Carr in transfer portal

I wonder if Carr has received some type of evaluation/advice that his NBA draft prospects are spotty.
Going the transfer route would suggest that he doesn't think he would be drafted by the NBA, and most likely he does not want to wind up playing G-League or going overseas.

Waiting fir the other shoe to drop. Robbins entering the portal. Makes U job a lot less attractive!
I don't think it makes the job any more or less attractive if Robbins stays. It certainly helps your chances of winning a few more games in year 1 but that is not what the new coach is going to be graded on.

Way too much fretting about guys putting their names in the portal. Totally makes sense to see what options are out there since they don't know what things are going to look like here next year.

Just because a kid is in the portal doesn't mean he is 100% gone until the time comes that he finds a new school or the old school makes it clear that coming back is not an option.

As everyone else was saying I didn't expect him back. There is plenty of room at guard next year for Minnesota.

They better hire a new coach by this weekend!
If the new coach is coaching in the tournament I wouldn't expect to hear anything until after that team is eliminated. There is no massive reason to rush this, obviously the sooner the better but in no way does the new coach have to be named right this second to avoid any sort of disaster.

Yeah a guy being less interested in a job because one player leaves is pretty laughable. Liam would be here two more years and a new coach is not getting fired in those two years no matter how bad they are (barring scandal etc).

Waiting fir the other shoe to drop. Robbins entering the portal. Makes U job a lot less attractive!
If I am Robbins, I put myself in the portal just to make my uncle more attractive to keep here by the next coach. Bargaining chip. He stays, I stay...

Since he's already transferred once in his career, does he still get the one-time exemption to transfer without sitting out a year, or because he was forced to sit, he would get that exemption? Kind of the opposite, potentially, of Robbins.

Good questions. He can be distinguished from Robbins and Gach. Is it possible that he could also be a grad transfer at least by the end of the summer?

If I am Robbins, I put myself in the portal just to make my uncle more attractive to keep here by the next coach. Bargaining chip. He stays, I stay...

No doubt, if I am a new coach I 100% would want to hire an assistant based solely on his nephew being on the team for 1 or 2 seasons during the time period while I am getting established and not being judged on results. Makes total sense.

If I were the new coach and a player presented that to me...”don’t let the door hit you in the ass”. No new coach with any worth is going to accept that ultimatum. Least I sincerely hope not. Bad hire if that’s the case.

Fred Hoiberg has already reached out to Carr
The only reason he plays another year would be to increase his draft potential, not sure Minnesota or Nebraska fit the profile.

Carr knows he isn't getting drafted.

Hearing rumors of Carr looking at Illinios. Could be why starting guard Adam Miller entered into the transfer portal today.

Miller is a stud. No way carr is why miller is leaving. Carr doesnt take any minutes away from miller. If anything those two together would be unbelievable. If this is the case would love to see carr have to sit out a year. Carr thinks too much of himself. He's going pro!

What if they all transfer to New Mexico and go .500 in conference in play after one or two guys get hurt
You forgot to add the part about beating a bunch of ranked teams before the injuries and getting their fans all excited. Man, those days feel like about 5 years ago.

You forgot to add the part about beating a bunch of ranked teams before the injuries and getting their fans all excited. Man, those days feel like about 5 years ago.
When the injuries started the team was 4-4 in the conference in a league that the conference champ had 3 losses and tourney champ had 4 losses.

no doubt they had better than 13th talent. But they didn’t even have top 5 in the conference talent.

If Calapari wants him, that would be a great spot for him. Worked for Tyler Hero and Derek Rose and all names are likely mis-spelled but you get the idea.

If Calapari wants him, that would be a great spot for him. Worked for Tyler Hero and Derek Rose and all names are likely mis-spelled but you get the idea.
Cal better do his homework on Carr. He's better than what they had this year but he doesn't exactly hit shooters in rhythm.

According to NCAA current proposal, it doesn’t appear Carr is eligible for the Covid transfer. He already did. Anybody have any insight?

Top Bottom