Confernce Realignment Chaos is Here!!!!!! (maybe ... probabbly not) (Rumor Texas and OK reach out to SEC about joining)

Self serving small fish trying to project as big whale. If cornkids department is working with ppl like him. They deserve to get all kinds of mockery. B1G doesn't need corns to survive or thrive. They feel like poking B1G will do great for them. They can have their independent spirit in good old Big 12. Oh wait is there still Big 12 ? Ppl from Nebreska need to wake up from 90s dream.
Where would they go? SEC? They'll get destroyed there.

Id be happy to see them go. Id miss that win every year tho. Nebby is so delusional.. If they want out.. let them go. Adios, good riddance...
My guess is B12 tries to lure them and colorado back. Maybe add smu and colorado state or cincinnati.... Wouldn't be a bad division for a second tier. Nebby would win it most years...

Here we go
Why are people assuming that this has anything to do with jumping to another conference. Isn’t it more likely that it has something to do with some big “game changing” NIL deal that will funnel money to Nebraska players and allow them to recruit at a higher level? Or is intended to garner attention for his sports law firm and his efforts to get into the NIL business?

Why are people assuming that this has anything to do with jumping to another conference. Isn’t it more likely that it has something to do with some big “game changing” NIL deal that will funnel money to Nebraska players and allow them to recruit at a higher level? Or is intended to garner attention for his sports law firm and his efforts to get into the NIL business?
Because it states.. great for nebby.. not so great for B1G (paraphrasing here)

Nebraska is a poor cultural fit for the Big Ten. We never should have accepted them in the first place.

Who should replace them?

Nebraska is a poor cultural fit for the Big Ten. We never should have accepted them in the first place.

Who should replace them?
I'd like teams from both coasts. North carolina, west virginia, usc, ucla, oregon.. stanford. Hell even colorado would be nice

But that's just me

Here we go
Please be leaving.
:ROFLMAO: :rolleyes:

Ended up being a fake. Who could've guessed that, from a Nebraska grad.

It's just a video about how Nebraska's lawsuit against the Big Ten last year saved the season.
Except he isn't even a Nebraska grad:LOL:. From his LinkedIn page:

Education​

• Fordham University School of Law
    Fordham University School of Law Graphic

Fordham University School of Law​

J.D.Trial Advocacy / Sports Law​

2010 - 2013
    Activities and Societies: Fordham Sports Law Forum (President), Fordham National Basketball Negotiation Competition (Founder), 2012 Tulane National Baseball Arbitration Competition (Coach), 2011 Tulane National Baseball Arbitration Competition (Competitor), 2011 Thomas Jefferson National Sports Negotiation Competition (Competitor), Brendan Moore Trial Advocacy Team (Executive Board), Fordham Environmental Law Review (Editor)
  • Union College
    Union College Graphic

Union College​

B.A.Philosophy​

All it turned out to be is some sort of production about how "Nebraska saved B1G football" last year by suing the B1G after they cancelled. Nothing related to realignment.

Please be leaving.

Except he isn't even a Nebraska grad:LOL:. From his LinkedIn page:

Education​

• Fordham University School of Law
    Fordham University School of Law Graphic

Fordham University School of Law​

J.D.Trial Advocacy / Sports Law​

2010 - 2013
    Activities and Societies: Fordham Sports Law Forum (President), Fordham National Basketball Negotiation Competition (Founder), 2012 Tulane National Baseball Arbitration Competition (Coach), 2011 Tulane National Baseball Arbitration Competition (Competitor), 2011 Thomas Jefferson National Sports Negotiation Competition (Competitor), Brendan Moore Trial Advocacy Team (Executive Board), Fordham Environmental Law Review (Editor)
  • Union College
    Union College Graphic

Union College​

B.A.Philosophy​

He seems desperate to make some dullarhhh. Must have overpaid for his law degree and getting underpaid currently. Whatever it takes i guess.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

He seems desperate to make some dullarhhh. Must have overpaid for his law degree and getting underpaid currently. Whatever it takes i guess.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Yep. If I'm Nebraska, I politely tell him "Get off my side".

Put that in same category with the "alternate Nebraska Jersey" that showed up on the internet. Turned out to be a fan-created photo-shop that some other sites picked up, thinking it was legit.

