Brewster's gotta go

DMB123

Reaction score
Awful football coach, plain and simple. I love his passion and attitude, but he is the second coming of Jim Wacker. Only difference is Wacker produced great offenses. Time to look elsewhere. Possible candidates...

Gary Patterson - TCU
Turner Gill - Buffalo
Tommy Tubberville
Brian Kelly - Cincy

Brian Kelly and Gary Patterson would be fools to leave thier current gigs for Minnesota. Turner Gill and Tuberville are possibilites.

original_image.png

Awful football coach, plain and simple. I love his passion and attitude, but he is the second coming of Jim Wacker. Only difference is Wacker produced great offenses. Time to look elsewhere. Possible candidates...

Gary Patterson - TCU
Turner Gill - Buffalo
Tommy Tubberville
Brian Kelly - Cincy

Agreed that he is probably Jim Wacker 2 (without the lovable personality), but you have to give him until the end of next year. He obviously has no/few coaching skills, so he is going to have to recruit out of his mind to hold on to the job.

Gary Patterson - TCU
Turner Gill - Buffalo
Tommy Tubberville
Brian Kelly - Cincy

I don't know where to look at this point. My head is spinning. I love the Gophers, but this is frustrating. I'm so embarrassed at this point. It's like watching a train wreck with this offense. It's so horrifying, you just can't look away. How low will they go? No TDs in two games. Pathetic. It's like Minnesota is a Division II team trying to play with the big boys...but simply can't.

In Mason's last season we lost to Ohio State 44-0.

Sad to say it, but he seriously needs to be fired. He can recruit all the talent in the world but when you can't coach it doesn't matter. He is making this program even worse than it already was. We are the worst team in the big ten right now.....

Sad to say it, but he seriously needs to be fired. He can recruit all the talent in the world but when you can't coach it doesn't matter. He is making this program even worse than it already was. We are the worst team in the big ten right now.....
Which would explain why we beat Northwestern and Purdue.

I expect more from you Jacki.

In Mason's last season we lost to Ohio State 44-0.

Is this the defense of Brewster we're left resorting too? There's a reason Brew stayed with Mack Brown all of those many years instead of leaving for a coordinator or HC job. It's becoming clearer why that was each week.

Gary Patterson - TCU
Turner Gill - Buffalo
Tommy Tubberville
Brian Kelly - Cincy

great idea! then we can have a new coach, a new system, and a failed recruiting class to start from scratch again...your an idiot

Is this the defense of Brewster we're left resorting too? There's a reason Brew stayed with Mack Brown all of those many years instead of leaving for a coordinator or HC job. It's becoming clearer why that was each week.
I'm not defending Brewster, I'm pointing out to the mouthbreathers that we are a dog*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# program and we were before Brewster too.

NO DUNGY!!!!
I like Brewster but we are getting worse and worse each week. Fundamentals are poor and the talent just isn't there. Whaley sux, Eskridge sux, Royston sux, Theret sux, Simmons sux, Lair totally sux.

I was hoping he was going to do it but it isn't going to happen. Next year we just don't have the horses once we lose all these seniors.

great idea! then we can have a new coach, a new system, and a failed recruiting class to start from scratch again...your an idiot

So we should never fire a coach.

I say let the season play out. But if Brew can coach, we shouldn't be a bottom tier team in a bad Big 10.

At last count, I believe we are on our second offensive coordinator and third defensive coordinator in three years - what's the difference?

I'm indifferent either way - if Brew is fired, I think whoever does get hired will be in a good position to succeed; young talent, good stadium, good school.

If he is retained for another year and is a complete debacle once again, then noone can say he wasn't given the opportunity and we get a new coach.

And if they are better next year, then we're better.

It's a no-lose situation! Glass half full, boys!

So we should never fire a coach.

I say let the season play out. But if Brew can coach, we shouldn't be a bottom tier team in a bad Big 10.

