Chris Autman-Bell injury

I’m not sure I can get to 12 but there are some for sure. Especially with the improved depth at WR

I agree that there are other receivers who can pick up the slack. His absence will require a mental adjustment on Morgan's part. Perhaps Morgan has been a bit too reliant on CrAB since Johnson and Bateman moved on and will now have to look to more receivers on the field. He seems to have been doing that a little better so far this season anyway.

I do wonder why we didn't see Mike Brown-Stephens on Saturday. I haven't read anything about him being injured.

Has there been any news on the injury, or is this going to be like Potts last year with complete radio silence?

I agree that there are other receivers who can pick up the slack. His absence will require a mental adjustment on Morgan's part. Perhaps Morgan has been a bit too reliant on CrAB since Johnson and Bateman moved on and will now have to look to more receivers on the field. He seems to have been doing that a little better so far this season anyway.

I do wonder why we didn't see Mike Brown-Stephens on Saturday. I haven't read anything about him being injured.
I feel like it is just play design that funnels targets to CrAB. I assume he is the first option on more plays than anyone else, and I’m guessing Morgan isn’t typically asked or expected to read past his first couple options. Someone else will slide into being the option one.

Has there been any news on the injury, or is this going to be like Potts last year with complete radio silence?
I don't think there will be the mystery of Potts situation from last year but I also wouldn't expect a ton of detail from Fleck. That said, if CRAB is in fact done for the year I would expect Fleck to announce that at the least even if he doesn't give a ton of specifics.

Dang...seemed like this was where we were headed but still a bummer. Next man up and hopefully we get a healthy CRAB back for 2023.

we are Minnesota sports. We can’t have nice things. 😞

Well, we'll see I guess. Injuries to Rodney Smith and Shannon Brooks allowed Mo to have his excellent RS freshman season. I don't think it's impossible that a similar result could occur for someone like Brockington. I feel this loss more for CrAB than the team.

Hope the surgery is successful. He'll put in the work to get healthy. Hope he get's a Master's Degree too.
I’m thinking a Doctorate.

Well, we'll see I guess. Injuries to Rodney Smith and Shannon Brooks allowed Mo to have his excellent RS freshman season. I don't think it's impossible that a similar result could occur for someone like Brockington. I feel this loss more for CrAB than the team.
Think the biggest part will be where is Morgan’s chemistry with the younger guys. He’s been with CRAB a long time. We’ve seen KC has the route trees to get guys open, but is the timing and separation the same? Hoping next man up mentality works, but it’s a tough spot to now go on the road against a competent team to throw you g guys straight in there

Think the biggest part will be where is Morgan’s chemistry with the younger guys. He’s been with CRAB a long time. We’ve seen KC has the route trees to get guys open, but is the timing and separation the same? Hoping next man up mentality works, but it’s a tough spot to now go on the road against a competent team to throw you g guys straight in there
Thankfully if you have watched MSU at all you have seen a team that struggles in the secondary to put it mildly. So even with it being a road game this is probably a good secondary to face while we sort out how things will look without CRAB.

I agree with all you've written above but it might be that Tanner's heavy reliance on CrAB as the #1 option could have been a bit of a double-edged sword. I hope Tanner adjusts well. He seems to be looking toward more receivers so far this year.

Watch back the Gophers offense without crab. Tanner was still 🔥 2 TDs after to Dylan Wright and Clay Geary. Next man up. This room is deep and can still shine with a Veteran QB leading the way.

Oars in the water. We row!

Around the 11-18 minute mark.

Watch back the Gophers offense without crab. Tanner was still 🔥 2 TDs after to Dylan Wright and Clay Geary. Next man up. This room is deep and can still shine with a Veteran QB leading the way.

Oars in the water. We row!

Around the 11-18 minute mark.
If it is going to happen for Wright, this is the time. There is no doubt he has the athletic ability to be special. Can he put it all together and become an elite receiver?

If Wright doesn't step up and seize the #1 spot there are others who might. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out over the next few weeks. Maybe a young receiver really emerges in the same way the Bucky and Ky did last year when Mo/Potts/Williams went down.

I'm a huge fan of CrAB, but I do think it's time for some other guys to shine- Jackson specifically, but also Wright and Brockington.

Geary is just gonna go out there and fill in all the gaps and be an UDFA next year I bet lol

Tough decision ahead for Crab and his family. Has he shown enough to get picked up as a free agent or will this sudden history of injuries be a deterrent?

Also how will this affect any young WRs who are on the team or considering the gophers?

Tough decision ahead for Crab and his family. Has he shown enough to get picked up as a free agent or will this sudden history of injuries be a deterrent?

Also how will this affect any young WRs who are on the team or considering the gophers?
i don't think he was an NFL prospect which is why he came back.

I would think he'd maybe want to try year 7 to prove he can be a #1 and see if an NFL team takes a flyer on him? I doubt they would coming off injury

we'll see

I think the opposite. Guys like him who can run the proper routes and be in the right place at the right time, and have hands, usually find a home in the NFL. It's those 1st round "athletes" that run 4.3 forties and get drafted on speed alone who fizzle out.

I would think he'd maybe want to try year 7 to prove he can be a #1 and see if an NFL team takes a flyer on him? I doubt they would coming off injury

we'll see
At best, i think he would have been a late round pick. But now, i think maybe playing in Canada might be the way to go.

Id opt for rehab, check with agents there and then if all looks promising. Sign a contract and get paid to get back to being healthy while allowing yourself to focus on football 100%

I think the opposite. Guys like him who can run the proper routes and be in the right place at the right time, and have hands, usually find a home in the NFL. It's those 1st round "athletes" that run 4.3 forties and get drafted on speed alone who fizzle out.
Yeah, short of him having a top 3 WR in big this year statistically, def not day 1 material just based on stats, not ability.

I think he was meaning he wasn’t going to be drafted and came back to show he was good enough. It’ll be tough to find an nfl team to take a flyer on him now so I’d expect he’ll come back for one more go around if rehab and everything go well

Top Bottom