Conference Championship Weekend Thread

Also....lol at USC/California after all the championship games wrap up.
I'm thinking the same thing. That was the first game my eyes actually focused on (for some drunk reason reading from bottom to top) and my thought was "This is the PAC championship?" Then I saw the others.

I have a question....

what if....

Baylor beats Oklahoma State
Houston Beats Cincinnati
Georgia beats Alabama handily
Michigan beats up Iowa....

Does tOSU still have a shot at getting in the playoff ahead of Notre Dame or along with them?

Georgia
Michigan
tOSU
Notre Dame

Sounds crazy but I honestly think they are one of the best four teams in college football.

I have a question....

what if....

Baylor beats Oklahoma State
Houston Beats Cincinnati
Georgia beats Alabama handily
Michigan beats up Iowa....

Does tOSU still have a shot at getting in the playoff ahead of Notre Dame or along with them?

Georgia
Michigan
tOSU
Notre Dame

Sounds crazy but I honestly think they are one of the best four teams in college football.
I think it's perfectly conceivable that if Bama, Cincy, and Okla State all lose, that they just slide ND and OSU up to #3 and #4.

Not sure if they'd switch them to avoid the possibility of OSU Mich as the national title game, as opposed to avoiding the rematch as a semi game.

Part of me wants Cincy to win, get into the CFP, and then get their ass kicked so we can stop this Group of 5 crap until we go to 12 teams.
Let's be honest, the odds are this year that anyone who goes up against Georgia in the playoffs is very likely to get their ass kicked. That team is insanely good.

I think it's perfectly conceivable that if Bama, Cincy, and Okla State all lose, that they just slide ND and OSU up to #3 and #4.

Not sure if they'd switch them to avoid the possibility of OSU Mich as the national title game, as opposed to avoiding the rematch as a semi game.
And it could be OSU/Michigan title game played in the heart of Big Ten country, Indianapolis.

Let's be honest, the odds are this year that anyone who goes up against Georgia in the playoffs is very likely to get their ass kicked. That team is insanely good.
Im not sure. Historically great defense. Offense is mediocre.

it a team can find a way to score 10 in the first half on them…they’ll have a chance. IF

I think if Alabama gets their doors blown off.....

IF Alabama loses respectively, what I'm afraid is that they won't drop them more than 1 spot & still get in. Purely on reputation; they are NOT in the same league as past Alabama teams.....

There has been chaos in the polls every week this year. I see no reason this week should be any different!

Dang. I get that WKU plays in the C-USA....but their QB, Zappe, has a 70% completion percentage, just a shade under 5,000 yards passing, and a 52-9 TD to INT split. That's pretty nuts.

My god. WKU already in the red zone again. In a game that's already seen two touchdowns in the first three minutes.

Glad I bet over 37.5 in the first half.

Wow. Utah continues to crush Oregon. Up 14 in the first quarter after a pick six. And how about the linebacker, Devin Lloyd, who made the play? Celebrated for a couple seconds.....and then immediately went to line up for the extra point. If I'm an NFL GM....that is major points. This guy is about playing, and winning games, rather than celebrating his individual accomplishments.

Turned one TV to the Wolves game when it was 42-14. Wolves game ended and I went back and was shocked.

Utah is for real! Really like this team. Huge improvement during the year

Utah now "shushing" crowds who aren't even making noise. College players are desperate to do whatever they can within the rules to taunt or mock opponents. Things I want to be un-sportsman like:

1. Shushing crowd
2. Finger wagging
3. Openly mocking opponents or their traditions during play.

These are all within the rules, so they all are trying to do them whenever they can. It's out of control.

Utah now "shushing" crowds who aren't even making noise. College players are desperate to do whatever they can within the rules to taunt or mock opponents. Things I want to be un-sportsman like:

1. Shushing crowd
2. Finger wagging
3. Openly mocking opponents or their traditions during play.

These are all within the rules, so they all are trying to do them whenever they can. It's out of control.
I used to agree with you, so I see where you're coming from.

Now, I think it's all just having fun. Those "taunts" bother me less than the choreographed NFL ones. The choreographed NFL celebrations mixed with and the segments of athletes showing up to the game in their outfits are well. . . they're something.

Big mistake by Ok State QB. Int sets Baylor up at the 11 yard line.

Okla State always seems to shit the bed at some point. This could be it.

Top Bottom