Clark in the portal

The absolute best punt returners were probably one of the RBs (I could see Irving being terrific there), receivers (CAB or Jackson?) or D backs. With all the skill player injuries this year, it was probably wise not to go that route.
IMO, Running backs rarely make good punt returners. I think it's because they aren't used to tracking the ball in the air in the same way DBs and WRs are.

I wish Clark well - He definitely has talent and hope he finds somewhere with more opportunity to show what he’s got!

Well, one way to tell about Clark is to see what type of offers he receives. If he is getting offers from mid-major programs, that tells us one thing. On the other hand, if he is getting offers from G5 programs or even P5 programs, then that suggests that other people see more potential in him.

all depends on what he wants. does he want to go to an FCS school and start, or compete for the position at an FBS school?

On Fleck, I'm no mind-reader. But it certainly appears that once you are a starter, you don't lose your position until you are physically unable to play. Annexstad seems to be the exception to that. But - let's not forget, Morgan committed to Fleck when he was at WMU. Morgan flipped to MN to follow Fleck. there is a bond there that other coaches and QB's may not have. (cough, cough, Kirk Cousins, cough)

Imagine he goes to WI (a la Jared Moe, who's putting up some dang good numbers for a losing team)

I'm pretty sure I have Ryan Leaf beat!
Good lord, does he have his wealth tied up in van that he lives in down by the river?
Not directed at you or anyone else, but I wanted to point out to those who weren't aware that Ryan Leaf had (has?) a serious problem with addiction and had many run-ins with the law following his playing days. He's since gotten clean, started a family, and done his best to live a quiet life and use whatever platform he has left to share his story and help others with addiction problems. Pretty cool story.

Did Boyd definitely play more than 4 games?
Yes Sir he did, but played very sparingly after they burned his red shirt. He didn't see the field in the
last three games. I'll never understand why Fleck done that. Still scratching my head over that.

Annexstad in the portal
Yes Sir he did, but played very sparingly after they burned his red shirt. He didn't see the field in the
last three games. I'll never understand why Fleck done that. Still scratching my head over that.
It's almost has if Fleck makes a few bad decisions here and there.

I'm sure Fleck would have liked to redshirt him. Have to assume the injuries to CAB and DJ, and also DW missing time played into the situation though.

Top Bottom