Cory Joseph's coach

You don't know me, so stop right now with the "he just posts negative messages" line of thinking. I'm one of the most pro-Minnesota guys you could run into. If you read my posts, you'd see that I have wanted nothing more than for Maurice Walker and Cory Joseph to sign with the Gophers, so I am ecstatic at the news about Mo today!

Oh, and I absolutely HATE the Cornhuskers, so it's funny that you decided to lump me in with the garbage that inhabits Lincoln, Nebraska.

Don't think that message was for you, but rather for GopherGod. Not sure, but making a guess.

^Agree with MRJ. Minnie, I've seen your posts and there's not much negative about them. GG on the other hand...

You don't know me, so stop right now with the "he just posts negative messages" line of thinking. I'm one of the most pro-Minnesota guys you could run into. If you read my posts, you'd see that I have wanted nothing more than for Maurice Walker and Cory Joseph to sign with the Gophers, so I am ecstatic at the news about Mo today!

Oh, and I absolutely HATE the Cornhuskers, so it's funny that you decided to lump me in with the garbage that inhabits Lincoln, Nebraska.

Is this the first message board you've posted on? He was talking to GopherGod, not you.

Also, don't waste your time bothering to respond to GopherGod's posts. He is a cynical, annoying Husker fan who pretends to be a Gopher fan for some as-yet-undetermined reason. He claims to be a Gopher alum, but I highly doubt it. And further, even if he is, he is certainly not a Gopher fan.

DP - Are you in Vegas yet?

Is this the first message board you've posted on? He was talking to GopherGod, not you.

Also, don't waste your time bothering to respond to GopherGod's posts. He is a cynical, annoying Husker fan who pretends to be a Gopher fan for some as-yet-undetermined reason. He claims to be a Gopher alum, but I highly doubt it. And further, even if he is, he is certainly not a Gopher fan.

Sorry for the mixup. And thanks for the head's up. It's also good to know that GG is a Huskers fan, so I can rub it in that Creighton usually kicks the snot out of the Huskers on the hardwood. :D

Don't forget Texas, GopherGod is in love with with the Longhorns too!!

Lest we forget. He really takes Osborne and Pelini all the way down to the base of the shaft, though. Mack Brown seems to be more of a "just the tip" thing.

I just got back on Monday. Don't worry, I left some money out there for you.

I'm sure I will leave some out there too - although I'm really counting on my Gophers parlay bet to win the Basketball, Football, and Hockey National Championships at 100,000,000,000 to 1 to pay off.

Nope. Flight leaves at 5:54. In 329 minutes. Not that I'm counting or anything.

Don't lose all your money before I get there tomorrow night!

Lest we forget. He really takes Osborne and Pelini all the way down to the base of the shaft, though. Mack Brown seems to be more of a "just the tip" thing.

Haha.

Some talk on the Texas side of things has his family wanting him to go to Nova (which I don't fully understand or would bet on since his brother is at Minnesota), and Joseph wanting to go to Texas with Tristan Thompson. I'm just happy Texas is in the mix. We need a legit PG in the worst way.

Austin is a big pull. And the facilities at Texas are just ridiculously nice. Add in Tristan Thompson and I like our chances. But if he decides to go elsewhere I hope he does choose Minnesota over Nova. Minnesota, like it or not, is a second rate program. But landing Joseph would be a huge step up for the program.

What are you talking about? Cory hasn't made up his mind yet and the coach admits he has no idea where Cory is leaning. His statements don't prove anything other than he wants Cory to go to either Texas, UNLV or Villanova. That's the beginning and the end of what this article ultimately means.

Coach's comments aside, with his brother on the team and one of his best friends heading there, Minnesota should be at the top of his list — and that obviously hasn't happened. Only Cory knows where he truly wants to go. His brother, mom, Walker and his high school coach are all left guessing in my opinion.
As much as it hurts to say, I think its admirable what Devoe MAY be doing. If he is indeed using a hands-off approach, I respect him for that. Cory should go where Cory wants to go.

Coach's comments aside, with his brother on the team and one of his best friends heading there, Minnesota should be at the top of his list — and that obviously hasn't happened. Only Cory knows where he truly wants to go. His brother, mom, Walker and his high school coach are all left guessing in my opinion.
As much as it hurts to say, I think its admirable what Devoe MAY be doing. If he is indeed using a hands-off approach, I respect him for that. Cory should go where Cory wants to go.

