Chicago State Game Moved Up to Noon Tip-Off

Bummer the game is switched to B1G+. Now I cannot watch it. I will have to listen.

Now two games on BTN+ in the next week. Perhaps worth the $10. Was hard to justify for one game.
We broke down and bought the annual package for the Gophers, mainly to watch volleyball, but it comes in handy for women's BB and the occasional men's game, too. I haven't regretted it for a minute. A whole year subscription for about the cost of a pregame sit-down meal for four people.

As far as this game time change, it's a fine howdy do. Not sure I can get to the game now. I can only guess it has to do with either travel for the opponent back home or travel to/from the game for fans, who will be safer in the daylight hours than in the evening.

Was going to take my 7 year old. Already pulling him out of school on Friday, so probably can’t justify pulling him on Thursday as well. Guess my wife and I will be skipping work and going instead. Would have much preferred the original time. It’s already snowy and cold- what the bleep is the difference?

This makes zero sense, unless the switch is related to Chicago State's travel plans.

Better to get the game in early than not play it at all...

If the gophers play terrible and it’s on BTN+, do they actually play terrible….? Deep
Is this more of the OBJECTIVE ANALYSIS that I've been assured, in bold, that takes place on here?

We broke down and bought the annual package for the Gophers, mainly to watch volleyball, but it comes in handy for women's BB and the occasional men's game, too. I haven't regretted it for a minute. A whole year subscription for about the cost of a pregame sit-down meal for four people.
Ah, okay...now I get it. Wet_Blanket_Guy and others...ok they're 'Gopher' fans...of women's BB & VB. Hostile towards men's BB.

I might try to attend the game now. Noon works well for me as I don’t care about my job. Have to imagine there are good seats available. Will see what roads are like Thursday AM

Iowa State and Omaha canceled, would be leaning towards this one as well unless Chicago State is looking to get here right about now.

I might try to attend the game now. Noon works well for me as I don’t care about my job. Have to imagine there are good seats available. Will see what roads are like Thursday AM
Good seats! LOL! You will be able to sit 5 rows up at center court if you wish.

How does this help either team? Thursday is equally miserable throughout the day in minneapolis.

Snow starts in Chicago in the afternoon. I think you'd have to play the game at 10am if you were trying to get a plane back to Chicago after the game before Chicago gets dumped on.

It's even more perplexing for the women's game. Eastern Illinois would be better off playing at night and waiting for the storm to pass through southern Illinois.

Last edited:

This is my exact thought process. School's out for the kid so would be fun to enjoy a basketball double header at the Barn.

Interesting. The snow ends Thursday morning, and it will also be windy by game time, I'm not sure what moving it up really accomplishes. It just gives less time to clear the roads.
The only thing I can think of is the winds will get worse as the day goes on and it usually is better for those attending to drive during the day than at night. The Winter Storm Watch they have up for the wind starts at 3pm tomorrow.

Interesting. The snow ends Thursday morning, and it will also be windy by game time, I'm not sure what moving it up really accomplishes. It just gives less time to clear the roads.
Does it somehow help with the flight back to Chicago? I would think it would be worse there, earlier, too?

EDIT - if they're busing (cripes ...) then I guess it gives more time to get back. What a ______ drive that will be.

Does it somehow help with the flight back to Chicago? I would think it would be worse there, earlier, too?

EDIT - if they're busing (cripes ...) then I guess it gives more time to get back. What a ______ drive that will be.
I can't imagine they're getting back to Chicago anytime before Saturday regardless of when they play.

They'd probably have to get in the air by noon to beat the snow to Chicago. Seems like whoever said this is just for fan safety is right. All 67 that come.

Isn't the snow supposed to be done by Thurs morning? So it's just a matter of clearing the metro and state-wide roads.

I don't get it. Unless it's for the sake of Chicago State busing back, that's all that makes sense to me. But I'd just spend the extra night here and wait for the roads to get better.

Top Bottom