College Basketball 2021-2022 Thread

New Mexico falls to a 7-8 record. Lost in OT to Utah State. Mashburn with 28 pts, 8 assists

You are doing good work, Ray’s fan.

Duke, Alabama, Colorado State, Iowa State, and Texas all fall to unranked opponents

Big Ten games today

Gophers, on the road, fall to Indiana
Northwestern @ Ohio State
wisconsin @ Maryland

Some stats

Gophers shooting .451 FG% on the season, which places them at #144 nationally and below 9 other teams in the Big Ten.
They are hitting 3's at a .341 clip, 165th overall and below 8 other Big Ten teams
309th in total rebounds. All Big Ten teams are ahead of them.
356th in offensive rebounds. Needless to say all Big Ten teams are ahead of them.
82nd in the nation in defensive rebounds. 6 Big Ten teams ahead of them.
238th in blocked shots. Only Penn Sate with less blocks.
277th in assists. 13th in the Big Ten, one more than wisconsin.
266th on steals. 7 Big Ten schools ahead of them.
6th best in the nation on turnovers. Only Big Ten school with less is Northwestern.

No minutes for Tre in the 78-76 Oregon State loss to Oregon last night. (Perhaps injured? Had 19 in the previous game.)
New Mexico @ UNLV tonight
Brandon Johnson and DePaul @ Marquette
Iona won today and is now 12-3

Ranked teams playing tonight
Texas Tech @ Baylor
Iowa State @ Kansas
Auburn @ Alabama

Watching Texas Tech-Baylor, TT can sure play D. Only down 2 in 2nd half. Saw the end of their win against Kansas this past weekend, they swarm and beat Kansas without two of their best players.

Watching Texas Tech-Baylor, TT can sure play D. Only down 2 in 2nd half. Saw the end of their win against Kansas this past weekend, they swarm and beat Kansas without two of their best players.
Texas Tech is tough and next year they pick up Jaylon Tyson xfer from Texas

Big 12 needs to figure something out with tv networks. Baylor has had a ranked weekend matchup on ESPNU. Now top 20 matchup Kansas/ISU stuck on ESPN+. Can hardly find a way to watch these games. Instead we get underwhelming SEC games on the featured channels.

Rough game for the Lobos last night. they were beaten 85-56 by UNLV
Mashburn with 11 points. New Mexico falls to 7-9

Auburn and Davidson with the longest winning streaks at 12
Davidson facing Richmond tonight on the road and the Spiders have beat the Wildcats three straight times.

Friday night and Nebraska showed up tough against Purdue. Only down 25-7 early.

Bummer, Dickinson not playing tonight in the Michigan vs Illinois match up. Was looking forward to seeing he and Cockburn go at it.

Yesterday the Davidson guard, Michael Jones, from Woodbury was on fire (I'm not familiar with him except for knowing he's on the Davidson team from watching them earlier this year. Listed as a Junior).
8 of 9 from 3 point range including the game winner with 3.3 seconds left.
Perhaps Gophers nab him next season on the free agent market? Can never have enough snipers.

Yesterday the Davidson guard, Michael Jones, from Woodbury was on fire (I'm not familiar with him except for knowing he's on the Davidson team from watching them earlier this year. Listed as a Junior).
8 of 9 from 3 point range including the game winner with 3.3 seconds left.
I saw Michael play several times in high school. He was one of the best outside shooters that I have ever seen. I was always hoping to see him in a Gopher uniform. Not sure what his recruitment process was but as far as I know the Gophers showed little interest at the time. Perhaps he will come home next year.

Top Bottom