Chanhassen OT Frank Ragnow is going to Arkansas

What school do you think Frank Ragnow announces on Friday?

• Minnesota

Votes: 87 56.9%
  • Arkansas

Votes: 59 38.6%
  • Florida State

Votes: 7 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be as perplexing a decision as I can remember if he chooses AR. Like others have alluded to there is simply zero advantage to going there with all the other choices out there. It's still difficult to wrap my head around why he'd choose to go there. A girl maybe?

If the unthinkable happens I hope he gets booed out of the school for making a dumb decision and turning his back on his home state. I'm not into the touchy-feely crap, sorry. If his dad has a hand in this...wow.

I can see choosing a FSU or a Stanford. They have certain advantages we don't necessarily have. Arkansas? Arkansas?

Better facilities, fan support and conference. I can understand him wanting to stay close to home though if he does choose Minnesota

I like the way our line is right now we have a good solid returning group that you would assume would be better next year and behind them we have some talented young men also. If he chooses not to play for the gophers we can cry about it today then start looking forward to the 2014 season, which i think will be a great one. We have to start winning on a consistent basis to start landing high level recruits, and I love to see how competitive we can be with the guys we are getting that maybe nobody else really wanted, but they fit what we are trying to do. If you build it they will come!

Just saw a tweet that Arkansas's website has been updated to say Ragnow is a Hogg. Can't check it on mobile, but it doesn't sound good for us.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

I doubt it, he's still trying to clean up Petrino's recruiting mess. We currently have a top 5 ranked class for 2015 so we should be pretty solid then. Next year will be rough again but we're headed in the right direction for the most part. Last year wasn't his fault

We'll see. I have nothing against Arkansas except that you seem like to hire absolute A-holes. I don't think BB has the chops to coach in the SEC. Most of what made him successful at WI is gone, his assistants chose Chryst instead of him. This isn't just WI hatred, as much as I hate WI, I acknowledge that Bo Ryan is a heck of a basketball coach. BB is a clown. I don't think your class finishes top 5 in the SEC next season and I think BB's seat will be really warm. Especially with what Gus Malzahn is doing, you guys thought about him too right? I'm actually hoping that he gets canned so that I can stop rooting against you guys.

Better facilities, fan support and conference. I can understand him wanting to stay close to home though if he does choose Minnesota

Don't compare to us, compare to his other offers. If he didn't want to be a Gopher he had so many better options than Arkansas, which is what is puzzling.

Honestly, I'd prefer if local recruits eliminate us early if they really have no interest in coming here. Rashad Vaughn saved everyone here a few months of mindless speculation by leaving MN out of his top group. Tyus Jones too to an extent.

Hopefully he picks us, but I'm pretty happy with the depth we have on the OL. Either way I hope it works out for him.

I like the way our line is right now we have a good solid returning group that you would assume would be better next year and behind them we have some talented young men also. If he chooses not to play for the gophers we can cry about it today then start looking forward to the 2014 season, which i think will be a great one. We have to start winning on a consistent basis to start landing high level recruits, and I love to see how competitive we can be with the guys we are getting that maybe nobody else really wanted, but they fit what we are trying to do. If you build it they will come!

I'd agree with your post if we lost him to FSU, if we lose him to Arkansas it's just that he has awful taste.

Don't compare to us, compare to his other offers. If he didn't want to be a Gopher he had so many better options than Arkansas, which is what is puzzling.

Exactly!

I understand that our ONLY advantage is that we are the hometown school.

How in the world does he choose Arkansas over Ohio State, Nebraska or even Wisconsin?

Just saw a tweet that Arkansas's website has been updated to say Ragnow is a Hogg. Can't check it on mobile, but it doesn't sound good for us.

That would be a little illegal...

What website?

If people are going to boo a kid for where he's going to college they should really be thinking about what they're doing with their lives. Like I've said over on the Basketball board. When big recruits commit and there's a lot of local interest they usually have a public announcement whether they are staying at the home school or not.

People aren't booing him for where he's playing college ball. We would be booing him for HOW he went about announcing his commitment. Look at the threads on this board about JC going to Bama or Will Johnson going to West Virginia. It's tacky to hold a press conference, invite the public and choose the people who aren't there. It's like showing up to a girl's birthday party and telling her you're going to date someone else. It's tacky. It's about the form of the announcement and not the substance of the announcement.

Between banging their sisters and marrying their cousins, how do they have time to build websites?

It's tacky. It's about the form of the announcement and not the substance of the announcement.

Is it tacky for some 40-50 year old to drive over to a high school they have no affiliation with to listen to a 17 year old they have never met announce where he's going to go to college?

Is it tacky for some 40-50 year old to drive over to a high school they have no affiliation with to listen to a 17 year old they have never met announce where he's going to go to college?

It's not tacky, no.
It's strange and obsessive.

People aren't booing him for where he's playing college ball. We would be booing him for HOW he went about announcing his commitment. Look at the threads on this board about JC going to Bama or Will Johnson going to West Virginia. It's tacky to hold a press conference, invite the public and choose the people who aren't there. It's like showing up to a girl's birthday party and telling her you're going to date someone else. It's tacky. It's about the form of the announcement and not the substance of the announcement.

I totally agree. But one has that train of thought on the assumption he is even worried about the audience. Often with things like this where a kid wants an audience, its because he's thinking about the spotlight more than the response... I'm not saying that's the case, but the spotlight can be an intoxicating thing for a kid.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Text from a HS coach who would know: "Ragnow to Arkansas." Good call, <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanBurnsGI">@RyanBurnsGI</a>. Definitely am surprised. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23gophers&src=hash">#gophers</a></p>— Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/statuses/429359027609292800">January 31, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's a wrap folks.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Text from a HS coach who would know: "Ragnow to Arkansas." Good call, <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanBurnsGI">@RyanBurnsGI</a>. Definitely am surprised. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23gophers&src=hash">#gophers</a></p>— Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/statuses/429359027609292800">January 31, 2014</a></blockquote>

Once signing day is over in done with no one from minnesota will even be thinking about the decision ragnow made if he chooses to go to Arkansas, im a life long gopher fan and I wouldn't let it ruin what we have going here. I can understand whats going through the mind of a player coming from the cities, maybe he just wants to get away and experience something different, but I know where I come in southern minnesota all I dreamed about was playing for the gophers because thats all that I knew.

Perhaps the HS coach was the "leak" last night. Life happens. But I don't see the point in having a huge event like this if you are going to allow the word to get out early. What a waste of time.

Serious question. I don't doubt this is tre but why would someone in the know text the media 15 minutes before the announcement? What is to gain?

While Ragnow would make this a great week for commits I'm not real concerned about our o-line depth if he does go elsewhere. The thing that would annoy me would be that we would lose him to Bielema and a bottom feeding SEC school and the way he invited the public to come just like the Reid Travis situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom