CFN: 2020 Minnesota Football Schedule Prediction (8-4, 5-4 in BT)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CFN:

2020 Minnesota Football Schedule Prediction
2020 Preseason Prediction: 8-4
2020 Preseason Big Ten Prediction: 5-4
2019 Preseason Prediction: 8-4
2019: 11-2, 2018: 7-6
2020 Minnesota Preview

Sept. 3 Florida Atlantic W
Sept. 12 Tennessee Tech W
Sept. 18 Iowa W
Sept. 26 BYU W
Oct. 3 at Maryland W
Oct. 10 at Wisconsin L
Oct. 17 Michigan L
Oct. 24 at Illinois W
Oct. 31 at Michigan State L
Nov. 7 Purdue W
Nov. 14 OPEN DATE
Nov. 21 Northwestern W
Nov. 27 at Nebraska L

Go Gophers!!

Last edited:

@ Michigan State, maybe, but I don't see them as being a good program right now.
@ Nebraska :rolleyes:

Shouldn't take much scoring to beat Mich St. I can't imagine them having a very good offense.

I can see 8-4, but I would consider that bit disappointing and means Morgan took a big step back and our defense was unable to replace all the starters that only veritas saw coming

I'll take the over and feel real good about it

I could see us running the table with the toughest game not listed. the B1G Championship game. Our bowl game. Our bowl game will be pretty darn tough too. Hope we play. Play with butts in the seats. Healthy people only.

Goodness can you imagine losing to this Michigan State squad? I mean, I guess it's possible.

If that happens, it's either:

1. A total fluke, which you don't take into account in a season prediction thread.

2. Our team takes a massive step back and does not get close to 8 wins.

Last edited:

10-2, or 11-1.

Add wins against Nebraska, Michigan State, and a toss up against Michigan.

I think 10-2 is probably reasonable and 9-3 would be the "safe" pick. But 8-4 with this offense is totally pessimistic.

How things change. Last year at this time I would have been thrilled with 8-4. Now this year I expect 10 wins.

hahaha....it's intriguing that the sportswriters always pick Nebraska. How many more years of mediocracy need to occur before this enigma ends? The program down in Lincoln has hit nearly hit rock bottom...and I for one...am hoping they stay there. The fanbase is living in the 90's yet. Starter jackets and shouting 'go blackshirts'...it's so ridiculous and they are blind to seeing this. Nebraska fans are generally nice but yet very arrogant and do not accept criticism very well.

Go Scotty go and chew that tobacco. Real class. And always always blame your players for each defeat. Yet another indication of a good coach. Hahaha...let's sit back and watch.

Goodness can you imagine losing to this Michigan State squad? I mean, I guess it's possible.

If that happens, it's either:

1. A total fluke, which you don't take into account in a season prediction thread.

2. Our team takes a massive step back and does not get close to 8 wins.
Meh

Wisconsin lost to Illinois last year

hahaha....it's intriguing that the sportswriters always pick Nebraska. How many more years of mediocracy need to occur before this enigma ends? The program down in Lincoln has hit nearly hit rock bottom...and I for one...am hoping they stay there. The fanbase is living in the 90's yet. Starter jackets and shouting 'go blackshirts'...it's so ridiculous and they are blind to seeing this. Nebraska fans are generally nice but yet very arrogant and do not accept criticism very well.

Go Scotty go and chew that tobacco. Real class. And always always blame your players for each defeat. Yet another indication of a good coach. Hahaha...let's sit back and watch.
Similar programs in the sense of being highly regarded 15-25 years ago but haven’t really done jack lately: Tennessee and Miami.

But I’m not sure if writers in the SEC and ACC so badly overrate them year after year, as the Big Ten writers do for Nebraska.

I think CFN is putting too much stock in "home" and "road" games. Assuming there's even a season, there is a certainty that crowds will be limited and a possibility there will be no crowds at all, certainly hurting teams which count more on big raucous crowds.

Similar programs in the sense of being highly regarded 15-25 years ago but haven’t really done jack lately: Tennessee and Miami.

But I’m not sure if writers in the SEC and ACC so badly overrate them year after year, as the Big Ten writers do for Nebraska.
And to be fair, Nebraska has been down for 5 years but going back 12 they’ve been at 9 wins 8 of the last 12 years.
They’ve finished top 25 6 of the past 12 years.

And to be fair, Nebraska has been down for 5 years but going back 12 they’ve been at 9 wins 8 of the last 12 years.
They’ve finished top 25 6 of the past 12 years.
That’s from Pelini. Which I’m sure you know, just saying.

They felt Pelini wasn’t getting it done and thought they could do better.

Been going further and further off the rails since, and I hope it stays that way.

That’s from Pelini. Which I’m sure you know, just saying.

They felt Pelini wasn’t getting it done and thought they could do better.

Been going further and further off the rails since, and I hope it stays that way.
Not all from Bo

Mike Reilly’s second season they won 9 games.

They also made bad hires in terms of scheme similarity.

They are running spread under Bo and switch to a pro style.
They are shocked the transition doesn’t go well immediately and fire The replacement.
Then hire a spread guy after recruiting to a pro system for 3 years.

It reminds me a little of what Brewster did with OCs

I think Nebraska is overrated as a program too. Both nationally and by their own fans. But they’re much closer to being an Iowa/Wisconsin level program than they are to being a purdue\illinois

Not all from Bo

Mike Reilly’s second season they won 9 games.

They also made bad hires in terms of scheme similarity.

They are running spread under Bo and switch to a pro style.
They are shocked the transition doesn’t go well immediately and fire The replacement.
Then hire a spread guy after recruiting to a pro system for 3 years.

It reminds me a little of what Brewster did with OCs

I think Nebraska is overrated as a program too. Both nationally and by their own fans. But they’re much closer to being an Iowa/Wisconsin level program than they are to being a purdue\illinois
Pelini 9/10 win seasons and Riley’s one 9 win season doesn’t do it for me.

They’re well south of that, and I am hoping they stay that way.

Pelini 9/10 win seasons and Riley’s one 9 win season doesn’t do it for me.

They’re well south of that, and I am hoping they stay that way.
It would be awesome if they were Minnesota 1973 right now

Top Bottom