College Basketball 2021-2022 Thread

Matthew Ice II

Reaction score
Johnny Davis scored 37 points, including a couple of big back to back jump shots in the last couple minutes. Purdue also threw a full court pass to Edey waiting under the basket for a dunk in a possession that I think took less than 2 seconds of game time.

Purdue now 1-2 in conference.
He should be in the first team all-american discussion

stocker08

Reaction score
Johnny Davis scored 37 points, including a couple of big back to back jump shots in the last couple minutes. Purdue also threw a full court pass to Edey waiting under the basket for a dunk in a possession that I think took less than 2 seconds of game time.

Purdue now 1-2 in conference.

That kid is really good. Went on an absolute tear last night.

stocker08

Reaction score
He should be in the first team all-american discussion

3pt percentage under 35 is not great. FG% at about 45 is nothing spectacular. 2.5 assists average is nothing special either.

But over seven rebounds per game for a shooting guard is quite impressive. Really....if he plays even close to as well as he did last night...he'll be in the conversation.

Cayman

Reaction score
3pt percentage under 35 is not great. FG% at about 45 is nothing spectacular. 2.5 assists average is nothing special either.

But over seven rebounds per game for a shooting guard is quite impressive. Really....if he plays even close to as well as he did last night...he'll be in the conversation.
Are his numbers really that low? I thought I heard the announcers mention lottery pick for him last night, but those seem like more volume scorer sort of numbers. He’s not exceptionally big for a guard either is he? 6’4” or 6’5” or something?

stocker08

Reaction score
Are his numbers really that low? I thought I heard the announcers mention lottery pick for him last night, but those seem like more volume scorer sort of numbers. He’s not exceptionally big for a guard either is he? 6’4” or 6’5” or something?

I heard a mention of a lottery pick too. He can certainly put up numbers....but he'll need to be more efficient to be an all American or a lottery pick.

mnvballdad

Reaction score
I heard a mention of a lottery pick too. He can certainly put up numbers....but he'll need to be more efficient to be an all American or a lottery pick.
It's a lot harder to be efficient when you are 80% of a team's offense. He's the one required to take shots any time the shot clock is running down or when they really need a bucket, and that is going to have an impact on efficiency.

stocker08

Reaction score
It's a lot harder to be efficient when you are 80% of a team's offense. He's the one required to take shots any time the shot clock is running down or when they really need a bucket, and that is going to have an impact on efficiency.

That is true. Anthony Edwards had worse FG and 3pt shooting percentages in a similar (entire offense) situation at Georgia. But Ant is also on a different level athletically.

stocker08

Reaction score
It's funny how Big 12 football is notorious for all offense and no defense.....and Big 12 basketball is basically the exact opposite.

The #25 Texas Tech/#11 Iowa State game had 49 points in the first half. There's been 15 points scored through the first 12 minutes of the second half. :oops:

fan of Ray Williams

Reaction score
Article on Mid Majors "Top Ten"

Loyola (#1) and San Francisco (#6) hooking up today, with the Ramblers victorious. Played at a neutral site, Salt Lake City Community College.
Pitino's Iona squad getting some love at #10

Gold Vision

Reaction score
Maryland leading Illinois at the half as well. Not many (any) easy games in the B1G.

Top Bottom