Bryce McNeal coming home?!?

jjgopher

Reaction score
I posted this in another thread under Seantral, but figured I'd start a new thread on it. I heard a rumor yesterday that Bryce McNeal was at the U this week (Clemson had a bye), and he is transferring to the U. The person I heard it from is a very reliable source that would definitely know what's going on with the situation. Obviously this seems like the first time anyone has heard of this so I'll remain skeptical, but take it for what it's worth I guess. Love to see him in Maroon and Gold with Decker leaving after the season.

Gray rolls to his left, Henderson pancakes the over-matched Badger defensive end....GRAY BOMBS ONE DEEP...MCNEAL! TOUCHDOWN GOPHERS!

It really makes sense from a realist point of view...after Decker leaves...we really only have two decent receivers left in Green and Stoudamire who are also both relatively undersized slot recievers, too. I hope he realizes that if he were to come back even though he had to sit out a year, he would be playing right away once his eligibility was available.

Gray rolls to his left, Henderson pancakes the over-matched Badger defensive end....GRAY BOMBS ONE DEEP...MCNEAL! TOUCHDOWN GOPHERS!

hahahahahaha, love where your head is right now. Come on Bryce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It really makes sense from a realist point of view...after Decker leaves...we really only have two decent receivers left in Green and Stoudamire who are also both relatively undersized slot recievers, too. I hope he realizes that if he were to come back even though he had to sit out a year, he would be playing right away once his eligibility was available.

...on the other hand, a cursory look doesn't show anyone obvious blocking his way to playing time at Clemson. Any idea what his motivation would be to waste another year sitting out?
Regardless of motivation, here's to hoping the rumor is true.

Looks like Brewster is starting to show it's never too late to land a top in-state recruit.

I posted this in another thread under Seantral, but figured I'd start a new thread on it. I heard a rumor yesterday that Bryce McNeal was at the U this week (Clemson had a bye), and he is transferring to the U. The person I heard it from is a very reliable source that would definitely know what's going on with the situation. Obviously this seems like the first time anyone has heard of this so I'll remain skeptical, but take it for what it's worth I guess. Love to see him in Maroon and Gold with Decker leaving after the season.

btw, did you hear that Bryce was here, and the person speculated that he was transferring? If the only thing people know is that he was here, you can't really read anything in to that.

...on the other hand, a cursory look doesn't show anyone obvious blocking his way to playing time at Clemson. Any idea what his motivation would be to waste another year sitting out?
Regardless of motivation, here's to hoping the rumor is true.

Looks like Brewster is starting to show it's never too late to land a top in-state recruit.

From what I gathered, he really did struggle between staying here and going to Clemson. At the time, it ultimately came down to him wanting to do his own thing and get away. But sounds like he's starting to realize that the U is where he should have went all along. Guess we'll wait and see.

btw, did you hear that Bryce was here, and the person speculated that he was transferring? If the only thing people know is that he was here, you can't really read anything in to that.

The first thing out of her mouth was that he was transferring back here, and then after we talked about why and everything she mentioned that he was even here this week. I was kinda supposed to keep it on the hush, but I care about the GopherHole more than her so I figured I would share it :cool02:

so if this would actually go down, would the first thing Brew would have Bryce do is call Seantrel and talk about his experiences???? ;)

Bryce was the 75th ranked player in the country, so he could speak on the same level as Seantrel

Love it!

This is great! Good to dream about. I don't think this dream is too far off from reality in our near future. We should also add TRIPS TO PASADINA CALIFORNIA AND EVENTUAL NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS!

It won't be long!

Floyd

Michael Floyd was also at the game...

No, I do NOT think Floyd is coming back. Just an FYI

The first thing out of her mouth was that he was transferring back here, and then after we talked about why and everything she mentioned that he was even here this week. I was kinda supposed to keep it on the hush, but I care about the GopherHole more than her so I figured I would share it :cool02:

lol

a teacher at breck told me mcneal has been in contact with his high school coach the last couple weeks. word is he enjoys the football aspect of clemson but not the living situation whatever that might be.

a teacher at breck told me mcneal has been in contact with his high school coach the last couple weeks. word is he enjoys the football aspect of clemson but not the living situation whatever that might be.

He probably doesn't enjoy NASCAR. :cool02:

Yes!! someone to validate the OPs claim, now we are moving.......... I hope to hear positive confirmation within 24 hrs :party:

As someone that has lived both in the North and South let me tell you there is a huge cultural difference. The South, is very socially structured, so I can see where Bryce would have problems. Last year when he committed to Clemson I thought to myself, "He does't know what he's getting himself into", looks like I was right.

Great, this ALWAYS works out so well. Whenever someone comes 'home' to play, we get all excited and then after a couple of games, reality sets in and we realize that if they were any good, they wouldn't have left their original school.

that's not fair. Roysten has been good. Did anyone think he was elite?? Same with Careufel. These guys are starting for this team. Those are great additions. If they weren't here we'd be starting guys who weren't as talented. That's the reality. Hopefully it will set in for you soon.

I am not going to get overly excited until I see a quote from Bryce himself...that being said...I have been saying since day one on this board that living and going to school in the twin cities is a unique and quality experience that not many campuses can offer...and when going to college, whether for just an education or to play football, it matters.

Welcome back Bryce if that is what you want!

I am not going to get overly excited until I see a quote from Bryce himself...

i agree with this. that is why i didnt post what the lady at the school told me but i figured since someone brought it up i would just share what i heard.

yeah i debated whether or not i would even bother with it, but she was confident, so i i figured i would share it. on a sidenote, over at GI, one of the head guys there has already shared texts with Bryce, and he denied the rumors and said he loves Clemson so

There should be a stupidity quotient. Kind of like a like dislike button.

Maybe Brent doesn't like his position on the depth chart at Clemson. Looks like he won't be seeing the field for another year or 2.

ok ok lol settle down. This would be great if he did!!!!! We all know after this year WR is gonna be a huge area of need...

I thought he wasn't even that good? Everyone seemed to think that when he committed to Clemson and when it was announced he would redshirt.

I thought he wasn't even that good? Everyone seemed to think that when he committed to Clemson and when it was announced he would redshirt.

Or when he went for about 300 yards and 2 scores his entire senior year in hs.

Good source told me McNeal is completely full of himself...not shocking he doesn't like Clemson, he is just another dude there. I think he likes the notoriety and attention. He would definitely get more of that here.

Top Bottom