Conference Realignment Updates

Already in the Conference realignment thread...mods can you move?

A bit of a gut punch for a WYO grad/fan. It may be time for a call-up of the Montana and Dakota teams and make the best of it. In this new, weird, stupid, greedy, shitty era of college sports, maybe that's as good as it gets for this mid-level group.
Idaho as well?

yup. they have to get to 8 by 2026. the 4 new teams (and any others that join them) will not become part of the new conference until 2026.
Two trains of thought from the Montanas and xDSUs: 1. Stay put with uncertainties of paying players, etc (how much will it cost to run an athletic dept) and what a MWC TV deal looks like without the top 4 (possibly 6); 2. Everyone seems to think there will be an avulsion in FBS, with P4ish breaking off and playing by it's own rules, leaving the G5/6/7 as a refactoring second tier and it would be better to be on the inside when that happens and be a part of that second tier, rather than on the outside looking in from the new third tier of FCS.

A bit of a gut punch for a WYO grad/fan.
Yes, it is. I’ve always had a soft spot in my heart for Wyoming, Air Force and Hawaii going back to the WAC days in the 1980’s. Especially loved watching Hawaii run that triple option back then until about 2-3am. This may kill that program.

I would say Idaho isn’t as deserving to move up, but given the beating they just gave WYO, why not!?
Idaho isn't too many years removed from FBS. Unless there is a healthy media contract attached, it makes zero sense for the top FCS programs to consider a move to MWC.

Idaho isn't too many years removed from FBS. Unless there is a healthy media contract attached, it makes zero sense for the top FCS programs to consider a move to MWC.
Idaho just dropped down. I don't see them moving back so soon.

right now it's a lot of speculation and rumor.

I saw someone on Twitter claiming that the 6-PAC wants to add teams in the Central and Eastern time zones to create more TV windows. who the bleep knows? If nothing else, it's going to keep the bloggers and YouTube shows busy for a while. the gang at 'The Monty Show' will be going nuts.

I saw someone on Twitter claiming that the 6-PAC wants to add teams in the Central and Eastern time zones to create more TV windows. who the bleep knows? If nothing else, it's going to keep the bloggers and YouTube shows busy for a while. the gang at 'The Monty Show' will be going nuts.
Uconn then in the East.

Any chance UNLV gets added to the PAC? They have been playing pretty good football this year and last year.
Can’t remember which college football insider it was, but I heard one of them on ESPN say that UNLV would be a great addition, but that state politics would likely require them and Nevada to go as a pair and that would likely complicate the issue for the PAC-12. They are unlikely to want Nevada.

Sorry I can't remember the name, but Dan Patrick had a guest that indicated Memphis as well as either UTSA or North Texas would be the top targets.

Didn't rule out Central Florida or South Florida either. If all those fail then they would look at the best of the rest of Mtn West.

Sorry I can't remember the name, but Dan Patrick had a guest that indicated Memphis as well as either UTSA or North Texas would be the top targets.

Didn't rule out Central Florida or South Florida either. If all those fail then they would look at the best of the rest of Mtn West.
It was Ross Dellinger from Yahoo Sports. Tulane was also another candidate.

Top Bottom