CFP Rankings: OSU 1, WI 8, PSU 10, Mich 14, Iowa 16, Minnesota 18

What were those Rose Bowl scenarios again?

What the hell. Are we going to get fu*ked in bowl positioning now?

Michigan gets throttled by Ohio State and Wisconsin and the committee thinks they are the 14 best team. Helmet school!!!

What the hell. Are we going to get fu*ked in bowl positioning now?
It is possible, but we should have taken care of business and at least beaten an Iowa team that we are better than. We put ourselves in this boat (no pun intended) so don’t blame the committee. We controlled our own destiny and failed to take advantage of what was laid out before us.

It is possible, but we should have taken care of business and at least beaten an Iowa team that we are better than. We put ourselves in this boat (no pun intended) so don’t blame the committee.

Don't blame the committee for choosing a three loss to over a two loss team? Did I miss Penn State at #20 or something?

Yeah I think we can blame the committee for seeing our PSU win as a fluke. Ridiculous.

I believe this is the lowest ranking ever in the CFB Playoff era for a 10 win power 5 team heading into championship week.

How many teams have moved 10 spots in a week ever?

Wouldn’t we expect to see fewer huge jumps as the season goes on?

The committee lacks any shred of consistency.

we literally had zero other notable wins.
And while some here don’t want to admit it, that is the point. Michigan has two wins over ranked teams. We failed to win a game against a beatable Iowa team. I don’t like where we are ranked either, but when you don’t take care of your own business, you leave yourself open to what the committee just did.

Joke. Absolute joke. No way should we be behind a 3 loss Michigan team. I'd argue even a 3 loss Iowa team.

Have to think that our chances for the Outback or even Citrus might be in question after that ranking.

Joke. Absolute joke. No way should we be behind a 3 loss Michigan team. I'd argue even a 3 loss Iowa team.

Have to think that our chances for the Outback or even Citrus might be in question after that ranking.
Replace Rutgers with @Ohio State on our schedule like Penn State/Wisconsin had or maybe even @Michigan like Iowa had. How many losses do we end up with?

A very, very, strong chance of 3 losses.

Would the college basketball committee move a team from a 2 seed to a 5 seed based on one blowout loss in a conference semi-final game?

Michigan gets throttled by Ohio State and Wisconsin and the committee thinks they are the 14 best team. Helmet school!!!
Well, they had to keep them ahead of Notre Dame.
Can't move up Notre Dame without moving up Michigan.

Replace Rutgers with @Ohio State on our schedule like Penn State/Wisconsin had or maybe even @Michigan like Iowa had. How many losses do we end up with?

So we should be ranked higher at 9-3 vs 10-2 in that scenario?

It would be replacing Rutgers with Michigan St. If you want to put OSU on our schedule, you remove PSU. No west team plays 2 out of the big three of OSU, PSU, and Michigan.

You could have written instead "Well, take away Rutgers, Maryland, Nebraska, and Northwestern and add Alabama, Texas, Texas A&M, and LSU and how many losses would we have.

#8 team loses to #12 and drops 10 spots? Wow. Pinstripe Bowl here we come...

How does wisconsin move up so much by beating a crappy MN team?

There is no consistent rationale for this.

I'm surprised this low. It doesn't seem to make any sense from a evaluation standpoint.

CFP Committee: Wisconsin and Iowa have terrific wins over a great team like Minnesota, so they need to be ranked high.

Also CFP Committee: Minnesota is terrible and should be ranked behind Memphis and every other 3 loss P5 team.

Top Bottom