Chanhassen OT Frank Ragnow is going to Arkansas

What school do you think Frank Ragnow announces on Friday?

• Minnesota

Votes: 87 56.9%
  • Arkansas

Votes: 59 38.6%
  • Florida State

Votes: 7 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol okay i admit walmart probably skews that ranking a little, but it still doesnt hurt having 3 fortune 500 companies right down the street

Its pretty easy to get a job anywhere in the state if you play for arkansas though. We dont have a vikings, timberwolves or twins so thats all we support

I went to school with twins prospect DJ baxendale though and enjoy watching jarius wright play. Just trying to have a good football discussion :)

Yes, Walmart, the worst executive paying fortune 500 company. They are cheap everywhere with everything unless your name is Walton.

Signs point to Arkansas, but I keep coming back to this: Is Frank really stupid enough to have a public announcement at his high school and choose the Hogs? Especially after what just happened with Reid? Does he realize he will get booed following that announcement?

If people are going to boo a kid for where he's going to college they should really be thinking about what they're doing with their lives. Like I've said over on the Basketball board. When big recruits commit and there's a lot of local interest they usually have a public announcement whether they are staying at the home school or not.

Law schools use the same strategy. ANY type of employment counts, including working at McDonalds.

Edit: just checked the rankings: UMN - #23. Arkansas - #66. Lol.

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankings...ools/top-business-schools/mba-rankings/page+3

Northwestern(4), Michigan(14), Indiana(22), Minnesota(23), Ohio State(27), Wisconsin(34), Maryland(37), Michigan State (43), Purdue(T44), Iowa(T44), Illinois(47), Pennsylvania State(49), Rutgers(61)

So every business school in the Big Ten sans Nebraska is ranked above Arkansas. Damn fine education they got going on down there.

WOW. 3 whole Fortune 500 companies?

....Minneapolis-St. Paul has 19.

It's not the same as the multinationals in the twin cities. But, a lot of companies generate more than 20% of their revenues via Walmart. Heading up P&G or J&J teams that are local in NWArk are good gigs. The ecosystem is larger than it may seem from the outside

I enjoyed my time there, but no desire to return.

Unless frank plans to spend the rest of his life in arkansas, he should choose minnesota

I'm sure it's a great feeder program for corporate spots at Wal-Mart and Tyson but if anyone seriously believes it's above Wharton or Stern, well, enjoy your delusion.

This.

come on come on come on!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>No crocs today :/ just hats...</p>— Frank Ragnow (@KNARFWONGAR) <a href="https://twitter.com/KNARFWONGAR/statuses/429324716864573440">January 31, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

In a couple of hours we can put a fork in this thread. Well, in a few hours after the cheering or, as the case may be, the whining is complete.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>No crocs today :/ just hats...</p>— Frank Ragnow (@KNARFWONGAR) <a href="https://twitter.com/KNARFWONGAR/statuses/429324716864573440">January 31, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Red crocs would be really easy to find, but since Frank is picking the Gophers he couldn't find any maroon crocs. #WeGotHim

Okay, who's got a kid/nephew/cousin who goes to Chanhassen? What color shirt/shoes/socks is he wearing?

If people are going to boo a kid for where he's going to college they should really be thinking about what they're doing with their lives. Like I've said over on the Basketball board. When big recruits commit and there's a lot of local interest they usually have a public announcement whether they are staying at the home school or not.

Agree completely. I hope Frank chooses the Gophers but he should make the decision based on factors that are important to him, not factors that are important to me and the other dopes on a message board.

Where is GoldenShower's wife? I'm ready to give her a facial if Frank commits to the U.

Arkansas makes no sense, none, zero. We all know Bert had nothing to do with the NFL success at wisky, how is it Ragnow doesn't.
Whatever, this hurts perception of local recruiting more than the depth chart if he goes, but just an awful decision for a kid with so many offers to go play for a bottom feeder $ec team and a coach with no history of building anything. Bert is gone in 2 years and Frank will probably be stuck pass blocking for some spread coach while we play man ball up north.

but just an awful decision for a kid

I'm comforted that every fan base has 'em or I'd personally drive to the school and plead for Frank to get away from people like you as fast as he can.