It is getting harder to tell real from fake on a lot of these types of posts.

Put that in same category with the "alternate Nebraska Jersey" that showed up on the internet. Turned out to be a fan-created photo-shop that some other sites picked up, thinking it was legit.

It is getting harder to tell real from fake on a lot of these types of posts.
I did get a good laugh at that uni though...

Pac-12 and B1G commissioner's "celebrating" the rose bowl game? I'm sure they also discussed potential future moves re:scheduling agreements, etc.

^^ if FOX is willing to take on ESPN and willing to up our ante to $70M/school/year if we agree to give them more regular season games and including the likes of Oregon vs Michigan, USC vs Ohio St, Washington vs Penn St (or whatever floats their boats), F'in A. Do it.

Didn't want to start a new thread for this -- but if someone else wants to, go for it (you can find this on ESPN college football homepage).

They won't be voting on the 12 team expanded CFP right now.

"The support for expansion is clear, which is great," Swarbrick said when asked if the eight-team format was garnering serious consideration. "I think the focus will be on the issues surrounding the 12-team model."

The obstacles haven't changed: There are concerns about the academic calendar, and the postseason occurring during December final exams, along with worries over the health of the student-athletes possibly playing 17 games -- a remote possibility, but still a scenario. The Rose Bowl's demand to sell its own television rights and to keep its game on Jan. 1 is a major sticking point. If the Rose Bowl hosts a semifinal or quarterfinal game, the CFP would own the media rights.

American Athletic Conference commissioner Mike Aresco said his league is still "strongly supportive" of the 12-team format.

"You still have a lot of issues you have to work through, and it takes some time," Aresco said. "I'm hoping we can ultimately get to 12. I think 12 is the right number because of the balance between the automatics and the at-larges. It's the one that has the best chance of satisfying the whole group, but that's my personal opinion."

The current proposal under consideration calls for the bracket each year to include the six highest-ranked conference champions, plus the six highest-ranked other teams as determined by the selection committee. No conference would qualify automatically, and there would be no limit on the number of participants from a conference.

The four highest-ranked conference champions would be seeded one through four and each would receive a first-round bye, while teams seeded five through 12 would play each other in the first round on the home field of the higher-ranked team. Under the proposal, the quarterfinals and semifinals would be played in bowl games. The championship game would continue to be at a neutral site, as under the current format.

Speedbumps developed this summer following the decisions of Oklahoma and Texas to join the SEC, as commissioner Greg Sankey was a member of the CFP's four-person working group that ultimately concluded the 12-team model was the best option.

The collegiate landscape has shifted significantly since June, when the presidents and commissioners last met to discuss the 12-team format, which at the time had garnered more widespread support.

"A 12-team format allows the six best conference champions access to the national championship playoff," Sankey told ESPN in a recent interview. "It also allows the six best remaining teams that are not conference champions that access.

"And while we might long-term look and say four can continue to work, for us to have a healthy national sport, a national championship, I remain convinced there's a lot of wisdom around the 12-team approach. I look forward to others framing their own ideas and the discussion that will take place, but I've not been in the position of saying, 'Hey, here's when I think this change will happen, nor here's when this decision will be made.'"

I think secretly, Big Ten and PAC would love for the Rose Bowl to not be included in the CFP, and be an independent game every year.

That gets the two conferences a much bigger pay out each year, that they don't have to share with the rest of the P5. And people will still tune in for the pomp and tradition of it on NYD every year, even it's the 2nd place PAC vs 3rd place Big Ten.

Yeah. These two moving to the SEC might help the big ten.

Right now the playoff is:
SEC
Big Ten champ
Oklahoma
Clemson

if one of Oklahoma and Clemson struggles it is a competition between:
Pac 12 champ
Big 12 champ
ACC champ
2nd SEC

now:
SEC champ
Clemson
Big ten champ
4th spot open between SEC 2, pac 12 champ, big ten 2nd

Honestly, the big ten is closer to a guaranteed spot in a 4 team playoff post Oklahoma and Texas move

In a 12 team playoff the SEC was probably guaranteed 3-4 teams before and probably are still getting 3-4 teams.
In the expanded SEC, the big ten is better off with a 4 team playoff. This continues to be true.
The SEC just added to its league and will make money. But it won’t get 4-6 teams in a 12 team playoff like they hoped, they’ll get 1 and on occasion 2 playoff teams in a 4 team playoff for now

Conference realignment: The American could add new schools soon, and the Mountain West is a target

Conference realignment isn’t slowing down, and American Athletic Conference commissioner Mike Aresco believes his league could add new members in a matter of weeks, rather than months.

Aresco made the comments in a brief interview with The Athletic after Wednesday’s College Football Playoff meeting involving all 10 FBS commissioners and Notre Dame’s athletic director.

“We’ve engaged only with people that had an interest,” Aresco said.

It’s been a frantic several weeks in the Group of 5 on the topic of realignment. There was a race for the Big 12, but AAC members Cincinnati, Houston and UCF only needed to submit a short official letter in the end to get the official invitation, as they stood out from the pack from a television, financial and athletic success perspective. From there, attention turned to the AAC, which is now looking for two to four additions to restock.

That’s where things get complicated. Some schools very much want an invitation from the AAC. Some schools question the value of the conference, especially if Memphis gets a Big 12 invitation in a few years. And some believe that those downplaying the AAC are only jealous they’re not in the AAC conversation. Everyone has a different opinion. These are petty times.

Moving to the SEC or up to the Big 12 was an easy decision. Decisions now are not as clear. Still, schools are putting together their information and pitches, should the opportunity arise.

Aresco would not hint at or name any schools the AAC is considering, but a western wing of Mountain West schools is believed to be among the top targets, including Boise State, San Diego State, Colorado State and Air Force, according to other sources. All four have athletic budgets around $50 million, which is in the AAC’s range. But in the weeks since AAC spots opened up, it’s Colorado State and Air Force that are believed to be more interested in leaving than the other two.

Boise State and SDSU once briefly agreed to join the Big East, and the Broncos have previously had discussions with the AAC. But Boise State will be a top target if the Big 12 expands again, and commissioner Bob Bowlsby has said further expansion is very much on the table. So the potential of paying two conference exit fees within a few years with a move to the AAC is not appealing. SDSU has its sights on a Power 5 invitation as well. The travel costs in the AAC for Boise State and SDSU would also be greater than the two Colorado schools. Sending volleyball teams to Philadelphia and Greenville, N.C., is not a draw.

There’s also doubt about the future of the AAC’s television deal. AAC schools currently make about $6 million annually, but that is bound to go down without the three departing programs and their sizable television audiences. How much so has been up for debate. The Mountain West distributes about $4 million annually, but Boise State receives its own carve-out for its home games that can be worth an additional $1.8 million. (That carve-out has frustrated other MWC schools, and the league’s attempt to change it led to a threat of a lawsuit from Boise State in 2020.)

Still, there’s a belief that, with Cincinnati, Houston and UCF leaving for the Big 12, earning a Group of 5 spot in a potential expanded College Football Playoff should be easier moving forward. For a big fish in a smaller pond, there may be no need to change conferences within the G5.

Meanwhile, for Air Force and Colorado State, travel east would be a bit easier than for Boise State and San Diego State, and the Mountain West already requires plane travel to most other schools for them. The flip side of the Memphis question: There’s a concern about the MWC’s value if Boise State receives a future Big 12 invitation, and there’s a feeling of needing to get ahead of that move. And again, the value of an AAC that adds these schools is up for debate. As a service academy, Air Force has a national fan base, and adding the Mountain time zone could add more broadcast windows for the AAC, in hopes of offsetting the loss of three major teams.

Sources outside the AAC and MWC are skeptical there will be much, if any, financial gain in leaving the MWC for the AAC, at least in the short term. But these aren’t short-term moves, and moods around conference movement can change by the day.

Go Gophers!!

Believe it or not, UA Birmingham makes a lot of sense for them. New football stadium, new practice facilities in last few years, solid research (UA's medical school and campus), and major college football market.

Some thing Rice, for somewhat similar reasons, would be a good replacement for Houston. Less sure on that one though.

If Mountain West does lose schools, some thinking that it could be a generational chance for Dakota (State), and Montana schools to make the move up.

Top Bottom