College Basketball 2021-2022 Thread

Does the portal start loading up as these teams fall by the wayside?

Good question. I suppose so but, as we learned at the end of football season, one can enter the transfer portal and still keep playing for his current team. Some football players who played in their bowl games had been in the transfer portal at the time.

There is a starting point guard for Lafayette (Stephens' old team) who entered the portal months ago but continued playing for his current team. He's a 4th year player though. Maybe Lafayette is like the Ivy League schools and won't give more than 4 years of a scholarship. I suspect that you can talk to players who enter the transfer portal even if they're still playing for their current teams.

I think the transfer portal will be bigger than it was a few years ago but won't have nearly the number of players as last year.

Love your new Travis Bickle screen photo by the way.

I think the transfer portal will be bigger than it was a few years ago but won't have nearly the number of players as last year.
Think my hopes are getting a little too high with all the mentioning of the Carolina player that left.

Interested in the MVC tourney. Was a very tight conference at the top.
1 seed, Northern Iowa vs TBD
Same with 2 seed Missouri State.
3 seed Drake draws Southern Illinois and 4 seed Loyola gets Bradley.
Drake just finished off the regular season at home against SIU and won 62-60. Now will have to do it again on Friday. Loyola lost to Bradley in their last meeting. Should be a couple of good games.

Also watching the Summit and South Dakota State.
Let’s go Drake!

TeamRankings site has some %'s on who has the best chance to win their conference tourney.
Power 6
ACC Duke 51.36%
Big 12 Baylor 32.95
Big East Villanova 35.52
Big Ten Purdue 30.47 Gophers .10
Pac-12 Arizona 51.99
SEC Kentucky 30.07

Summit South Dakota State 62.01

Big South Tournament bombshells! (Previously) Five win Charleston Southern beats UNC Asheville, a team that beat them by a combined 42 in their first two meetings this year......79-78 on a buzzer beating putback.
Does a team like Asheville have a snowball's chance in hell of getting an at-large?

My bad, the way stocker08 was talking about them was like Asheville was the #1 seed. I didn't check.

They finished 16-15 and were the #5 seed in a one-bid conference.

I was being flippant with my "bombshell" remark. I just had the game on in the background and was rooting for CSU because they were pretty terrible all year and had already gotten whooped by Asheville twice this year.

Lots of one bid conferences. Expand the field to 128, gives the Gophers a chance.

Where did this Joey Brunk come from?

At half time they were talking about Michigan State not quite having the 'talent' this year.
WTF!
Top 100 player 2018, top 55 2019, top 17 2021, top 62 2018, top 57 2018, top 70 2020, top 48 2021, top 34 2020, top 56 2021
9 players on the roster rated that high and they make excuses for Izzo.

Last edited:

Nothing like salt in the wound. Gotta love that the two teams playing the best right now in the Big Ten are Wisconsin and Iowa.

Top Bottom