Can we call him "Clutch Leidner"?...

Lordshawesome

Reaction score
Say what you will about ol' mitcheroo. It mat not alwats be pretty(or tightly spiraled enough for some), but he has shown time & time again, that when the game is on the line; this guy is a winner.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

And today he tied Sandy Stephens for MN 2nd all time rushing TD's by a QB

He played well today and I hope that quiets the haters aka Mitch's Bitchers

I'm not a believer in Leidner, I've made that clear.

I was thrilled that we won, excited for the guys and something we needed to pull out. We are 3-1 which is where the vast majority thought we would be at the beginning of the season.

Didn't like the throw Leidner had on the final drive to Maye that was almost picked off. That could've easily been the game.

We need to improve, period. I'm elated we got the win, but I'm realistic about our prospects the rest of the way. Our offense needs to start producing and soon.

I'm not a believer in Leidner, I've made that clear.

I was thrilled that we won, excited for the guys and something we needed to pull out. We are 3-1 which is where the vast majority thought we would be at the beginning of the season.

Didn't like the throw Leidner had on the final drive to Maye that was almost picked off. That could've easily been the game.

We need to improve, period. I'm elated we got the win, but I'm realistic about our prospects the rest of the way. Our offense needs to start producing and soon.

468 yards of offense today. Not good enough? What is your expectation of "producing"?

While he played a very good game, there were a couple of running plays where he could have turned it up field for more yards, but probably smart to limit the hits.

Leidner seems to have learned a lot from the Manning camp...from Eli Manning. Average QB until the game is on the line. Just win baby, that's all that matters.

Scoreboards count points bud.

We had 8 offensive possessions the entire game. 8! That's very low. And scored on five of them. 4 of the 8 possessions resulted in drives 78 yards or longer. We had nearly as many possessions in the second half last week (7) as we did the entire game today. The offense played well.

Lots of long drives from both teams.

Mitch had a good game today. That's right, I said it. Hopefully more to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

468 yards of offense, 27 points. Poor field position caused by special teams mistakes, and another game winning 4th quarter drive. I know there are people out there who just don't like Mitch and will likely never change their minds. But just give him his due for crying out loud. No one is going to be perfect and there are going to be plays every game that can go either way, but without Mitch and the way the offense played today, we don't win because special teams played poorly and the defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd down. Glad the offense could pick up the team today!

Was just a goofy game. Tough to feel great about the offense because you feel so mad about the turnovers on special teams and the injuries on defense. Just an all around odd game to watch. I never felt good during the whole thing.

Mitch haters will never be satisfied. He isn't the prettiest, but he keeps improving and makes lot of clutch plays to win games. Except for the booing in a win, pretty fun season.

Lol ML had one decent game. This game still doesn't make me want ML in B10 games. He is shaky, and unreliable. ML will always be that way, it is what it is. I bet everyone from the ML bashers to lovers will all agree we would rather have the Vick guy as our QB over ML if we had a choice.

Lol ML had one decent game. This game still doesn't make me want ML in B10 games. He is shaky, and unreliable. ML will always be that way, it is what it is. I bet everyone from the ML bashers to lovers will all agree we would rather have the Vick guy as our QB over ML if we had a choice.

I wouldn't.

Was just a goofy game. Tough to feel great about the offense because you feel so mad about the turnovers on special teams and the injuries on defense. Just an all around odd game to watch. I never felt good during the whole thing.
Odd game because the special teams let them down. And Offense won the game today [emoji2]

We had 8 offensive possessions the entire game. 8! That's very low. And scored on five of them. 4 of the 8 possessions resulted in drives 78 yards or longer. We had nearly as many possessions in the second half last week (7) as we did the entire game today. The offense played well.

Lots of long drives from both teams.

??

A lot of you guys think Croft can be the better player but will be bitching as soon as he throws two picks and has a fumble in a Big Ten game wondering what the hell is going on. Mitch rarely throws interceptions. Does he come close? Yes but luckily close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades and not football. Does he complete a lot of passes? Not always, but when the game is on the line he seems to always have a knack for always getting us down the field which is all you ask for. A win is a win and it doesn't show up any differently in the W-L if we win by 40 or 4 so I will take it. On to the next game and Go Gophers!!!

If Mitch plays like this the rest of the year, he will be about #5 or #6 on the list of gopher problems.

Not even close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of you guys think Croft can be the better player but will be bitching as soon as he throws two picks and has a fumble in a Big Ten game wondering what the hell is going on. Mitch rarely throws interceptions. Does he come close? Yes but luckily close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades and not football. Does he complete a lot of passes? Not always, but when the game is on the line he seems to always have a knack for always getting us down the field which is all you ask for. A win is a win and it doesn't show up any differently in the W-L if we win by 40 or 4 so I will take it. On to the next game and Go Gophers!!!

He threw two last week. Let's not get carried away.

I haven't been a fan of Mitch this year. He had two throws on the first drive that were bad and then the one on the final drive that could have been an INT. Other than those throws he was pretty good today. I thought the play calling and Oline play was much better today. I think they did a better job of calling throws that helped Mitch get into a rhythm today. I will have to admit Mitch tends to preform better when the offense has a since of urgency to it. Probably because he is thinking less and just reading and reacting. Anyway glad the Gophers won hope the winning ways continue next week.

The gophers scored on 5 of 8 drives today, DESPITE bad special teams plays. I'm really confused as to what we expect from our offense on this board. 8/8 with 8 TDs? 750 yards total O? This isnt Madden. sometimes you punt.

Strong game today Mitch. Thank you!

Top Bottom