Cameron Christie COMMITS!

Call it my Gopher Paranoia. He can still de-commit later, right?
I do not think we have anything to worry about. He talks about being happy that his recruiting is over and that his focus can now be on his senior year and getting better for college. Also the way he talks about Ben and about not liking to brag about recruiting offers. He is not one to chase the bright lights.

@builtbadgers what is your take on Christie? Assuming you may have some good insight since Virginia was in on him.
Strong pick up. Great chance at early time here. Not very familiar with his game but know he was a 3rd choice at UVA at his position so they clearly thought highly of him. Great job Ben and staff. This is such a high character high value team guy.

I don't follow recruiting very much with all the speculation and pissing matches about rankings, so what a nice surprise to get on GH and see this news. I really like the list of schools that offered!

This was the best part of what he said. He isn't off one bit.

“Even though he is just going into his second year, I like the way he coaches,” Christie said. “All six or seven of those guys in their rotation last year had the confidence to take whatever shot was open or whatever aggressive play they could make. I really appreciate the fact all his players looked and felt confident. The coaching style stood out and how coach Johnson instills belief in his players is something that really stood out to me. Those are the type of coaches you want to play for.”

Great quote. Super impressive that Ben was able to outduel those other teams for him.

Awesome news! Sounds like a hell of a player and I really like what he had to say

Interesting that IL has one 4* recruit in the whole state according to 247. Christie is the #2 recuit in the state as a 3*.
I remember IL churning out McDonald's All Americans regularly 20+ years ago! The Chicagoland alone should be producing multiple 4* recruits!

Christie's high school career ended tonight with a 59-58 sectional semifinal loss vs. Glenbrook North. Rolling Meadows finishes the season 27-7. Still looking to confirm, but I think he scored 30 tonight in the loss.

Last edited:

Wow! First 4 minutes of the game=no points, laying bricks, no offensive rebounds and a TO or 2. Ben should sign the whole team. Christie with 3 bricks so far. I may watch the rest. Maybe not.
Haven’t watched, but if it finishes 59-58 and he has 30 points, I’m guessing it gets better!! 😀😀

Haven’t watched, but if it finishes 59-58 and he has 30 points, I’m guessing it gets better!! 😀😀
I watched the first quarter. 12 - 4 Christie scored all his teams four points, including 2 for 2 on free throws. I have never cared one way or the other for a shot clock, but after watching this, I am all for it.

Christie is probably on the verge of receiving dollar offers from other teams. So it's good that his season ended. Hopefully he doesn't do too well in his first season on the Gophers.
Good lord man, go take a nap. It was a good night for a change. Try to enjoy it :)

Christie is probably on the verge of receiving dollar offers from other teams. So it's good that his season ended. Hopefully he doesn't do too well in his first season on the Gophers.

@GopherHole Staff can we delete this trash? It's literally in every thread on this board right now.

Good lord man, go take a nap. It was a good night for a change. Try to enjoy it :)

It would be great if someone would put a tranq dart in that fool. I'm picturing a man-child in his tighty-whiteys in his Mom's basement giggling with each new post. Loop it on repeat for HOURS.

It would be great if someone would put a tranq dart in that fool. I'm picturing a man-child in his tighty-whiteys in his Mom's basement giggling with each new post. Loop it on repeat for HOURS.
Thanks For that visual. :)

Top Bottom