College Basketball 2021-2022 Thread

Must be nice.

Yeah. Underwood held him out for the majority of the final ten minutes of the first half so he didn't pick up a third foul. Maryland took a 21-7 deficit and went into half with a lead. Cockburn played most of the second half and Illinois outscored Maryland 46-30. Without him....they are not a very good team.

Murray with 8 for Iowa and Davis with 8 for wisconsin. 20-19, wisconsin with the lead

Fran in his 12th year already

Cockburn got called on his second foul when Illinois was up 21-7 and sat for the majority of the first half.
He somehow didn’t get called for a single foul against the Gophers.

Wiscy is obliterating the Hawkeyes by 20 right now with about 7 and change to go.

Refs allowed him to drop his shoulder into the Gophers players.
The one time he committed two flagrant falls ended up getting a rebound bucket and a foul in the process, terrible officiating at times in the Illinois game

Tre Williams scoreless in his last 33 minutes of action (3 games)

Brandon Johnson has started every game and is second in minutes played for DePaul. 3rd in rebounds and points for them.

Mashburn leading the Lobos in minutes, scoring (18.3), hitting .324 on 3's

Freeman has started the last 2 games for Pacific and 6 of their 15 games. Has played in all of them.

Last edited:

Tre Williams scoreless in his last 33 minutes of action (3 games)

Brandon Johnson has started every game and is second in minutes played for DePaul. 3rd in rebounds and points for them.

Mashburn leading the Lobos in minutes, scoring (18.3), hitting .324 on 3's

Freeman has started the last 2 games for Pacific and 6 of their 15 games. Has played in all of them.
The thing about Freeman is that he has the physical tools, with COVID he's got two more years after this year I believe. He could end up pretty decent before he's done.

One to keep an eye on today, Colorado State @ San Diego State
Undefeated Rams will face the 9-3 Aztecs, who are unbeaten on their home court this year.
Losses for Dutcher's crew, (BYU, USC, Michigan)
Throw out a rough first season, Medved is 51-20
Dutcher is an impressive 105-34 since taking over

A couple others worth a look:
-Iowa State at OU, where Tanner Groves has fit in nicely
-Baylor visits an improved TCU

Looking ahead to tomorrow, Indiana (11-3) is undefeated at home and coming off a very good win over Ohio State. Trayce Jackson-Davis never gets in foul trouble (17 fouls in 14 games) and plays more minutes than any other player on the team. He's also 7th in the nation in blocked shots.
Trayce and Race handle most of the rebounding, 8.5 and 7.9 per game.
Hoosiers 3 losses are to Syracuse in 2 over times, Wisconsin and Penn State.

Edey to the bench with 3 fouls in the first half. 29-26 Purdue over Penn State 3 minutes left in the first half

64-62 Purdue over Penn State with about 4 minutes left. Penn State shooting 50% for the game.

Not really about the game itself.....but I just saw that VCU and La Salle were playing live on USA. Not sure I've ever seen them playing college basketball....or live sports at all.

One to keep an eye on today, Colorado State @ San Diego State
Undefeated Rams will face the 9-3 Aztecs, who are unbeaten on their home court this year.
Losses for Dutcher's crew, (BYU, USC, Michigan)
Throw out a rough first season, Medved is 51-20
Dutcher is an impressive 105-34 since taking over
San Diego St. 2.5 point favorites

Not really about the game itself.....but I just saw that VCU and La Salle were playing live on USA. Not sure I've ever seen them playing college basketball....or live sports at all.
They're playing all the sports that used to be on nbc sports

San Diego State having their way with Colorado State. 60-43 with a little over 7 minutes left.

Richard Pitino out tonight due to Covid protocols. Big matchup with Utah State.

I have to say.....South Dakota State is a fun team to watch. They play fast and have a lot of scorers.

I really feel bad for Gabe. The struggle continues for him. 4 points, 0/2 from 3 and fouled out tonight in a loss to Oklahoma.

I really feel bad for Gabe. The struggle continues for him. 4 points, 0/2 from 3 and fouled out tonight in a loss to Oklahoma.
Maybe Pitino should retroactively be named Coach of the Year for somehow coaxing a great season out of him in 2018-19.

Top Bottom