College Basketball 2021-2022 Thread

Mn could have hired Bennett or Bo Ryan or Gard or Few but we stink at everything regarding the hardwoods.
There were coaches the caliber of those guys available this past off season. We can only hope that Ben turns out to be an improvement over the previous three we hired.

#14 Gophers road to the tournament final looks like this:
Penn State -> Ohio State -> Purdue -> Wisconsin/Maryland/MSU

Mn could have hired Bennett or Bo Ryan or Gard or Few but we stink at everything regarding the hardwoods.
No thanks, I don't want Gard. He just lost to Nebraska at home when they could have won the B1G, Talk about a choke. Even Ben Johnson didn't lose to Nebraska at home without their star freshman.

I know it's low-major, but have to think the Summit League semi-final tonight in Sioux Falls between South Dakota and SDSU is going to be one of the highest attendance, highest energy, emotional battles of a low-major conference in the country.

6pm but only on ESPN+ if you have that, and are interested.

I know it's low-major, but have to think the Summit League semi-final tonight in Sioux Falls between South Dakota and SDSU is going to be one of the highest attendance, highest energy, emotional battles of a low-major conference in the country.

I am very excited for this, it should be a good one.

Very fun to go to in person. Not fair for other Summit teams having to play in front of that many usd and sdsu fans. That being said, go jacks

Todd Lee has that international team look. I always find it interesting how the players ended up there.

Oh wow. In the Southern Conference Championship.....Furman hits a layup with just under five seconds remaining in OT. Chattanooga player takes the ball down the court and throws up a prayer that goes in. Incredible finish.
Poor guy might have been injured in the dog pile.

Watching the replay. I think the refs could've called a technical on the Chattanooga coach for running onto the court before the ball went in.

Certainly could have. We've seen it happen other times. But one of the refs would have had to have been paying attention to it rather than the play. And they would have had to be QUICKLY willing to make a VERY bold call which would have decided which team goes to the NCAA Tournament. All in all....I think it would have been a rash move to punish the team on something like that.

this holmgren kid is pretty good. Anyone ever mention he is a little thin? Honestly think the Gophers should recruit a kid like him. He’d help defensively.

Lots of one bid conferences. Expand the field to 128, gives the Gophers a chance.
I actually wouldn’t mind 96 if they went two bids per conferences

win regular season and tourney title = auto bid to round of 64
Win just one = auto bid to round of 96
Regular season champ gets in even if they don’t win tourney. If they win tourney second place team gets in.

would move from 32 auto bids to 64
Would move from 36 at large bids to 32 but every multiple bid league has two auto bids instead of 1 so probably expands the at larges by a couple.

Can we get White Bear Lake native Rocky Kruser to wear Maroon and Gold next year?

Top Bottom