Charles Buggs

Don't tell Howie that.

Didn't you say unlike football film, basketball film can be deceiving? Also, football film is for recruiting, and basketball film is for entertainment? Since you're a noted authority and guardian of the board, I'm sure I wrote that down.

Didn't you say unlike football film, basketball film can be deceiving? Also, football film is for recruiting, and basketball film is for entertainment? Since you're a noted authority and guardian of the board, I'm sure I wrote that down.

It's really weird to me how offended you were (and apparently still are) that I pointed out that highlight videos can be misleading. I still can't figure that out. I also don't know how me pointing out the obvious makes me an "authority" or "guardian of the board."

There are a couple reasons I said basketball highlights can be more misleading than football highlights. For football, most videos are on Hudl, which to my understanding, is a recruiting site where players post their own videos to try to get more recruiting attention, so they're going to want to show scouts everything that they can do. If I'm wrong about that, please correct me. Basketball highlights on the other hand, are usually made by websites like Hoopmixtape, Ballislife, and plenty of others who make money based on how many views they get, so naturally they want to make them as entertaining as possible. To do this, they put in the exciting plays only. You can see how that can get misleading, right? I think many would agree that defense is 50% of the game in basketball, yet highlight videos only show the occasional block, which is a small percentage of defense. If you are missing about 50% of a players game just from that, how much are you really seeing? Rebounding is another thing that is never shown, along with a lot of other important things. I just think there are more things in basketball that go unseen in highlight videos than in football (football highlights can still be misleading though). That's my opinion. If you want to disagree, feel free to do so (I'm sure you will).

I'll take "Missing the Point" for $2000 Alex.

Top Bottom