Buffalo Wild Wings at Station 19 now open!

You would think I would get free food and drink.

buddy of mine told me that B-dubs was giving 1yr supply of wings to the 1st X number of customers. can anyone confirm if this was in fact true and if anyone here was able to get in on this promotion?

buddy of mine told me that B-dubs was giving 1yr supply of wings to the 1st X number of customers. can anyone confirm if this was in fact true and if anyone here was able to get in on this promotion?

The linked article says the first 100 get free wings for a year. Which is what? 6 wings a week for 52 weeks? Big deal.

I bet they like the idea of a vikings game at tcf. A lot of people will probably go there just to be near the game.

Buffolo Wild Wings sucks...lousy food worse service...I have never been in one that didn't suck...what a tragedy.

It really stinks that a unique bar didn't move in to this location. Too bad.

Buffolo Wild Wings sucks...lousy food worse service...I have never been in one that didn't suck...what a tragedy.

I can't believe it took 11 posts to get to this one. Any time Buffalo Wild Wings is brought up here, there are always plenty of haters.

Meanwhile, it seems to be a very solid franchise. I don't get to one all that often (don't have one real close by). So far I have been to the Chanhassen and Brainerd locations several times, always with good results, along with Monticello, St. Cloud, and a few others repeatedly with good results as well. I did have slow service at one, but I can't remember the location... I think it was in the North Metro somewhere after my kid's tournament little league game this past summer.

The food on the other hand, was almost always exactly the same regardless of location. It is pretty hard to screw up the limited things they serve. I think my wife ordered something that was dry or overcooked once, but all in all it was a similar experience across several locations... which is what it is all about in franchise restaurants.

I'm looking forward to checking out the Station 19 location. It is nice they could fill that location and it should be a hot spot for Gopher athletic game days.

Their wings leave a lot to be desired versus truly good places, but what the heck. It's wings and beer, with a lot of TVs. I'll take it.

Yay chain restaurants. I'll head over there right after I get done at Applebee's. :/

Every Tuesday for 2 years my buddies and myself would put in a takeout order of about 20 wings each and go back to an apartment and watch the NBA on TNT. Good times and good memories but now I don't watch the NBA and have only been in a BW3 once in ten years. What's the point of this story you ask? I have no idea. TVs, wings, and beer before a Gophers bball game will most likely be in my future.

Does anybody know if they are using the entire building? I remember Sparky's used the basement and upstairs.

I think they're just using the first floor (and basement if there is one?). Station 19 architects still has the upstairs space.

They serve beer don't they? Funny how people complained for years that there was no bar there and now one opens again and now it's not "cool enough", "crappy chain", etc.
Hopefully everybody that complains had a better business plan that they just couldn't get their bank to sign off on.

How many bars have failed in that location over the years? At least they have a track record of success.

Screw the arguing. Let's :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: and :drink: some more. Iowa City Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dinkytown has become a dump for franchise resturants and bars. Sally's, Big10, Stubs need the buisness. The things that make a lot of college campuses unique has faded fast in the last decase. So sad. Enjoy bdubs. I'll be somewhere else.

I don't know what type of experiences you've had, but I've always accomplished my mission by having wings, beer, and plenty of TVs for watching sports. I've also never experienced bad service there.

Plenty of unique establishments HAVE moved there, and all of them have FAILED.

This should be something to enjoy! If you want spectacular food and service, go to Manny's. If you want bar food and beer and a spot to pre-game/watch sports, go to the brand new, U of M- themed Buffalo Wild Wings!

I prefer Big Ten's wings personally. Plus waiting 12 hours in -30 windchills for 6 wings a week for a year? I'd rather still have all my fingers and toes.

Hopefully this discussion will end after I purchase the building.

My Plan is to completly redo the inside, but leave it nostalgic. I plan to convert the upper level into private living quarters, keeping a two or three stall garage for personal use with elevator to top floor.

The main level and basement will offered free of charge to the Goal Line Club.

This will all take place shortly after I win the lottery.

Plenty of unique establishments HAVE moved there, and all of them have FAILED.

There hasn't been a bar there for at least 11 years now, so I don't know if you can say an independent one wouldn't succeed. Of course, someone would have to put up the $$$ to have a place there and nobody did.

I went last night, they had some free beer and giveaways. A friend of mine actually won a mini fridge. Otherwise it was just like any other bww I've ever been to. The over friendly staff and annoying tuba player kinda weirded me out.

There hasn't been a bar there for at least 11 years now, so I don't know if you can say an independent one wouldn't succeed. Of course, someone would have to put up the $$$ to have a place there and nobody did.

The old station 19 bar that was there was successful as was its successor, Sparky's. My understanding is that the U offered a good deal of $$ for the property. Hard not to turn it down. It is not like any bar was ever a failure there -- those were both very popular bars.

I'm happy there is a bar there now -- just wish it was a bar unique to the University of Minnesota.

Top Bottom