Bert is gone in 2 years and Frank will probably be stuck pass blocking for some spread coach while we play man ball up north

In the past five drafts, 5 of the 33 offensive linemen picked in the 1st round played man ball up north in the Big Ten.

Seems word is getting out... Arkansas. Either that or an intentional smoke screen. Damn.

Meh

I've followed enough of these things to know that we are gonna lose him.

I said last year in the spring that he'd go to the SEC. When I made that statement, I figured he'd be getting offers from schools like Auburn, South Carolina, LSU, Kentucky, etc. I never would've thought that the SEC school would end up being Arkansas. It's a strange decision, but we'll survive and move on. I would wish him luck, but all of my well-wishes are reserved for the Gophers.

Viewing Party

I hear they are streaming it...so no matter what Frank decides, you will be a happier man for it.

A few months back I thought he was a hog lean just because he was always retweeting hog stalkers on twitter. After we had a solid season and they had a terrible season, I thought he might choose Minnesota. Really hope he is fn with all of us and doesnt choose to play for butthead.

I'm comforted that every fan base has 'em or I'd personally drive to the school and plead for Frank to get away from people like you as fast as he can.

In the past five drafts, 5 of the 33 offensive linemen picked in the 1st round played man ball up north in the Big Ten.

Ok not awful, just very strange. He can do what he wants, but for a guy with so many offers from better schools in better areas of the country it's "strange".

The Nfl will find talent anywhere, at any size school in any conference, I'm just saying our style of play has to be fun for the offensive linemen.

Just remember guys:

I am going to start this out by saying I am a die hard Gopher fan and not a troll. I grew up in Chaska and know Ragnow's Dad quite well. His Dad told me when I was back from AZ this summer that the Gopher's had no chance, then my brother saw him around Thanksgiving and he told him he was not going to the Gopher's, then my brother saw his Dad again last week and he said there is no chance he is going to sign with the Gopher's. I know he has acted like he is interested but my brother's take is that he is a very nice kid and doesn't want to tell Kill no at this point. My brother said he was very non committal on where he is going but sounded like FSU and Arkansas where the two favorites. Believe me I would love it if another kid from my home town (I know he goes to Chan) became a Gopher but I do not think his Dad would be saying this if it was not true.

He'll be available after he goes 2-10 this year, but no. Good lord no.

I doubt it, he's still trying to clean up Petrino's recruiting mess. We currently have a top 5 ranked class for 2015 so we should be pretty solid then. Next year will be rough again but we're headed in the right direction for the most part. Last year wasn't his fault

Bielema will be fired in ~3 years. Building a program and maintaining a well-oiled machine are two different things.

I doubt it, he's still trying to clean up Petrino's recruiting mess. We currently have a top 5 ranked class for 2015 so we should be pretty solid then. Next year will be rough again but we're headed in the right direction for the most part. Last year wasn't his fault
Buddy nothing against you or Arkansas, but your coach is a fraud. He rode a stabile program someone else built through a turbulent few years in the B1G and got out when he knew he peaked.
Good luck to your program, but you'll see soon enough what a classless ahole buffoon Bert is, and you'll be better off in 2015 with whoever you hire.

Just remember guys:

It will be as perplexing a decision as I can remember if he chooses AR. Like others have alluded to there is simply zero advantage to going there with all the other choices out there. It's still difficult to wrap my head around why he'd choose to go there. A girl maybe?

If the unthinkable happens I hope he gets booed out of the school for making a dumb decision and turning his back on his home state. I'm not into the touchy-feely crap, sorry. If his dad has a hand in this...wow.

I can see choosing a FSU or a Stanford. They have certain advantages we don't necessarily have. Arkansas? Arkansas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom