College Basketball 2021-2022 Thread

Spottedmuskie

Reaction score
Wow St. Thomas above .500 and took down Western Illinois at home. They are building something good quick. Thank the Lord we got rid of Pitino otherwise Tommies would be the better team 2-3 years

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
UST was a +3.5 home dawg to former Gopher assistant Rob Jeter’s Western Illinois team. UST dropped the hammer won by 23….
Tommies are fun to watch. Hard to believe what they’re doing one year removed from D3. And it’s basically the same roster. They know how to play ball, move it, and have a lot of guys that can shoot 3s.

Think about that for a minute. They just curb stomped a team that won at Nebraska. And now ORU and Max Abmas come to town Thursday.

Outsider

Reaction score
Tommies are fun to watch. Hard to believe what they’re doing one year removed from D3. And it’s basically the same roster. They know how to play ball, move it, and have a lot of guys that can shoot 3s.

Think about that for a minute. They just curb stomped a team that won at Nebraska. And now ORU and Max Abmas come to town Thursday.
I would argue there are a lot of really good basketball players in this country that never see the AAU circuit. So they aren’t on the services radar and go un-recruited by the big programs but their tapes end up in the hands of the small school coaches and they find kids who are good and fit their system and suddenly you have success.

dlnavra

Reaction score
I would argue there are a lot of really good basketball players in this country that never see the AAU circuit. So they aren’t on the services radar and go un-recruited by the big programs but their tapes end up in the hands of the small school coaches and they find kids who are good and fit their system and suddenly you have success.
Ryan Hawkins immediately comes to mind. He put up 18 yesterday for Creighton, and has been a consistent scorer after playing 4 years in mostly obscurity for NW Missouri State. He plays like he could fit in just about any system. Was a first team all-stater in Iowa, but apparently no one at D1 level wanted him.

builtbadgers

Reaction score
Good coaching goes really far. Everyone wants better players, you need them to consistently compete with the best programs but good coaching goes part of the way.

fan of Ray Williams

Reaction score
Big Ten games today

Michigan State @ Northwestern
Indiana @ Penn State
Ohio State @ Nebraska

stocker08

Reaction score
WKU imploded yesterday. 10 point lead at Louisiana Tech with three minutes remaining and they get called for a tech. Still up 6 with 48 seconds.....allow a quick three.....miss two free throws and the let LTU hit another three to tie. Hit one of two on the next trip while LTU hits both with five seconds remaining. Bummer.

skyman31

Reaction score
Also, watching this Purdue-Wisconsin game - I have no idea how we’re gonna guard trevion Williams and Zach Edey for 40 minutes, especially if they are ever on the court at the same time.

jblass

Reaction score
Don’t you just love watching Minnesota kids play for for Wisconsin!

jblass

Reaction score
Looks like Wisconsin is is going to pull the upset.

Cayman

Reaction score
Johnny Davis scored 37 points, including a couple of big back to back jump shots in the last couple minutes. Purdue also threw a full court pass to Edey waiting under the basket for a dunk in a possession that I think took less than 2 seconds of game time.

Purdue now 1-2 in conference.

skyman31

Reaction score
Johnny Davis scored 37 points, including a couple of big back to back jump shots in the last couple minutes. Purdue also threw a full court pass to Edey waiting under the basket for a dunk in a possession that I think took less than 2 seconds of game time.

That full court pass was ridiculous. Just seemed so easy.

bc2211

Reaction score
I didn’t even realize Davis had 33 until they said it was a new career high… but the guy is the real deal. What a gem from him tonight

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
The best player locally I can think of who never saw the AAU circuit is Nate Wolters. He played AAU but not for a shoe company. Dude still gets buckets in Europe for Belgrade. I really think he had a spot in the NBA if he doesn't break his hand in a summer league. Was solid for the Bucks for a spell, would have been a great bench guy long-term.

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score

First player to lead his team in Points, Rebounds, Assists, Steals and Blocks against a Top 5 team since...Tim Duncan. Or so I read on the Twitter

Spaulding!No!

Reaction score
A lot of those kids grew up wanting play for the gophs but Pitino.

bc2211

Reaction score
First player to lead his team in Points, Rebounds, Assists, Steals and Blocks against a Top 5 team since...Tim Duncan. Or so I read on the Twitter
If he keeps it up, he can be the first to do it over a whole season since…. Royce White???

Top Bottom