Claeys Does Himself No Favors On OTL

Billy M

Reaction score
Claeys was just on OTL and didn't do himself any favors. Jeez.

If there's one thing on the Watch ESPN app that they had is the chance to watch "Outside the Lines", Around the Horn" PTI, etc. on the replay channel of ESPN3. Some people work during those shows.

Saw part of it- didn't say anything wrong at the beginning. Considering Billy M showed up on 12/14 with a total of 5 posts my guess is he's a troll or a sock puppet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be a troll, could be telling the truth. I didn't see it but I will tell U this. When I told my wife that Clayes was fired she said she saw that coming. I asked why. She replied, "do u remember the night he was hired and the next few days how in is interviews I told u he talked too much??" I said yes. She said, "well there u go. He wanted to say too much all the time when he just should keep his mouth shut."

I guess she was right. He should have never got on Twitter. LOL

Tracy may be a good x's and o's coach but he is severely lacking when it comes to putting himself in a positive light. If the tweet wasn't enough he goes on OTL today and probably thinks he is going to be praised since Kill defended him yesterday, but instead looks uncomfortable and unprepared and gets grilled by the female anchor (not Bob Ley) and admits that he never read the report before the tweet. Pretty much exposes that he didn't take command of his own program and let someone else (Coyle-Kaler) fill the void he left by sitting on his hands. You would think on a day when the U of M is likely to announce something in regard to the new coach that Tracy going on OTL would be bad, but it only made them look better.

Tracy would be wise to take a long vacation where he disconnects from all technology.

I saw it in a bar while I was eating lunch. Claeys just repeated what he's said earlier in my opinion. Nothing new, but I think Claeys just didn't have the right tone or attitude during the interview.

Could be a troll, could be telling the truth. I didn't see it but I will tell U this. When I told my wife that Clayes was fired she said she saw that coming. I asked why. She replied, "do u remember the night he was hired and the next few days how in is interviews I told u he talked too much??" I said yes. She said, "well there u go. He wanted to say too much all the time when he just should keep his mouth shut."

I guess she was right. He should have never got on Twitter. LOL

Your wife talks too much!

If anyone wants to take a listen, link below. Never been a fan of him, and after listening, def doesn't change my opinion of him. He's just, not a head coach/ face of a program/franchise type of guy....

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=18414087

Listened..he was pretty good and very fair about the whole process. You must be seriously thin skinned and insecure to be negative about the interview.

Tracy may be a good x's and o's coach but he is severely lacking when it comes to putting himself in a positive light. If the tweet wasn't enough he goes on OTL today and probably thinks he is going to be praised since Kill defended him yesterday, but instead looks uncomfortable and unprepared and gets grilled by the female anchor (not Bob Ley) and admits that he never read the report before the tweet. Pretty much exposes that he didn't take command of his own program and let someone else (Coyle-Kaler) fill the void he left by sitting on his hands. You would think on a day when the U of M is likely to announce something in regard to the new coach that Tracy going on OTL would be bad, but it only made them look better.

Tracy would be wise to take a long vacation where he disconnects from all technology.

Really..interesting because I listened to it and he came off well. Ironically I turned on Dan B. on Kfan and they were talking about what he said and for the most part agreed with 90% of his talking points.

Listened..he was pretty good and very fair about the whole process. You must be seriously thin skinned and insecure to be negative about the interview.

Among other things, Mr. Claeys said this: "I've seen some of these from just in recruiting and looking at transfer kids -- that some of the things that are put on these transcripts when these kids go through these investigations, they have no chance. And there was never any type of criminal charges filed against them, and when schools get these and see what's on them in the admissions, they're really -- they're hampering these kids for life."

For anything like what Claeys describes to appear on a student's transcript, would it violate the Family Educational Rights And Privacy Act (FERPA)?

Really..interesting because I listened to it and he came off well. Ironically I turned on Dan B. on Kfan and they were talking about what he said and for the most part agreed with 90% of his talking points.

Yep to both of those.

Among other things, Mr. Claeys said this: "I've seen some of these from just in recruiting and looking at transfer kids -- that some of the things that are put on these transcripts when these kids go through these investigations, they have no chance. And there was never any type of criminal charges filed against them, and when schools get these and see what's on them in the admissions, they're really -- they're hampering these kids for life."

I'm not sure about this, but for anything like what Claeys describes to appear on a student's transcript, I think it would violate the Family Educational Rights And Privacy Act (FERPA). Frankly, I'd be very surprised if he has seen anything on a transcript like what he says he has seen.

Why would he lie about it.. he has no reason, especially on a national televised show. That's a ridiculous take.

For anything like what Claeys describes to appear on a student's transcript, would it violate the Family Educational Rights And Privacy Act (FERPA)?

It does not go on the transcript of the University of Minnesota. It has been discussed but not ever implemented as policy. Either that, or the Bursar's office lied to me.

