Chris Autman-Bell injury

Still ask why? (Ihope a reporter ask PJ that question in his Monday presser). We already know what he can do. As far as two minute drill, I think he has shown he understands what has to take place. Can’t remember, did we use a two minute in this game?
Yes...that was when he got hurt.

Seriously you realize you are upset that we had our starters in a game in the first half right? No one pulls their starters that early.

Still ask why? (Ihope a reporter ask PJ that question in his Monday presser). We already know what he can do. As far as two minute drill, I think he has shown he understands what has to take place. Can’t remember, did we use a two minute in this game?
Literally when the injury happened it was two minute offense? Did you watch the game?

You hope a reporter asks why the starters were in during the second quarter? That would be a stupid question to waste a question on for that reporter.

You’re right though m. CAB understands how to play football. He shouldn’t even practice

Wish a full and speedy recovery for CAB. However, losing CAB is NOT a huge hit. I can think of 12 players off hand that would impact the squad more if injured
I’m not sure I can get to 12 but there are some for sure. Especially with the improved depth at WR

Seeing verified reports on Twitter about ligaments. I know a few people have connections via family/friends so not gonna throw it out completely, but not good if true. Thought for sure it wasn’t the knee. Looks like I am wrong…back to message board medical school.

Seeing verified reports on Twitter about ligaments. I know a few people have connections via family/friends so not gonna throw it out completely, but not good if true. Thought for sure it wasn’t the knee. Looks like I am wrong…back to message board medical school.
My sources say that humans do in fact have ligaments.

That’s pretty much confirmation right there.

I was looking for Bell on the home side with binoculars the second half …. never saw him ☹️
Um he’s sick. My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who know’s this kid who’s going with this girl who saw Chris Autman-Bell pass out at 31 flavors last night.

I'm seeing the same tweets. one mentioned "multiple ligaments."

I think fans have to get used to the idea that his season is done.

So now it's on Kirk C, Simon and the other offensive coaches to make adjustments. every injury is an opportunity for another player. Who will take advantage of that opportunity? I would like to see Brockington get some targets.

but, if CrAB is out, the offense will be different. that does NOT have to mean worse, just different.
the Gophers still need to throw the ball.

I'm seeing the same tweets. one mentioned "multiple ligaments."

I think fans have to get used to the idea that his season is done.

So now it's on Kirk C, Simon and the other offensive coaches to make adjustments. every injury is an opportunity for another player. Who will take advantage of that opportunity? I would like to see Brockington get some targets.

but, if CrAB is out, the offense will be different. that does NOT have to mean worse, just different.
the Gophers still need to throw the ball.
Just hearing postgame interview with fleck made me think it’s a miracle if he plays again this year

Didn't look good. Would be surprised if he played again this year

Just hearing postgame interview with fleck made me think it’s a miracle if he plays again this year
Didn't look good. Would be surprised if he played again this year
Maybe it’s a meniscus, and thus would give him the opportunity to delay surgery. I think (don’t know) there are certain meniscus injuries that you can play through without much affect. Then get surgery later on.

Well that's a kick in the nuts

Maybe it’s a meniscus, and thus would give him the opportunity to delay surgery. I think (don’t know) there are certain meniscus injuries that you can play through without much affect. Then get surgery later on.
My experience with meniscus you either get the surgery and are back faster or you don’t and are back slower but maybe better off

But I haven’t been around that injury for a few years

Yes, Clay Geary is playing a 7th year currently under this premise.
Must be nice. Finish playing college football and immediately qualify for Social Security.

Just kidding. Glad Geary has gotten to stick around. I enjoy watching him play.

Losing Autman-Bell would hurt. I wonder if they shuffle some guys around to get the most raw talent on the field or if they instead move the next guy on the Y depth chart up. Brockington is next in line behind Autman-Bell at the Y on the current depth chart, but I wonder if they move either Jackson or Wright over to the Y with the other staying at the X. I will say this, and this isn't a rip on Bell, that I think Jackson and Wright both have more raw athletic talent that Autman-Bell, but their skills aren't as finely honed.

Yes...that was when he got hurt.

Seriously you realize you are upset that we had our starters in a game in the first half right? No one pulls their starters that early.
Hello Dave H. Excellent opinion and that is exactly why I am on this message board and clicked on this thread.

I for one hated the Autman-Bell injury and think it may be more difficult than “next man up!” I hope that is not the case and am looking forward to Geary and others get their chance. After the Autman-Bell injury, I was surprised to see our RB1 trotted onto the field in the second half (I know no teams take players out before halftime) of a game we were winning 35-0.

Boy oh boy, I hope we get up 35-0 against MSU, but when/if we do, I hope we give Mo and a few others a rest - thinking of Nubin on punt coverage.

In the meantime, I am looking forward to discussing and sharing opinions about Gophers football as I think that is why we visit/post on this site.

Um he’s sick. My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who know’s this kid who’s going with this girl who saw Chris Autman-Bell pass out at 31 flavors last night.
So I guess it's pretty serious?

Any actual sources yet? Not counting either of the 2 random Twitter accounts claiming multiple torn ligaments

Well that's a kick in the nuts
That would’ve been unverified. My bad!

Any actual sources yet? Not counting either of the 2 random Twitter accounts claiming multiple torn ligaments
Nothing I can find. Usually don’t hear anything over the weekend though. Maybe tomorrow.

Saw one that said he’s having surgery on Wednesday.

Must be nice. Finish playing college football and immediately qualify for Social Security.

Just kidding. Glad Geary has gotten to stick around. I enjoy watching him play.

Losing Autman-Bell would hurt. I wonder if they shuffle some guys around to get the most raw talent on the field or if they instead move the next guy on the Y depth chart up. Brockington is next in line behind Autman-Bell at the Y on the current depth chart, but I wonder if they move either Jackson or Wright over to the Y with the other staying at the X. I will say this, and this isn't a rip on Bell, that I think Jackson and Wright both have more raw athletic talent that Autman-Bell, but their skills aren't as finely honed.
I crammed four years into seven myself. I enjoyed the college life a bit too much. Enjoy it while you can Geary.

Top Bottom