Clark in the portal

We knew there would be a QB or two announcing after TM2 stays another year.

best of luck to the kid. seemed like he had some arm talent when we saw some of him but have to imagine it's using TM2 as a bridge to Athan next year

That's an interesting thought. If true I hope Athan gets a fair share of snaps next year.

May not be the last. This is the problem with one QB sticking around this long.
I don't think clark starts in 2023 even if he struck.

Might even see another QB leave

There it is. Now waiting for ZA to enter.

Now we know why PJ never sat TM2 after his bad stretch. TM2 must have told PJ he planned on returning and PJ rolled with him even after the Illinois and Iowa losses.

Wish Clark nothing but success in the future. Wish we gave him more opportunities but all the best to the young man.

Last edited:

Why? Annexstad would surprise me. Kramer is playing, Athan is a Freshman and SD kids will redshirt
Kramer may want bigger role. He won't get it here.

Kramer may want bigger role. He won't get it here.
It's possible. He could take the Streveler route possibly, although I'm not sure they have the same strengths. The Leveler is a different breed!

Why? Annexstad would surprise me. Kramer is playing, Athan is a Freshman and SD kids will redshirt
Because people love to assume the backup is better and is going to leave if he doesn't play because the head coach is too stubborn to give him a shot.

Clark transferring makes a ton of sense. he will probably have to drop down some to play right away. Best of luck to him.

Because people love to assume the backup is better and is going to leave if he doesn't play because the head coach is too stubborn to give him a shot.

Clark transferring makes a ton of sense. he will probably have to drop down some to play right away. Best of luck to him.

Assuming he didn't graduate, wouldn't he absolutely have to sit a season? I know players didn't have to sit out this year because of COVID, but isn't it back to the old rules going forward?

I was excited for Clark when came here but presently he was the 3rd or 4th string QB. Besides that, we have two other younger QB's either here or coming here who look more like the QB of the future than he does. To me it's just one less alternative that won't be here.

I don’t mind it. Of course if Clark goes on to be awesome it sucks, but it isn’t good to have too many scholarships tied up by QBs.

Bummer, have a feeling he’s a good QB but wasn’t given any playing time. Completely understand his decision and wish him success.

I was on the field after the game and noticed Annexstad just sitting on the bench while everyone else was out mingling with fans and celebrating.

Just soaking it all in or possibly contemplating what he wanted to do knowing Morgan made the decision to come back? Hope he stays

Only a problem if he's better than all of Annexstad, Kramer, Kaliakmanis and (eventually) Knuth. If he's not, it's unlikely to ever impact the outcome of a single game.

I just said this in another thread, but I hate seeing kids transfer. We all get invested in them and hope for the best for all of them, but I trust PJ to make a net gain out of the portal game each and every year. Guarantee they know well in advance about 95% of the Gophers who plan to transfer and they already have plans and feelers out to replacements where needed. Let's see how it all shakes out in the coming months before judngin too much.

it is. totally against tanner coming back. this is going to set us back . dont get me wrong love tanner, but time to move on.. now we are going to lose at least 2 young qbs. this will hurt. fleck also needs to get playing time for the young qbs thru out the year. major mistake the last 2 years fleck has given 0 minutes to anyone else.

Then I guess PJ isn't logical....Zack did beat out Tanner originally
Wally Pipp beat out Lou Gehrig at one time too. Sometimes you don't know what you have until the lights come on...then you figure out you were wrong.

Bottom line is none of us know what goes on at practice, in meetings, in film study, etc. We have no idea who the best players are. Coaches undoubtedly make mistakes, but I can tell you that in 95% of circumstances the best player is on the field at every position.

Top Bottom