College Basketball 2021-2022 Thread

Johnny Davis scored 37 points, including a couple of big back to back jump shots in the last couple minutes. Purdue also threw a full court pass to Edey waiting under the basket for a dunk in a possession that I think took less than 2 seconds of game time.

Purdue now 1-2 in conference.
He should be in the first team all-american discussion

Johnny Davis scored 37 points, including a couple of big back to back jump shots in the last couple minutes. Purdue also threw a full court pass to Edey waiting under the basket for a dunk in a possession that I think took less than 2 seconds of game time.

Purdue now 1-2 in conference.

That kid is really good. Went on an absolute tear last night.

He should be in the first team all-american discussion

3pt percentage under 35 is not great. FG% at about 45 is nothing spectacular. 2.5 assists average is nothing special either.

But over seven rebounds per game for a shooting guard is quite impressive. Really....if he plays even close to as well as he did last night...he'll be in the conversation.

3pt percentage under 35 is not great. FG% at about 45 is nothing spectacular. 2.5 assists average is nothing special either.

But over seven rebounds per game for a shooting guard is quite impressive. Really....if he plays even close to as well as he did last night...he'll be in the conversation.
Are his numbers really that low? I thought I heard the announcers mention lottery pick for him last night, but those seem like more volume scorer sort of numbers. He’s not exceptionally big for a guard either is he? 6’4” or 6’5” or something?

Are his numbers really that low? I thought I heard the announcers mention lottery pick for him last night, but those seem like more volume scorer sort of numbers. He’s not exceptionally big for a guard either is he? 6’4” or 6’5” or something?

I heard a mention of a lottery pick too. He can certainly put up numbers....but he'll need to be more efficient to be an all American or a lottery pick.

I heard a mention of a lottery pick too. He can certainly put up numbers....but he'll need to be more efficient to be an all American or a lottery pick.
It's a lot harder to be efficient when you are 80% of a team's offense. He's the one required to take shots any time the shot clock is running down or when they really need a bucket, and that is going to have an impact on efficiency.

It's a lot harder to be efficient when you are 80% of a team's offense. He's the one required to take shots any time the shot clock is running down or when they really need a bucket, and that is going to have an impact on efficiency.

That is true. Anthony Edwards had worse FG and 3pt shooting percentages in a similar (entire offense) situation at Georgia. But Ant is also on a different level athletically.

It's funny how Big 12 football is notorious for all offense and no defense.....and Big 12 basketball is basically the exact opposite.

The #25 Texas Tech/#11 Iowa State game had 49 points in the first half. There's been 15 points scored through the first 12 minutes of the second half. :oops:

Article on Mid Majors "Top Ten"

Loyola (#1) and San Francisco (#6) hooking up today, with the Ramblers victorious. Played at a neutral site, Salt Lake City Community College.
Pitino's Iona squad getting some love at #10

Maryland leading Illinois at the half as well. Not many (any) easy games in the B1G.

Top Bottom