Brockington Commits!

Scouting Report:
Brockington does a lot of good things on tape. He shows good strength both after the catch in fending off tacklers and in going up to challenge for the ball. He catches the ball well away from his body and coming out of his breaks. His change of direction is good and he shows elusiveness after the catch. He plays faster than his track times might suggest. He is a guy we would have loved to have gotten a time on at an Opening Regional. As it stands though, he is a guy who shows he can run a go route and take the top off a defense but can also catch a short pass and get YAC.

Minnesota continues to do a really good job of identifying receivers with athletic traits. Brockington is a playmaker who has played outside and in the slot in high school and I think can similarly do either in college.

I'm thinking the Gopher staff isnt as high on them as the fans are.

Might be less about being high on them and more about just not willing to wait around on them. Fleck seems very big on wanting guys who truly want to be here. Sure they would have loved to have had the Green brothers but given that they have a direct line to the program through Seth, if they are not fired up about the prospect of coming here I am sure the staff would rather get a guy like Brockington who clearly is.

To be clear though, I have no clue if this closes the door on the Green's potentially coming here. Just because guys are listed as WR in their profile it doesn't guarantee that is the position they are going to play at the next level.

giphy.gif

Excellent! Welcome!

(comment that is completely unrelated to the obvious skill and talent of this young man, as a WR:
watching his highlight reel, I'm reminded once again what a disappointment it is to watch high school football these days, with the "grass basketball" mentality it has almost ubiquitously taken.)

Junior Alexander still a big-time priority at wideout too. I'm all in on bringing in the most talent that you can. If that's the Green brothers too, than that is just a stacked receiving group. I would think the Greens may not be in also but I guess we'll see.

I love it anytime we are beating out solid SEC schools for a player from down South. Georgia has been really good to us in recent years. I used to cover high school and college football in Georgia for a couple seasons and Colquitt County (along with Tift County) were in my coverage area. This is definitely high-level Georgia football and he should be pretty well-prepared playing in a conference like that one.

Nice pickup! Wants to be here so naturally we want those guys instead of the ones dinking around. If we are there 3rd 4th choice etc., and they can't get their 1st and 2nd choice etc., why would we want them? Would they work as hard in the off season etc., as their true loyalty isn't here?

Excellent! Welcome!

(comment that is completely unrelated to the obvious skill and talent of this young man, as a WR:
watching his highlight reel, I'm reminded once again what a disappointment it is to watch high school football these days, with the "grass basketball" mentality it has almost ubiquitously taken.)
Don’t understand your comment?
You don’t like teams that get the ball to athletes in space?

I am a bit surprised. I thought John Brockington used up his eligibility years ago.

Back in the day, his number was the only option for the Green Bay Packers kids' jersey in the Sears catalog.

Might be less about being high on them and more about just not willing to wait around on them. Fleck seems very big on wanting guys who truly want to be here. Sure they would have loved to have had the Green brothers but given that they have a direct line to the program through Seth, if they are not fired up about the prospect of coming here I am sure the staff would rather get a guy like Brockington who clearly is.

To be clear though, I have no clue if this closes the door on the Green's potentially coming here. Just because guys are listed as WR in their profile it doesn't guarantee that is the position they are going to play at the next level.

Row the Boat, Baby or don't get in the damn boat!

Scouting Report:
Brockington does a lot of good things on tape. He shows good strength both after the catch in fending off tacklers and in going up to challenge for the ball. He catches the ball well away from his body and coming out of his breaks. His change of direction is good and he shows elusiveness after the catch. He plays faster than his track times might suggest. He is a guy we would have loved to have gotten a time on at an Opening Regional. As it stands though, he is a guy who shows he can run a go route and take the top off a defense but can also catch a short pass and get YAC.

Minnesota continues to do a really good job of identifying receivers with athletic traits. Brockington is a playmaker who has played outside and in the slot in high school and I think can similarly do either in college.

An 11.28 PR in the 100 meters is nothing special but he can start and stop on a dime. Check out :40 to :52 in his video. Wow, could look great in the slot. Nice offer list of Tennessee, Miami, South Carolina, VA Tech, GA Tech, Purdue, Indiana and Kentucky.

An 11.28 PR in the 100 meters is nothing special but he can start and stop on a dime. Check out :40 to :52 in his video. Wow, could look great in the slot. Nice offer list of Tennessee, Miami, South Carolina, VA Tech, GA Tech, Purdue, Indiana and Kentucky.

FWIW, that isn’t my scouting report. Copy/pasted from the 247 guy. Allen Triheu or whatever his name is

Top Bottom