Claeys will be on Mike Max 830 tonight at 7:10pm

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I need to work on Titles. Just read it back. I'm not saying Claeys is 830lbs. and on Mike Max

If I were coach Claey's I would be pretty guarded about what I say during the interview, or letting Mike Max lead me in a direction I did not want to go. He, coach Claeys probably needs a chance to vent, and to let some stuff out. For the future of his professional career and employment experience, I would highly recommend that coach Claey's let Max know, that there are just some things he cannot talk about.
Coach Claey's should spend some time promoting what they accomplished on the football field at Minnesota. At this point he needs to be a salesmen and think about where he might want to go next.

He should rebut, any of the claims that the fire petition folks have made against him. Like he ended his last tweet to the players, not changing anything, and looking for the next door to open. Thank you to the players and staff, in San Diego we did what nobody thought we could do.

Kill has a job.

Claeys might be a bit more careful.

Really though any team out there that needs an outstanding DC....

If I were coach Claey's I would be pretty guarded about what I say during the interview, or letting Mike Max lead me in a direction I did not want to go. He, coach Claeys probably needs a chance to vent, and to let some stuff out. For the future of his professional career and employment experience, I would highly recommend that coach Claey's let Max know, that there are just some things he cannot talk about.
Coach Claey's should spend some time promoting what they accomplished on the football field at Minnesota. At this point he needs to be a salesmen and think about where he might want to go next.
I'm thinking Tracy will be gracious. It would be a lot more fun if he burned some bridges.

I'm thinking Tracy will be gracious. It would be a lot more fun if he burned some bridges.
Hope he burns bridges. Would be more entertaining and would confirm this as a good decision to fire.

I think he will go high, unlike Kill.

Claeys needs to honestly lay things out on the table. Coyle implied that Claeys was not an upstanding and morally competent person. Claeys should have the opportunity to ensure that everyone knows the snakes in the grass are running our University.

I almost hope Claeys lands as a DC somewhere within the B1G so we can continually be reminded what a mistake it was to fire him.

In all seriousness, if he is looking for a DC job he's sitting pretty. Maybe not for this year but absolutely for next. With his buy out he doesn't have to work this year. Although now he is available other schools could easily fire their DC and hire Claeys. He should have some pretty attractive jobs to pick from.

Claeys needs to honestly lay things out on the table. Coyle implied that Claeys was not an upstanding and morally competent person. Claeys should have the opportunity to ensure that everyone knows the snakes in the grass are running our University.

I wouldn't expect Claeys to take any high road as he doesn't seem to have the maturity to do such a thing.

Has the boycott and investigation been handled appropriately? Absolutely not, but I like how Coyle is attempting to clean up the issues within the athletic department. Inmates have been running the asylum for far too long with issues surrounding the basketball team, football team, wrestling team, etc. Coyle is displaying the overall leadership this athletic department has been sorely missing. There's a new sheriff in town and if you're a coach who can't control your players with discipline, then Coyle is showing that you won't be a coach at this university for long.

It's nice to finally have someone who cares about the reputation of this fine university.

If I were coach Claey's I would be pretty guarded about what I say during the interview, or letting Mike Max lead me in a direction I did not want to go.

As if Mike Max ever led anyone in a direction. The guy is about as much of a softball interviewer as Sid.

I wouldn't expect Claeys to take any high road as he doesn't seem to have the maturity to do such a thing. I would expect him to take this further into the gutter. Did the University handle this 100% appropriately? Nope, but I have more faith in Coyle than I ever did in Claeys.

Really? When asked on sports huddle last week he stated that he didn't want to negotiate in public. He has never said an ill word publicly about anyone as far as I'm aware.

Whatever he says Claeys will tell the truth.

I wouldn't expect Claeys to take any high road as he doesn't seem to have the maturity to do such a thing.

Has the boycott and investigation been handled appropriately? Absolutely not, but I like how Coyle is attempting to clean up the issues within the athletic department. Inmates have been running the asylum for far too long with issues surrounding the basketball team, football team, wrestling team, etc. Coyle is displaying the overall leadership this athletic department has been sorely missing. There's a new sheriff in town and if you're a coach who can't control your players with discipline, then Coyle is showing that you won't be a coach at this university for long.

