Chanhassen OT Frank Ragnow is going to Arkansas

What school do you think Frank Ragnow announces on Friday?

• Minnesota

Votes: 87 56.9%
  • Arkansas

Votes: 59 38.6%
  • Florida State

Votes: 7 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

My first inkling on this is when Frank talked in the interview posted here awhile ago how Bielema has the O-linemen fly first class and such, that he was leaning toward Arkansas. Whether or not it is applicable in any way, Wisconsin did send a lot of O-linemen to the pros when Bielema was the head coach there. Has to get into an O-lineman's head.

I don't like it, but I wish him well.

Really can't blame him. After the Gophers horrible bowl performance, I'd have serious questions about playing for us as well.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Obviously this kid never wanted to stay home, if Arkansas gives him the opportunity to leave so be it, it seems like a poor fit for anyone with so many options. Really frustrating though that Frank had to call a press conference, just a slap in coach Kill's face since it's going to be plastered on the local news. Whatever, hopefully Jones has a bigger one on Wed and puts on the block M, he's the real difference maker in the state this year that Kill truly needed to get.

The Walton family (or other...) probably threw some dough his/family's way. If Minnesota was as dirty as SEC schools, they might be able to recruit as well.

Obviously this kid never wanted to stay home, if Arkansas gives him the opportunity to leave so be it, it seems like a poor fit for anyone with so many options.

Yeah poor fit. It's not like Bielema has coached any linemen in the NFL and its not like his new position coach had FOUR offensive linemen drafted last year alone. When was the last Gopher lineman drafted?

I really don't understand getting a crowd of home state people together to tell them you're going somewhere else. If he had narrowed it down to FSU and Arkansas, out-state programs that would be different. But the narcissism involved in this type of show really amazes me. JC was a class act…didn't string anyone along, didn't feel a need to make a show of it, just made his decision and moved on. It is what it is. We have a great team and an already great recruiting class and an offensive line that is going to rock next year. No big loss here but it would be nice to land some Minnesota kids.

Arkansas has a history of success over the past 5 years. We haven't won a big 10 championship for longer than most here have been alive. There really is no comparison.

Arkansas has NEVER won an SEC championship....what success? The two 10 win seasons they had in the middle of a bunch of middling average seasons?

Meh...lots of OL talent out there. Next up.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rational thought, if Ragnow is from a different state (Florida, Texas) then he's just another three star recruit. Jeff Jones more vital.</p>— Lucas Trickle (@LucasTrickleGI) <a href="https://twitter.com/LucasTrickleGI/statuses/429363739456839680">January 31, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Obviously this kid never wanted to stay home, if Arkansas gives him the opportunity to leave so be it, it seems like a poor fit for anyone with so many options. Really frustrating though that Frank had to call a press conference, just a slap in coach Kill's face since it's going to be plastered on the local news. Whatever, hopefully Jones has a bigger one on Wed and puts on the block M, he's the real difference maker in the state this year that Kill truly needed to get.

It's not a slap in the face to anybody. Jesus, the kid had a choice to make, and his choice was bound to create news. That's what press conferences are for.

He wants to play for a winning program with the chance of going pro, and he feels Arkansas gives him the best chance for that.

Obviously disappointed but I think we'll be fine. This is already a very good class without Ragnow. Go Gophers!

Wow, last Feb. who would have thought our dream instate o line recruits would be poached away by Bama and Arkansas. Losing Jones would be killer.

I rooted against Arkansas before this and I'll root against them after this. I'll just have a little bigger smirk every time they lose now. Bielema will be fired in 2 years. In 5 years he'll be the head coach at Iowa. Book it.

Yeah poor fit. It's not like Bielema has coached any linemen in the NFL and its not like his new position coach had FOUR offensive linemen drafted last year alone. When was the last Gopher lineman drafted?

Bert had NOTHING to do with coaching any of those linemen, and his assistants that did left him cause he's an ahole.
As for the OL coach down there, ok great, it's not going to matter after the whole staff is canned in another season or two.
Anyone have the Bert falling in the rain gif?

Good for you. Arkansas is still a **** state and the U of Arkansas is still a **** University.

I hope arky goes 0-fer for as long as BigEnema is there. Frank is just another cog in a machine I will actively root against.

I think that having a press conference to announce that you are going to disappoint virtually everyone in your home state is off taste.

Get used to 0-8 in the SEC.

Something the Gophers would know a lot more about then Arkansas during your lifetime. Quit hating on him.

I guess no recruits should have ever picked Auburn after 2012, they must be screwed forever.... wait, teams rebound???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom