College Basketball 2021-2022 Thread

Nebrasketball tried really hard to blow that by having a 65% free throw shooter hold the ball for the one and one. Silly.

To be fair though,

Did they have many great options?? Both McGowens and Verge were gone ha

Nebrasketball tried really hard to blow that by having a 65% free throw shooter hold the ball for the one and one. Silly.
You mean on the press break where they were trapped and he dribbled off 8 seconds?

You mean on the press break where they were trapped and he dribbled off 8 seconds?

The eight seconds off the clock are far less important than putting a guy at the line who can make the free throw.

I turned off the Huskers game to watch Loyola Drake game. How the hell did Nebraksa comeback against the refs?!

The eight seconds off the clock are far less important than putting a guy at the line who can make the free throw.
I’d have to see who was on the court but guessing he is one of their better free throw shooters which is why he was on the court. Putting someone that’s a 71% shooter isn’t exactly inspiring.

Edit: he was the worst shooter on the floor for them but their 5th best eligible player to be on the line. Three other guys are under 72% but above 65%, so again, minimal difference.

Maybe the Dukes and Skunks can get together for a pity party. After coach K’s debacle at the post-game podium yesterday, it’s clear more tears are in order.

I turned off the Huskers game to watch Loyola Drake game. How the hell did Nebraksa comeback against the refs?!
My thoughts exactly. Didn't watch the game, but read a lot of ref bashing. I figured it would be the same old wisconsin "not deserve the win but get it anyway."

Wisconsin without Johnny Davis wouldnt win the Summit league is one reason.

Gard playing stall ball in the final 4 minutes is the other.

I’d have to see who was on the court but guessing he is one of their better free throw shooters which is why he was on the court. Putting someone that’s a 71% shooter isn’t exactly inspiring.

Edit: he was the worst shooter on the floor for them but their 5th best eligible player to be on the line. Three other guys are under 72% but above 65%, so again, minimal difference.

In that position....you 100% want someone with a better percentage than 65 going to the line. Getting the ball in someone else's hands should have been priority after crossing mid court....imo.

In that position....you 100% want someone with a better percentage than 65 going to the line. Getting the ball in someone else's hands should have been priority after crossing mid court....imo.
What I’m saying is there wasn’t a ton of better options. Their top 2 guys were out of the game. The next best guy was on the wrong side of half court.

Wisconsin without Johnny Davis wouldnt win the Summit league is one reason.

Gard playing stall ball in the final 4 minutes is the other.
When Davis went down, Badgers went on a 16-4 run or something (granted it was greatly aided by the refs). I saw that they couldn't sscore in the last 5 minutes of the game.

you just HATE to see that!

What I’m saying is there wasn’t a ton of better options. Their top 2 guys were out of the game. The next best guy was on the wrong side of half court.

It ended up working out. But if Hepburn makes his shot....the question at the end is....why did Wilcher have the ball at the end there. 65% FT shooter is not a very good option and it could have bit them in the ass considering he DID end up missing the front end.

It ended up working out. But if Hepburn makes his shot....the question at the end is....why did Wilcher have the ball at the end there. 65% FT shooter is not a very good option and it could have bit them in the ass considering he DID end up missing the front end.
Other than Tomanga, Huskers didn't have many options. They are a poor FT shooting team. And the ones who do shoot it well, were either out with injury (McGowens), or fouled out (Verge). Derrick Walker at 70% maybe only other option.

"The officials knew my thoughts, and knew them actually before it happened on some other things that I saw. I'll leave it at that and I'll watch the replay and I'll make the necessary phone calls," Gard said.
Man, he is such a pompous ass. Of course he could pleasantly say "hello" to me and I would declare the same thing.

Other than Tomanga, Huskers didn't have many options. They are a poor FT shooting team. And the ones who do shoot it well, were either out with injury (McGowens), or fouled out (Verge). Derrick Walker at 70% maybe only other option.

Tomanga over 80%. Mayen and Walker both over 70%. All I am saying that is if the Gophers were in that situation....and the worst free throw shooter on the floor held the ball....I'd have concerns about that.

"The officials knew my thoughts, and knew them actually before it happened on some other things that I saw. I'll leave it at that and I'll watch the replay and I'll make the necessary phone calls," Gard said.
Man, he is such a pompous ass. Of course he could pleasantly say "hello" to me and I would declare the same thing.

Make the necessary phone calls? What is Gard referring to?

He’s starting to make Bo Ryan look likable.

Top Bottom