College Basketball 2021-2022 Thread

Carr and #7 Texas is taking on #23 Seton Hall. Pirates are a 1.5 point favorite.

This year is an exception. Go Longhorns.

How the heck did the Chicago State Cougars ever end up in the WAC? Such a strange fit. Has to be really expensive.

Wow. Purdue takes 68-67 lead with 3.4 seconds left.....and Ron Harper takes the ball down the court....throws up a prayer....and makes it.

Holy smokes.

That was such a fun game to watch. Haven't yelled that loud since Purdue vs Virginia in the tourney

Carr and #7 Texas is taking on #23 Seton Hall. Pirates are a 1.5 point favorite.

This year is an exception. Go Longhorns.
I watched this one, while also trying to keep up with Purdue-Rutgers, and the beg. of Vikings. One observation is how differently Carr plays this year (at least in this game). He did take one in the lane with a minute or so left and had it blocked, but by and large, played role of distributor. It's a good Longhorns team no matter the loss, and Seton Hall looked good getting the win. Another example of fact there are maybe more solid teams than ever. Impact of portal (essentially free agency).

Watching Iowa and Iowa State. Gabe still having trouble with wide open three’s.

Gabe is 2-10 of and Iowa state is still up 12 at the half against iowa. He just cannot shoot at all, his defense looks really good though

True, but the Cyclones really play stifling defense.
Murray scoreless at the half?!
Gabe's shot percentage understood, he's a solid player and pretty tough to argue he's had a positive impact on Iowa State's turnaround along with Brockington. Hard to find a guy who who can/will defend and can still generate some offense.

Iowa... yikes. Izaiah Brockington carrying the Cyclones on his back

Very impressed with what Otzelberger has done. I wasn't sure about him. Nagy built SDSU and he was meh and UNLV.

Set the Vikings game to record and went to Ames to catch the Iowa State - Iowa game. The Hawkeyes were gutted like a fish. Gabe Kalscheur was the same old Gabe - solid defense, absolutely dismal offense (3-15, 0-5). But the Cyclones have something going with their tenacious half-court pressure defense.

Keegan Murray for Iowa is uber-athletic. He didn't have a great game tonight, but I can see why he's projected as a possible first round pick. His twin brother Kris is good too. The Rebraca kid who considered transferring to Minnesota showed nice things. Iowa is really long, and their 3/4 zone press causes trouble. They just couldn't shoot to save their life. The crowd was yelling profanities at Jordan Bohannon all game long, and he blew a few kisses toward the student section.

I also sat about 10 yards away from Eli King of Caledonia.

Top Bottom