4 top 150 players from out of state, plus keeping a top 20 player in Royce White and a top 100 players in Williams at home is very nice for a top 35-40 program.

Earlier I said the gophers are top tier. I thought about this statement and i would like to change it. The gophers are NOT. They are a top 30 in my mind no doubt. I still think that they should be able to compete for some of the top prospects. But if you look at UNC, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA, and hell you could even put Indiana in there before the 2000s. Those are the richest college baskeball program of all time. Its different when you say. I played college basketball at UNC or Duke. then when you say I play basketball at Minnesota. Are we a top 10 program? no. We still should be able to get a blue chip recruit with have recent history and Tubby.

Earlier I said the gophers are top tier. I thought about this statement and i would like to change it. The gophers are NOT. They are a top 30 in my mind no doubt. I still think that they should be able to compete for some of the top prospects. But if you look at UNC, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA, and hell you could even put Indiana in there before the 2000s. Those are the richest college baskeball program of all time. Its different when you say. I played college basketball at UNC or Duke. then when you say I play basketball at Minnesota. Are we a top 10 program? no. We still should be able to get a blue chip recruit with have recent history and Tubby.

Sound reasoning. I think they are in the top 30 area as well. And with a nationally know coach, they should be in the mix for top 20 recruits every year. We dont have to land All-Americans year in and out, but every couple of years we should be landing one of these guys...

Remember Verdell Jones III recruitment.

I am crossing my fingers on Corey but I also remember losing out on Verdell Jones III. One of the TV stations actually announced he was coming to Minnesota. The station later corrected the story.

Sound reasoning. I think they are in the top 30 area as well. And with a nationally know coach, they should be in the mix for top 20 recruits every year. We dont have to land All-Americans year in and out, but every couple of years we should be landing one of these guys...

no way. Minnesota is a top 50 program and that is it. This board thinks way too much of this program. 2 B10 Cahmpionships since 1982 (counting 1997) does not equal a top 30 program.

Sure some good players have came through here but not enough. 2nd tier B10 program and that is it.

This is coming from someone who went to this school.

no way. Minnesota is a top 50 program and that is it. This board thinks way too much of this program. 2 B10 Cahmpionships since 1982 (counting 1997) does not equal a top 30 program.

Sure some good players have came through here but not enough. 2nd tier B10 program and that is it.

This is coming from someone who went to this school.

Fair enough. Sound reasoning. If you look at most of my posts I usually get ripped for knocking the gophs. I think they are in the neighborhood of top 30 though. But I can agree with top 50 as well. I'll say between 30 and 50

Top Bottom