Conference Championship Weekend Thread

Obviously the Gophers missed a couple opportunities this year.....but how about Baylor? They win this game.....and it's going to be a 30-28 loss to a bad TCU team that will keep them out of the CFP. That's a tough pill to swallow.

I think if Alabama gets their doors blown off.....

IF Alabama loses respectively, what I'm afraid is that they won't drop them more than 1 spot & still get in. Purely on reputation; they are NOT in the same league as past Alabama teams.....
2-loss non-champion, though?? That's tough ...

Obviously the Gophers missed a couple opportunities this year.....but how about Baylor? They win this game.....and it's going to be a 30-28 loss to a bad TCU team that will keep them out of the CFP. That's a tough pill to swallow.
Jerry Kill's debut as the TCU head coach.

baylor looks like they're going to dare Sanders to beat them, and he's looking like he's going to hand them the game instead.

Was that Kill's first game taking over for Patterson?

Aranda has them swarming today. He's got a good thing going down there.

Edit: GoForGold answered my question.

How about how dumb the big 12 is for designing a schedule where their best two teams play twice. Ensuring at least 2 losses between the two of them.
Baylor loses and they get 2 in New Years 6 instead of 3.
ok state loses and the conference misses the playoff.

Divisions > round robin plus top two in championship

I don't think a loss at home - to what will end up being a Top 10 team - is causing too much consternation. The OSU game was not a stain on our season at all.
I was quite pleased with how competitive we were, for the first game in the season with a lot of question marks.

It's really just the BG and Illinois losses, that were disappointing.

If we would've finished up 10-2, only loses to Ohio St and Iowa, would've been co-West winners again but not in the title game again, but would have the Axe .... I think 2021 would've ended up better than 2019!

There could be 1-2 openings in the CFP Top 25 after this weekend, and I have to think Minnesota, Purdue, and wisconsin are all in the 26-30 range right now.
I get the feeling MN isn’t that close. Them dropping WI from 14th to unranked says to me they don’t think very highly of MN.

I get the feeling MN isn’t that close. Them dropping WI from 14th to unranked says to me they don’t think very highly of MN.
Plus, who is going to lose yesterday/today that will drop completely out of the rankings?

Probably just move down some spots, but not completely open new spots in the top 25.

They’re very close in the AP which is what I personally think matters more after bowl season.

If Oklahoma St loses I could see Alabama getting in over ND if Bama plays Georgia close. It would be ridiculous but I can see it happening.
If it was two close losses to the #1 team in the country ... I could see it.

I don't know though.

I was quite pleased with how competitive we were, for the first game in the season with a lot of question marks.

It's really just the BG and Illinois losses, that were disappointing.

If we would've finished up 10-2, only loses to Ohio St and Iowa, would've been co-West winners again but not in the title game again, but would have the Axe .... I think 2021 would've ended up better than 2019!
Same here. I thought they played well against OSU. I would definitely take your scenario. And then kick some SEC team's ass in a bowl...........again.

Okla St seems to be laying an egg here. So much for them sneaking into the CFP over Cincy.

Still a lot of game to play though.

Louisiana and Houston probably drop out if they lose.
Ah, yeah

Still ... CFP committee's job is really just to determine the top 12 (for the NY6). Lot easier for them to just move the rest around a bit. Hand-waive-y as it is

That was a man's play on the run.

Anyone keeping an eye on MAC champ game?

For whatever reason, I like Kent State's coach - former Badger player who came up under Dino Babers. But NIU coach was former Gopher asst. here under Brewster/Kill I believe?

Wisconsin was the highest ranked three loss team last week. Overrated....probably due to their seven game win streak. I'm guessing that the committee realized that. Still only two 8-4 teams ranked now. TAMU has their win over Alabama. Arkansas has a win over TAMU and a few other impressive wins. I agree that the committee probably dinged Wisconsin quite a bit for the loss to the Gophers.....but we really made them look pedestrian.

That guy is still there! 17th season at Okla State

That was back in 2007!

Wow I feel old.

I think they’re close, but they couldn’t decide what order to put Minnesota, Purdue, and wisconsin and decided to keep them all out. Texas A&M was in a similar situation to the badgers except they lost to a worse team (LSU) and only dropped from 15 to 25. It’s surprising the badgers dropped from 14 to unranked after a road loss to a decent team.

Okla St seems to be laying an egg here. So much for them sneaking into the CFP over Cincy.

Still a lot of game to play though.

OK State and Cincy were both going to make it if they won their championships. Unless Alabama found a way to win.

Top Bottom