No, it wouldn't if what happened was similar to what happened at the U. That's what makes this situation so terrible. If and when, any of the Ten want to transfer, what happened back in Sep. will be forever part of their transcript - unless a court determines otherwise. CT was absolutely correct in his interview. The EOAA has more power than any MSSP police investigation. Sad

It's almost certainly true. First of all Claey's does not violate FERPA. Whose privacy has he compromised? It's no different than the U saying, "Yes, we've kicked people out for Title IX violations."

Also, when a student is expelled after a Title IX investigation, their transcript often gets a notation alluding that the expulsion was due to a Title IX type violation. It's one of the biggest problems with the 'system'. It's basically a scarlet letter that generally precludes re-enrollment at another college. It's basically the whole reason due process similar to a criminal proceeding is warranted for such serious accusations. The college is doing more than expelling the student, they are giving them a punishment that follows them long after they've left the school. Seems like you'd wanna get that one right.

It's also powerfully ironic that this is a 'progressive' approach. We have liberal groups like the Innocence Project that basically go around and get new trials for people they feel are wrongfully convicted in a court where the burden of proof is 'beyond a reasonable doubt'. Even in a system with a high burden of proof, due process and checks and balances, they believe the wrong decision is often reached.

...But life changing sexual assault decisions made on a mere 'more likely than not' burden by non-legal professionals? We'll just assume they get all those right.

It's almost certainly true. First of all Claey's does not violate FERPA. Whose privacy has he compromised? It's no different than the U saying, "Yes, we've kicked people out for Title IX violations."

Also, when a student is expelled after a Title IX investigation, their transcript often gets a notation alluding that the expulsion was due to a Title IX type violation. It's one of the biggest problems with the 'system'. It's basically a scarlet letter that generally precludes re-enrollment at another college. It's basically the whole reason due process similar to a criminal proceeding is warranted for such serious accusations. The college is doing more than expelling the student, they are giving them a punishment that follows them long after they've left the school. Seems like you'd wanna get that one right.

It's also powerfully ironic that this is a 'progressive' approach. We have liberal groups like the Innocence Project that basically go around and get new trials for people they feel are wrongfully convicted in a court where the burden of proof is 'beyond a reasonable doubt'. Even in a system with a high burden of proof, due process and checks and balances, they believe the wrong decision is often reached.

...But life changing sexual assault decisions made on a mere 'more likely than not' burden by non-legal professionals? We'll just assume they get all those right.

Oh well it's just a couple n******....

It does not go on the transcript of the University of Minnesota. It has been discussed but not ever implemented as policy. Either that, or the Bursar's office lied to me.

Honest question; does it matter? All they have to do is goggle the players name. Anytime these players names are mentioned publicly, sexual assault allegations will accompany them. Regardless of point of view, every person on this board has background information on how we arrived here. That won't be the case for 99% of the folks who are casual fans or no fan and just reading the paper/article/blog.

In addition, most admission offices, coaches, hiring leaders, etc are not going to want to mess with that. 10 years from now when these young men are meeting significant others and their families; they will have to explain this. Add in the firing of a D1 head coach and staff in his first season with a 9-4 record and a bowl win; folks will be thinking they must have a GREAT reason to fire the coach right? The players must be guilty.... right?

To come full circle; real talk....if I'm interviewing candidates for a position and I google their name (I always google) and this comes up. If I have other candidates of similar (not better just close) interview results............

Um....what?!?

What you don't think stereotypes and prejudices are a constant undercurrent in how the WHITE adminstrators, the WHITE news reporters and the predominantly WHITE population looks at this and feels about this.

Sure everyone will deny it high and low. But the very fact that basically no one in your family or circle of friends family's "could" makes it a lot easier to look past and dismiss fairness and due process.

Same reason nobody cares when we drop bombs on some raghead.

By doing these interviews, Claeys hurting himself. It'll make the next AD more reluctant to hire him. To Brewster's credit, at least he left with some class. I don't ever remember Brewster saying anything negative about Minnesota.

Honest question; does it matter? All they have to do is goggle the players name. Anytime these players names are mentioned publicly, sexual assault allegations will accompany them. Regardless of point of view, every person on this board has background information on how we arrived here. That won't be the case for 99% of the folks who are casual fans or no fan and just reading the paper/article/blog.

In addition, most admission offices, coaches, hiring leaders, etc are not going to want to mess with that. 10 years from now when these young men are meeting significant others and their families; they will have to explain this. Add in the firing of a D1 head coach and staff in his first season with a 9-4 record and a bowl win; folks will be thinking they must have a GREAT reason to fire the coach right? The players must be guilty.... right?

To come full circle; real talk....if I'm interviewing candidates for a position and I google their name (I always google) and this comes up. If I have other candidates of similar (not better just close) interview results............

Sometimes, the evil men do live after them and the good is oft interred with their bones. -- Shakespear's Julius Caesar.

Top Bottom