College Basketball Transfer Portal Thread - 2024

TwistingMyMelon

Reaction score
Transfers are starting to trickle into the portal now that many teams' seasons have concluded so I don't think it's too early to post about notable transfers.

This guy (Peter Filipovity) just hit the portal. He will be a 5th year player (played three seasons for Maine and one for a junior college). He was pretty good for Maine this season (14.6 pts per game, 7.6 rbs per game, 56.2 % FG %, 75.4% FT%, 25.6 PER, .208 Win Shares per 40 minutes). He's a 6'7" forward from Hungary. He did pretty well when Maine played us (16 points, 13 rebounds, and 4-4 from the line) so I noticed him then.

Peter Filipovity

Transfers are starting to trickle into the portal now that many teams' seasons have concluded so I don't think it's too early to post about notable transfers.

This guy (Peter Filipovity) just hit the portal. He will be a 5th year player (played three seasons for Maine and one for a junior college). He was pretty good for Maine this season (14.6 pts per game, 7.6 rbs per game, 56.2 % FG %, 75.4% FT%, 25.6 PER, .208 Win Shares per 40 minutes). He's a 6'7" forward from Hungary. He did pretty well when Maine played us (16 points, 13 rebounds, and 4-4 from the line) so I noticed him then.

Peter Filipovity
Thanks for starting the thread

There is another transfer from Pepperdine in the portal:

Jevon Porter

He is a 6'11" soph forward and he would have played with Mitchell as a freshman. He might be a bit less impressive than Ajayi but he's a year younger and was pretty well regarded coming from high school. He is a midwesterner (well, sort of, Missouri) and is the younger brother of NBA player Michael Porter. It might be nice to have two younger brothers of NBA players on the team. He's actually from the home of U of Missouri (Columbia). Given the year Missouri just had, we might have a chance. Hopefully, we can get two portal players anyway but it would be favorable for at least one to be an underclassman given the anticipated losses after next season.

This guy (a soph shooting guard) hit the portal recently. He's transferring from Western Carolina.

DJ Campbell

Good shooter (56% from 2, 41% from 3, 73% from FT line). Good size (6'2" 205 lbs). Averaged 11.6 pts per game.

I'd say our most pressing need for next season is quality front court players to provide relief for Garcia and Payne (assuming both return). This 6'8" soph forward from Missouri State (Illinois native) is a rebounding machine (averages 14.4 per 40 minutes). He also averaged 2.9 blocks per 40 minutes. Despite averaging just under 22 minutes per game, he was 4th in the MO Valley for rebounds per game , #1 in offensive rebounds, and #1 in total rebound percentage. He was also 2nd in the conference in blocks per game.

N.J. Benson

EDIT: It appears we can be in the NIT and still contact people in the portal after all!!

Watched their tournament game against ULM. He went crazy. His size would concern me given he's only 6'2ish. Would be a really solid addition.

CBJ just needs to make sure he is developing that next year 10,11,12 guys are able to contribute in Big Ten play if needed. Not saying has to play 10,11,12 players each game, but there is no reason you can't have a roster of 10,11, or even 12 who are ready to contribute in big games if and when needed.

Top Bottom