Claeys Announces Changes To Staff - Limegrover & Zebrowski are gone per U

scher215

Reaction score
Gophers staff changes?

Per Ryan Burns-

@RyanBurnsMN
Wow. Hearing that there may be coaching staff changes for the #Gophers. Stay tuned.

Not sure why this would be a surprise. Most new head coaches, whether or not they were on the staff before, would make a change. Not to mention on a team that went 5-7 after the expectations we had, staff changes, albeit not wholesale, are necessary.

Not sure why this would be a surprise. Most new head coaches, whether or not they were on the staff before, would make a change. Not to mention on a team that went 5-7 after the expectations we had, staff changes, albeit not wholesale, are necessary.

Without knowing what the changes are, this is probably a good thing. If Claeys is going to be the head coach, then he needs to compile the staff that he is most comfortable with.

Sounds like Limey and Zebrowski will be let go. Wow, probably a good move but shocking.

I'm shocked. Claeys isn't messing around.

If true that Limey and Zeb are being let go, this is interesting for a number of reasons. One of the assumed reasons for making TC the HC was so the Kill regime would be retained. On the other hand some are complaining that TC is not asserting himself enough by making this his ream and point out, for example, TC telling the players that Kill is still the HC when he visits. It will be interesting to see who TC hires. I'm also curious to know if the U's policy to pay Kill's top assistants at least the average of other B1G coaches apply to TC's top assistants. Don't know if any of this is good or bad but certainly interesting if true.

Per Ryan Burns-

@RyanBurnsMN
Wow. Hearing that there may be coaching staff changes for the #Gophers. Stay tuned.

Good it is needed on offensive line and quarterbacks positions. We have needed a new quarterbacks coach for a couple years.
Seems like the graduate assistant did more of the QB coaching than the actual QB's coach in my opinion.

What's your source? Has anyone seen anything other than what Ryan Burns tweeted out?

Burns posted Limey and Zebrowski on the Scout board. His sources are usually very solid.

I wouldn't be surprised, if Limegrover is let go, I think that a full time Offensive Line coach is needed. I can also see Limegrover disagreeing with that.

Burns posted Limey and Zebrowski on the Scout board. His sources are usually very solid.
They should add the H-backs Tight ends coach to that list, if there getting rid of both the OC and the QB coach.

This would at least add some intrigue to the off season. Since this staff has been together for so long with little outside connections, who does Claeys hire? Who does he know/trust for the jobs?

I have to admit I was not expecting any major staff shakeup but if Claeys is in fact getting rid of Limegrover and Zebrowski then he is definitely putting his stamp on things. Would be interesting to know Kill's reaction to a move like this, not that his opinion should matter in the situation, but the trio of Kill, Claeys, and Limegrover seemed set in stone while Kill was in charge no matter what happened on the field.

Tracy Claeys is at the precipice that will define his coaching career.

Make the wrong decision, and he is in a steep rapid decline. He must chose wisely, and beyond the scope of current loyalties for the good of the team.

On the other hand, there is the program stability under the current staff. Tough choices ahead for Coach Claeys. He will put a stamp on this program and very soon.

I support him either way he chooses.

This would at least add some intrigue to the off season. Since this staff has been together for so long with little outside connections, who does Claeys hire? Who does he know/trust for the jobs?

limegrover is staying but Z is gone. too many times Z told Kill 'we got this' and he had less than zero.

They should add the H-backs Tight ends coach to that list, if there getting rid of both the OC and the QB coach.

Because having a Gopher tight end selected in the second round of the draft and not the first is unacceptable? Because guys like Lingen and Hart, who weren't expected to play much, ended up being quality targets? What's the problem with Rob Reeves? Curious

Depends on what the overall strategy with the offense is moving forward. Our TE's have developed very well under Reeves. If that position will continue to be an emphasis I think they should keep him.

I can't imagine Claeys will be able to bring in a big name. He's basically on a 1-year contract, it's going to have to be someone who's willing to come here without knowing how long he'll be here. It's not the most stable situation. Certainly adds some intrigue to the offseason.

If this is true, the loyalty slogan used by the staff this past year is taking a new direction.

Why would this surprise anyone? Cleays for sure has guys in mind or guys he had in his back pocket if he ever left for a new job.. Where he says if I ever get a job your my guy. These hires will be very quick.

Why would this surprise anyone? Cleays for sure has guys in mind or guys he had in his back pocket if he ever left for a new job.. Where he says if I ever get a job your my guy. These hires will be very quick.

I'm surprised because of the loyalty this staff has shown. If Kill was still around I'm pretty confident there wouldn't be any changes. I agree with you that this could be quick though, it was just hard to know how aggressive Claeys was going to be.

I have to admit I was not expecting any major staff shakeup but if Claeys is in fact getting rid of Limegrover and Zebrowski then he is definitely putting his stamp on things. Would be interesting to know Kill's reaction to a move like this, not that his opinion should matter in the situation, but the trio of Kill, Claeys, and Limegrover seemed set in stone while Kill was in charge no matter what happened on the field.

Good to know Tracy does not subscribe to the Timberwolves country clip atmosphere and keep around the band

Interesting, I figured some changes would be coming, just didn't see Limegrover going anywhere. The offense ranked 100th out of 128 though, so it's not like it would be unwarranted.

Interesting, I figured some changes would be coming, just didn't see Limegrover going anywhere. The offense ranked 100th out of 128 though, so it's not like it would be unwarranted.

Limey is paid too much for those results.

He is taking the Patterson route. The question is, will he try to maintain what we're doing with a ball control power-accented offense (except with better execution, game planning, and coaching) eg Stanford or MSU, or will we go more to the spread end of the spectrum and try to score a lot of points?

I would guess the former. I love what Stanford does on offense. Claeyes of all people understands how to stop the Kill/Limegrover offense and he has seen firsthand the lack of development at the offensive line and QB positions.

Interesting rumor if true. Buckle up.

Top Bottom