I'm sorry but those of you who think firing brew after 2 & 1/2 years are all STUPID!!! brew came in to a program that was bottoming out. he has recruited well, and really, very few of his guys are playing. these seniors are not talented enough to compete for a big ten title...the gophs are a .500 team and that's what you should have expected! decker is a stud...name another gopher player with decker's stature...there aren't any! brew deserves 5-6 years because that's how far out we were coming into brew's hiring. no coach is going to walk in and take us to the rose bowl...i have never been so disappointed in gopher fans as I am now! I really think a lot of you are getting ndsu, wisconsin, iowa-like and its annoying. its been 2 & 1/2 years...a lot of you are idiots...

on the flip side, if dungy wants to coach us, screw brew! ha!

Um, why would Kelly come here? If anybody thinks we're going to be paying anybody 2 mil a year (and he wouldn't leave Cincy for less than 2.5 probably), you're crazy.

I'm sorry but those of you who think firing brew after 2 & 1/2 years are all STUPID!!! brew came in to a program that was bottoming out. he has recruited well, and really, very few of his guys are playing. these seniors are not talented enough to compete for a big ten title...the gophs are a .500 team and that's what you should have expected! decker is a stud...name another gopher player with decker's stature...there aren't any! brew deserves 5-6 years because that's how far out we were coming into brew's hiring. no coach is going to walk in and take us to the rose bowl...i have never been so disappointed in gopher fans as I am now! I really think a lot of you are getting ndsu, wisconsin, iowa-like and its annoying. its been 2 & 1/2 years...a lot of you are idiots...

Bingo! We have a winner!!

Don't be so freaking stupid people. Really?? Fire the coach?? I don't really think starting over is a good plan.

I don't care what it costs. Bring in a decent coach. THIS IS GETTING OLD real fast

I don't care what it costs. Bring in a decent coach. THIS IS GETTING OLD real fast

I'm starting to think along the same line. I'm sick of this oh he needs two, three, four years before we can judge him. B.S!!!!! Other teams have had new coaches come in and the turnaround is drastic when you actually hire a decent coach. They are competitive from the get go because they hired a better coach than they had before!!!

on the flip side, if dungy wants to coach us, screw brew! ha!

Wow, 22 posts on here and you are the expert and the rest of us are idiots. Thank you for gracing us with your presence!

You're new, so I personally will cut you some slack. A lot of us aren't thinking rationally right now, but people will calm down some later in the week. We're passionate and we want to see the Gophers succeed more than the "average" fan.

Offer Turner Gill a ton of money to come in as OC, with the understanding that he will be head coach after Brew's run. But he will very likely be grabbed this year by some program or other. Brew needs to take some chances, like starting Gray three or four games ago, and bringing some discuipline to a team that is scrappy but ragged.

Wow, 22 posts on here and you are the expert and the rest of us are idiots. Thank you for gracing us with your presence!

You're new, so I personally will cut you some slack. A lot of us aren't thinking rationally right now, but people will calm down some later in the week. We're passionate and we want to see the Gophers succeed more than the "average" fan.

I think when you keep getting your ass handed to you on a weekly basis against decent competition people should be mad. I'm thinking very rationally right now, and I'm really wishing we had a decent coach who could get the most out of his talent, like dare I say - Kirk Ferentz. The guy doesn't recruit very well but he's doing something right. What if Brewster had his talent. 2 maybe 3 win team?

FYI for those of you clamoring for Turner Gill - Buffalo is 3-4 right now, including a loss to Central Michigan and a loss to Temple 37-13(!).

Okay ... who? Patterson reportedly turned down $2 million from us before Brewster was hired. We have no recruiting base. We've been mediocre (or worse) for 40 years. Then we fire a coach after three years, when he won 7 games last year and likely 6 and maybe 7 again this year. Name ONE program-changing coach would come here when he knows he only has three years to turn around a 40-year problem? One.

Top Bottom