Conference Championship Weekend Thread

Michigan is our last best hope in the CFP. I think they have a chance versus Georgia (who should be bounced out). Alabama looked really good today.

But, that’s why they play the games. We just don’t know.

Powers that be will never let it happen, but want 1. Michigan 2. Bama 3. Georgia 4. Cinci.

F the SEC to get 2 teams in final.

Why is Klatt talking about avoiding a rematch and in the same breath putting GA at #3. That‘s nonsensical. Georgia should be OUT. We know they are not as good as Alabama. Period. What’s the point?

So Iowa is the best that the West can come up with? I know, we had our chance. Can’t imagine that the Gophers would have done worse!

So Iowa is the best that the West can come up with? I know, we had our chance. Can’t imagine that the Gophers would have done worse!
MN or WIS would have put up a better fight. I have no real doubt about that. Iowa is good but their offense is just putrid. We had to give them some real gifts to put up the points they did against us. Just a horrible offensive team.

We did worse.We lost to IOWA and did not get there, that is worse.
In that one game yes. But if we play Iowa like we did vs Wisconsin, it's a different game. We (and Wisconsin) may have fared better against Michigan.

Let’s see what Brian Ferentz has dialed up for this last drive

I hate iowa, but I also really, really hate harbaugh being happy.

Seeing Iowa get crushed...
ca16a327f5717b18f66ca183ec628ecbbd32c581.gifv

Checked an Iowa board. Man they hate BF. Not that I blame them, their offense this year was a joke.
Their QBs are so bad though...hard to do much with that.

I would put Bama 1, Geogia 2, Mich 3, Cincy 4.
I think it will end up 1. bama, 2. Mich, 3. GA, 4. Cinci
If it was up to me it would go 1. Mich, 2. Bama, 3. GA, 4. Cinci

Checked an Iowa board. Man they hate BF. Not that I blame them, their offense this year was a joke.
Found this nugget from an Iowa forum. Our record win against Iowa still stands.

Iowa’s biggest blowout losses while ranked:
1949 Minnesota 55-7
2021 Michigan 42-3
1989 Oregon 44-6
2004 Arizona State 44-7
1946 Notre Dame 41-6

The semi’s will likely be Bama/Cincy and MI/GA. The committee will avoid an all-SEC semi.

In that one game yes. But if we play Iowa like we did vs Wisconsin, it's a different game. We (and Wisconsin) may have fared better against Michigan.
Certainly possible. I just do not like taking away from the team that actually got that far.Especially since we lost to BG and Illinois.

Found this nugget from an Iowa forum. Our record win against Iowa still stands.

Iowa’s biggest blowout losses while ranked:
1949 Minnesota 55-7
2021 Michigan 42-3
1989 Oregon 44-6
2004 Arizona State 44-7
1946 Notre Dame 41-6
I knew they were going to get stomped. How embarrassing for the B1G West.

Certainly possible. I just do not like taking away from the team that actually got that far.
I don't think anyone was taking away from them. Iowa earned the right to be there. It just turns out that 3 other big ten west teams may have fared better in that matchup.

Alabama
Michigan
Cincinnati
Baylor

We know Ohio State, Georgia, Notre Dame have already lost to teams on this list and by default are not championship teams. I haven’t seen Baylor or Cincinnati play, nor have they already convincingly lost head to head to any of these teams, as OSU, GA, and ND have.

Do the games mean anything, anymore?

Top Bottom