I guess I'm having some difficulty with your terminology. You state that Minnesota should be at the top of Cory's list, but isn't. I'm not sure how much higher on the list you can get than being one of the finalists. The rest of it is spot on imo, which is why I find it laughable that folks on the Texas board, Nova board or anybody else is claiming things like "his family wants him to go to Nova but he really wants to go to Texas." The truth is nobody has a clue either way.

The rest of it is spot on imo, which is why I find it laughable that folks on the Texas board, Nova board or anybody else is claiming things like "his family wants him to go to Nova but he really wants to go to Texas." The truth is nobody has a clue either way.

Well, I'm pretty sure his momma wants him to go to Minnesota, so that she can catch most or all of her sons' games instead of having to go to one school one weekend, and then travel to see the other son play the next weekend. It'd just be so much easier for Cory to come to Minnesota, but he's so good at keeping things a secret that no one, not even his closest friends, seems to have any clue where the kid's going to end up.

Why do you presume that?

Because he hasn't said anything and just about every article and rumor I see is prefaced by the whole "Cory isn't letting anything slip" line. I'm sure that there are some close to him (ie...family members and close personal friends who might know), but they seem just as tight-lipped as Cory. In other words, no one that might post something on a message board probably knows much.

Because he hasn't said anything and just about every article and rumor I see is prefaced by the whole "Cory isn't letting anything slip" line. I'm sure that there are some close to him (ie...family members and close personal friends who might know), but they seem just as tight-lipped as Cory. In other words, no one that might post something on a message board probably knows much.

No one know much but we all know everything. That makes sense.

No one know much but we all know everything. That makes sense.

So I guess we can throw you into the crowd that believes everything you see on a message board then?

So I guess we can throw you into the crowd that believes everything you see on a message board then?

I guess we can throw you into the crowd that can't make the distinction between legitimate recruiting chatter with BS.

So far, what I've been able to gather is that message board posters are right all the time and that no one knows anything but everyone knows everything.....or.....um......something. :confused:

I guess we can throw you into the crowd that can't make the distinction between legitimate recruiting chatter with BS.

What exactly makes it legitimate? The fact that someone brought up Cory Joseph and that they heard from someone who heard from somebody else that Cory wants to go here but his family wants him to go there? Is that legitimate?

Trust me. If Cory joins this recruiting class, and plays for the Gophers, there will be plenty of time in the spot light for the Minnesota program. It's not like Minnesota is a second-rate program, folks.

No it is not, but it is well behind his other choices, save UNLV.

I would have to say Minnesota is a top tier school. If not they are on the bubble. They have made the tourny the past 2 years and have had 3 20+ wins seasons. With one of the greatest coaches of all time. Granted they got knocked out both rounds. But let me remind you they can play with anyone. They beat some pretty stellar teams this year. Im not gonna list them cause you all know. They were a player away from being a sweet 16 team last year. Either Royce or Trevor wouldve put them over the edge. They were just alittle inconsistant. They are defiently a program on the rise. Going to the U of M would be a fun time as a student athlete. It should be an easy sell. Great overall sports program. Top 25 I believe for the past few years. Great area, great arena, great academics. Anyways if they can get either Royce or CJ this year they will be a great team next year. And if they get both they will be better then 'Nova, Texas, or UNLV. I hope he realized that

If only Cory knows where he wants to go then how do you know Minnesota is not obviously on the top of his list?

I would have to say Minnesota is a top tier school. If not they are on the bubble. They have made the tourny the past 2 years and have had 3 20+ wins seasons. With one of the greatest coaches of all time. Granted they got knocked out both rounds. But let me remind you they can play with anyone. They beat some pretty stellar teams this year. Im not gonna list them cause you all know. They were a player away from being a sweet 16 team last year. Either Royce or Trevor wouldve put them over the edge. They were just alittle inconsistant. They are defiently a program on the rise. Going to the U of M would be a fun time as a student athlete. It should be an easy sell. Great overall sports program. Top 25 I believe for the past few years. Great area, great arena, great academics. Anyways if they can get either Royce or CJ this year they will be a great team next year. And if they get both they will be better then 'Nova, Texas, or UNLV. I hope he realized that

How many teams are top tier in your opinion? If there are 10-15 top schools, then no way. 35-40 then I am with you. MN is a lot more attractive to people on this board than it is nationally, IMO. If it were, why are we not landing top 50 players from outside the state on a regular basis, as many top tier schools are doing? This is not a rip, just my thoughts.

Top Bottom