It's nice to finally have someone who cares about the reputation of this fine university.
Claeys has been the one mature person in this fiasco. You have attached yourself to snakes.

My how the country has faded. A coach gets called immature for supporting due process.

He should rebut, any of the claims that the fire petition folks have made against him. Like he ended his last tweet to the players, not changing anything, and looking for the next door to open. Thank you to the players and staff, in San Diego we did what nobody thought we could do.

It's not like Maxie is going to pull a Mike Wallace....clearly not known for probing, intelligent interview stylings.

Bump. For those interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Claeys is a good guy.
I had the same take away as he did. Coyle was a chump to bring up bogus issues as his excuse to fire Claeys. Recruiting organizations rated us too low? Coyle is an idiot.

Bump. Anyone listening?

I'm tuned in. He comes off as a classy guy, and you can tell why the players loved him. So far his main thing has been that he wished they didn't go into details (recruiting rankings/emails from fans/second half vs WI/etc) at the press conference. He has a point there. Understands that he was let go because the AD wants his own guy in there, and respects that the AD has a right to do that. Was a little bit wishy-washy when asked about the meeting where Coyle told him the players were suspended for the bowl game. Acknowledged that he did tell Coyle that he understood the decision to suspend the players. Said he did let Coyle know that some of the players would not be happy.

Bump. Anyone listening?

Basically he is calling BS on some of the reasons Coyle outlined in the presser last night. Is confident he was fired for tweet/boycott/Coyle wanting his own guy. Says he is OK with all that, just didn't appreciate the presser and implications MC said on how they did things. Similar to what Kill has said, only much more matter of fact.

Bump. Anyone listening?
Tracy is taking the high road for the most part. Got in a few good jabs at Coyle. Says he was told after NW he was good for next year, so Coyle listing everything before that (on field results, recruiting, attendance) is disingenuous. Good dig that the next coach should have an ironclad contract if the AD is basing decisions from fan emails.

Pre-recorded interview

If I learned one thing today it's that I've discovered why the U is such a train wreck.

The board of regents (or at least Dean Johnson) are absolutely clueless.

And also Coyle is a scumbag. We knew that before. But today confirms it.

Tracy is taking the high road for the most part. Got in a few good jabs at Coyle. Says he was told after NW he was good for next year, so Coyle listing everything before that (on field results, recruiting, attendance) is disingenuous. <b>Good dig that the next coach should have an ironclad contract if the AD is basing decisions from fan emails.</b>

Pre-recorded interview

That was a good one.

Listening to it now a few things stood out to me

- Claeys seemed to admit that Coyle did tell him about the suspensions prior to talking with the team, but I would have liked to hear more on this to clarify the situation.
-Claeys says he was told prior to the Northwestern game that he had handled the suspensions well and would have another year
-Claeys thought they made up their mind that they were going to win the Iowa game before they played it and that Iowa was more physical, took responsibility for that

Tracy is taking the high road for the most part. Got in a few good jabs at Coyle. Says he was told after NW he was good for next year, so Coyle listing everything before that (on field results, recruiting, attendance) is disingenuous. Good dig that the next coach should have an ironclad contract if the AD is basing decisions from fan emails.

Pre-recorded interview
That was a nice jab about fan emails. TC said 6 of his 8 losses were to Top 20 teams.

WCCO really knows how to stretch it out. More commercials than interview by a mile

I thought Coach came across as very genuine and humble and can't really help but agree with everything he had to say.
This gentleman was railroaded by a predetermined agenda (Coyle's), and PC pressure (misinterpreted tweet).

The administration is truly in a sad state.

I thought Coach came across as very genuine and humble and can't really help but agree with everything he had to say.
This gentleman was railroaded by a predetermined agenda, and PC pressure.

The administration is truly in a sad state.
This ^^^^^^^

Top Bottom