Brockington Commits!

Wonder what it means for Sam Jackson as he was seen as possibly recommitting.

Brockington's commitment seems to indicate to me that Dino Kaliakmanis is going to be a linebacker here.

Bateman gone after this next season and i honestly think there is a (albeit small, maybe) chance that Autman-Bell could have the kind of season to at least consider declaring, so there's plenty of room for guys to battle it out.

Bateman gone after this next season and i honestly think there is a (albeit small, maybe) chance that Autman-Bell could have the kind of season to at least consider declaring, so there's plenty of room for guys to battle it out.
if he has that type of season, give Morgan the Heisman right now because his numbers will be bonkers and we're going to win a ton of games.

if he has that type of season, give Morgan the Heisman right now because his numbers will be bonkers and we're going to win a ton of games.

I mean...yeah. I'd be very surprised if CAB declared for the draft. He'd need Bateman's #s from last year...and if bateman is going he'd need Bateman's #s from last year. Maybe Morgan throws 55TDs and 5500 yards? Wouldn't hate it.

Right? When i say small chance, i mean like 5-10%, but i really do believe its at least feasible. I just don't see why people seem to be expecting some kind of big drop-off this year. I get that Morgan played lights out and its hard for Minnesotans to fathom anything like that happening in years consecutive (or ever), but he'll do it again. That's the kind of worker and preparer Tanner is. I expect a more consistent running game, but i also expect the line will give him more time to throw this year. I don't want to tempt fate, but that almost can't not happen (the line giving him more time).

I mean...yeah. I'd be very surprised if CAB declared for the draft. He'd need Bateman's #s from last year...and if bateman is going he'd need Bateman's #s from last year. Maybe Morgan throws 55TDs and 5500 yards? Wouldn't hate it.

So just to be clear....your saying you would be OK with our QB throwing for 5500 yards and 55 TDs....man you are really going on a limb with that one....not sure many could get behind that :)

But to the other point, I will be shocked if CAB does enough to be a legit pro prospect at the end of this season. If he does then something really special probably happened.

I fully expect CAB to catch 60+ balls for close to 1000 yards. I dunno what is needed to get serious nfl attention though.

I fully expect CAB to catch 60+ balls for close to 1000 yards. I dunno what is needed to get serious nfl attention though.
I would say that would get nfl attention. Daniel Braverman got drafted in the 7th round out of Western Michigan but he had one year of ~1000 and another of ~1300 yards so that exceeds Autman-Bell's career if he indeed does go for what your predict.

Did Dino play LB/S in high school too I assume?
That I cannot say, I only remember that after the Kaliakmanis brothers committed that Dino was quoted as saying that Fleck didn't know where he would play at the U.

I'd say that would get attention, but nowhere near enough for him to go to the draft next year.

If he doesn't stay at WR, I would predict S. The Gophers are after a number of OLB.s who are highly-rated prospects and who are bigger than Dino.

It's so hard to make these calls right now. He had some great highlights last season but he was also lining up across from the #3 guy all year. It's possible, but more opportunity is also going to come with tougher competition.

I think CAB has some talent but what is it in him that makes people think he's going to go from a guy who had 371 yards last year to a guy who's going to be leaving early for the NFL? Again I like CAB but I can't think of a player in recent memory who got so much hype relative to their level of production.

That said, I do realize he was the third option behind 2 NFL WR and I expect a good uptick in his numbers this year, but I'd like to see it before I believe it, outside of a few highlight reel plays he has made in his first two years.

I think CAB has some talent but what is it in him that makes people think he's going to go from a guy who had 371 yards last year to a guy who's going to be leaving early for the NFL? Again I like CAB but I can't think of a player in recent memory who got so much hype relative to their level of production.

That said, I do realize he was the third option behind 2 NFL WR and I expect a good uptick in his numbers this year, but I'd like to see it before I believe it, outside of a few highlight reel plays he has made in his first two years.

I dunno about the nfl hype but someone is going to have a huge jump in production, and CAB is the most likely candidate. Flecks offenses have supported two productive WRs most years going back to WMU. Unless that was a KC thing I imagine CAB being part of the duo this year, the opportunity is why people expect the jump more than anything. But I do also think CAB has a lot of talent.

What does this mean in terms of JD Spielman

Here is a link to a ranking of Georgia high school receivers. Not sure how reputable it is but Brockington is on it. Also on that list is Chauncey Magwood whom the Gophers have also shown some interest. Not all of these are 2021 kids though. Deyon Bouie is from my town and is a 4 star 2022 prospect ranked by some as a top 25 player in the nation. Not sure how many more could be 2022 prospects.

https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/945/720/9720945.jpg1587011195006.png

Wow, dude is a burner. Impressive tape and offer list. I'm surprised his commitment didn't generate more buzz on here. Big time pickup.

Here is a link to a ranking of Georgia high school receivers. Not sure how reputable it is but Brockington is on it. Also on that list is Chauncey Magwood whom the Gophers have also shown some interest. Not all of these are 2021 kids though. Deyon Bouie is from my town and is a 4 star 2022 prospect ranked by some as a top 25 player in the nation. Not sure how many more could be 2022 prospects.

https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/945/720/9720945.jpgView attachment 7633

You live in Bainbridge?? I used to cover them when I worked for the nearby bigger city paper. I remember writing stories on Nick Williams (who went on to play at UGA) from there.

Top Bottom