Carlos Morris Dismissed

Do I remember correctly someone saying that the team FaceTimed with Carlos from the locker room after the win? I'd take that as a positive sign.

I fully agree

I would suggest you go back and read the posts prior to mine. You will clearly see folks deciding Morris was at fault (he might be).

I implied nothing, I said don't make assumptions and offered a potential scenario. Three posts later when it was obvious folks thought I had some insight; I clearly stated I didn't.

Ten posts later including two which I reiterated I wasn't making any claims and your panties are still in a bunch?

Come on man![emoji41]

I took my own advice and went back and read everything you wrote. Without knowing the facts you trashed Morris. You did everything you accused me of? I understand you now. Your issue with me is I wasn't trashing Morris. You should buy yourself a mirror.[emoji45]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sportsfan24 I fully agree with what you have brought up here and on Morris. The trashing of Morris is pretty sick, this guy has not shown anything during his time as a Gopher to warrant the trash being thrown at him on this board. As far as I know the facts are where they should be, between Morris, the team, and the coaches. Lets quit speculating on a kid who is no longer on the team, he is already likely down.

In terms of Carlos as a player, yes at times he has played somewhat selfish, or he didn't always give his all on defense, but SO WHAT. Players do this all across the country on all sports teams on a daily basis, and in no way should these actions dictate someones view about him as a person, or incite some negative inhuman phrases to be sent his way. Maybe he is having rough time in MN, or has some internal struggles, we DO NOT KNOW. I was just as frustrated by Carlos as others at times, but lets separate his basketball play from the uncalled for speculating.

this guy has not shown anything during his time as a Gopher to warrant the trash being thrown at him on this board.

What about that one time he was kicked off the team for "conduct detrimental to the team"?

Do I remember correctly someone saying that the team FaceTimed with Carlos from the locker room after the win? I'd take that as a positive sign.

Yep.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Here's a thought - maybe instead of "It's Pitino's fault," or "It's Morris' fault," maybe the truth lies somewhere in between.

If Strother Martin was here, I think he would say: "What we have here is failure to communicate."

Here's a thought - maybe instead of "It's Pitino's fault," or "It's Morris' fault," maybe the truth lies somewhere in between.

If Strother Martin was here, I think he would say: "What we have here is failure to communicate."

That's pure speculation.

"Remember, quotes you hear on the internet are not always accurate." Abraham Lincoln.

Sportsfan24 I fully agree with what you have brought up here and on Morris. The trashing of Morris is pretty sick, this guy has not shown anything during his time as a Gopher to warrant the trash being thrown at him on this board. As far as I know the facts are where they should be, between Morris, the team, and the coaches. Lets quit speculating on a kid who is no longer on the team, he is already likely down.

In terms of Carlos as a player, yes at times he has played somewhat selfish, or he didn't always give his all on defense, but SO WHAT. Players do this all across the country on all sports teams on a daily basis, and in no way should these actions dictate someones view about him as a person, or incite some negative inhuman phrases to be sent his way. Maybe he is having rough time in MN, or has some internal struggles, we DO NOT KNOW. I was just as frustrated by Carlos as others at times, but lets separate his basketball play from the uncalled for speculating.

Very well-said. Agree with all of this. I've been pretty disgusted by a lot of the reactions on here. Like you said, (perceived) selfishness on the court is not a direct reflection of selfishness/character off the court. I've played a ton of organized sports my whole life and it's often comical how much these two are in disagreement (see Royce White).

Obviously whatever he has done caused him to be kicked off the team, but we have no idea what he did and what the circumstances were. Let's not speculate and kick the guy while he's down--I'm sure between the death of someone close to him, being kicked off the team, and not being a part of the last two wins have been hard enough. At least be grateful for him winning us the game at Michigan St. last year!

Top Bottom