Brewster's gotta go

You guys need to get over yourselves. THIS IS A VERY GOOD STAFF WHO IS DOING A GREAT JOB WITH LIMITED TALENT!!!

1) Brewster: Still doing a great job selling the program; recruiting another top 35 class; has toned down the charisma (as many had hoped); making solid gameday decisions, IMO.
/QUOTE]

I'd say that he is doing a solid job. I see good things ahead unlike some others on this board. I can't wait to see Gray dropping to pass, getting trouble, escaping, taking off and making a big first down. Weber just doesn't have his skills.

I want Brew to succeed as much as anybody - I want anyone who is the Gophers coach to succeed!

My problem with Mason was recruiting; I think he is a good coach, however, in terms of player development. He didn't have great recruiting classes, but there are a number of players in the NFL that he recruited himself and turned into NFL players (he and his staff, of course).

I'm not sad Mason is gone; I was in favor of his dismissal. I just want to see the players here get better each year and Brewster hasn't shown that to happen. He will be back next year, but it certainly will be make or break - no doubt about it.

Oh, and with regards to Charlie Strong, my point wasn't that he should be the coach. My point was that top-level assistants would come after this job (again, Missouri's O-Coordinator took the Wyoming job. Was Missouri's offense not one of the top offenses in the country the past few years? There just aren't a ton of these jobs open each year, so he took what he could get).

Does anybody remember Mason or Wacker? Brewster is as good of a coach as those two, right now, in year number three as a head coach. Mason perfected the deer in headlights look. The only thing that kept those teams in some of the games, was a great line and some great running backs that kept time of possession in check. Wacker is pretty hard to describe.

Our won-loss record is exactly where I expected it to be. The wisconsin game was a toss-up to me in the offseason. Sure I wish the offense would have played better the last couple of weeks, but the final result is what I expected. I thought Weber had a good first half, then he got rattled in the second half after he hit the turf for the 12th time. If only our receivers could have caught the ball in the first half and our secondary didn't make their one big mistake. I thought we played Ohio State straight up in the first half.

We haven't lost a game that we were expected to win and we want to fire our head coach? Maturi did not hire Brewster to turn around the program in 2 or 3 years. He hired a good recruiter that could restock the shelves (a five year process) and someone who would grow into a head coach role. Brewster has made significant strides as a head coach. Brewster is doing exactly what he was hired to do and exactly what I expected of him.

Sad to say it, but he seriously needs to be fired. He can recruit all the talent in the world but when you can't coach it doesn't matter. He is making this program even worse than it already was. We are the worst team in the big ten right now.....

I understand your frustration with the coaching I still think the jury is out on Brew and it isn't looking good for him at this point, but looking at this game specifically the players flat out didn't execute the game plan, dropped passes, turnovers etc. Coaches need to coach and players need to execute plays and overall they didn't do it today.

I say keep him. The schedule we had this year has been alot tougher than the past. The offense needs to start helping the defense out. At the beginning of this season, everyone would have expected a 4-4 record at this point... relax. Don't get so emotional.

CRAW.

Top Bottom