College Basketball Transfer Portal Thread - 2024

losing half your team to BIGGER $$$$ has zero to do with a coach. Hell, I'll play for you for 500K
That doesn't change the point nor does it really help you claim. I think money is the biggest factor but if the coach cant coach that will catch up sooner or later. (and if a coach is any good he will be able to find a way to succeed with diamonds in the rough though to a much lower level obviously) If money is 90% then no team with money should ever lose a valuable player and should always dominate. Basic logic.

The problem is we don't know how much money any of these teams have and we have no credible information how much most of them are making. I highly doubt players transfer to Akron for the big money. Other things factor in, you are just so angry about it right now you can't see it. Makes total sense.

That doesn't change the point nor does it really help you claim. I think money is the biggest factor but if the coach cant coach that will catch up sooner or later. (and if a coach is any good he will be able to find a way to succeed with diamonds in the rough though to a much lower level obviously) If money is 90% then no team with money should ever lose a valuable player and should always dominate. Basic logic.

The problem is we don't know how much money any of these teams have and we have no credible information how much most of them are making. I highly doubt players transfer to Akron for the big money. Other things factor in, you are just so angry about it right now you can't see it. Makes total sense.
$$ is part of it. More than 50%. Less than 90%. But Ben is also part of the $$ problem. No we don't have any super rich folks waiting to give Gopher basketball $10 million. But the ones who do have $$ aren't inspired to do so for an uninspiring, inexperienced coach with a 15-44 record. There's a lot of chicken and egg discussion missing. PJ whined about NIL $$ too. But he also went out and did something about it.

At what point do we let go of all the coaches, use their salaries for NIL, and let Fox and Garcia be player coaches. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

At what point do we let go of all the coaches, use their salaries for NIL, and let Fox and Garcia be player coaches. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Worth a shot. I don't know if Fox can coach, but I'd be wiling to bet he'd do a better job raising $$.

I agree with you for the most part, but you can't win on a high level without the top players and that takes $$$ now. I hope it changes but right now it's UGLY!

Because the 8% still matters

If coaching was only 8% then Michigan, Ohio St, Indiana, and Michigan St would have been the top 4 Big 10 teams last year. Louisville would have been a top seed in the NCAA tournament. Miami and Arkansas wouldn't have missed the NCAA tournament. Kentucky would win it every year. And the list goes on and on.

But none of that happens because coaching and recruiting the right players still matters above all else.

Very curious where Carrington ends up. He may have to go the mid-major route to prove himself enough to get another shot at a high major.

Keinys might be one of those guys where there just won't be (m)any takers. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes back home.
The untold stories, those who go to the portal and never resurface. Sounds like a show for ID Discovery

There was mutual interest but I am not sure if UST is looking to add a second player I would think it’s possible…

UST really liked Barnstable because they get him for two years. Good shooter Frosh year 16ppg 49fg%/43% from three.. soph year 16/46/36… played on a good team in a good conference

There was mutual interest but I am not sure if UST is looking to add a second player I would think it’s possible…

UST really liked Barnstable because they get him for two years. Good shooter Frosh year 16ppg 49fg%/43% from three.. soph year 16/46/36… played on a good team in a good conference
Do you think there’s any chance UST might redshirt any of their soon-to-be juniors for the 2025-26 season (i.e. Kendall Blue, Barnstable) so that they get one crack at the NCAA tourney? I would think a guy like Blue might be interested in that.

Yea no clue.. not sure how the scholarship availability would work out if juniors to be redshirted if that would screw things up..they have red shirted at least one each year… even a couple walk ons..

Very curious where Carrington ends up. He may have to go the mid-major route to prove himself enough to get another shot at a high major.

Keinys might be one of those guys where there just won't be (m)any takers. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes back home.

Carrington may have to go to a low D1 team, like some of the ones we played in nonconference this season. Interestingly, Carrington didn't perform particularly well against those teams with the exception of Bethune-Cookman in the opener.

Maybe Keinys will return home. I'm not sure why so many freshmen who have shown nothing in their first year hit the portal unless they are being told they are unlikely to ever play much if they stay. I can understand why freshmen who were well rated coming from high school hit the portal because they still have something in their backgrounds to attract interest.

Carrington may have to go to a low D1 team, like some of the ones we played in nonconference this season. Interestingly, Carrington didn't perform particularly well against those teams with the exception of Bethune-Cookman in the opener.

Maybe Keinys will return home. I'm not sure why so many freshmen who have shown nothing in their first year hit the portal unless they are being told they are unlikely to ever play much if they stay. I can understand why freshmen who were well rated coming from high school hit the portal because they still have something in their backgrounds to attract interest.
I think they are forced out. Not wasting time and money on a player who will never contribute.

We really don't know about Keinys. He may have seen there was no way toward being in the playing rotation. And for all that we know, he could jsut be homesick......

Top Bottom